Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

5 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Just so happens Punch Line went on sale today in the NA store for $17.49 on PS4 and $27.99(?!?) on Vita.

That is so weird when the PS4 version was originally $10 more.  It's also not cross-buy and the game does have separate stacks for PS4 and Vita.  I'm playing the Vita version and likely both versions play the same.  I'll say though it is a VN with very nominal gameplay, though it is made by the same devs as Steins;Gate.

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

That is so weird when the PS4 version was originally $10 more.  It's also not cross-buy and the game does have separate stacks for PS4 and Vita.  I'm playing the Vita version and likely both versions play the same.  I'll say though it is a VN with very nominal gameplay, though it is made by the same devs as Steins;Gate.

Yeah, that’s what threw me off. How the Vita version could still be going for more than the PS4 version during a sale. I too have played through the Vita version. I may pick up the PS4 version and maybe Steins Gate Elite, since it is on sale as well.

Edited by Fnee2000

5 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Yeah, that’s what threw me off. How the Vita version could still be going for more than the PS4 version during a sale. I too have played through the Vita version. I may pick up the PS4 version and maybe Steins Gate Elite, since it is on sale as well.

It's probably because Vita versions often are forgotten with regards to sales.  I've seen some games that aren't cross buy have the PS4 version go on sale plenty of times and the Vita version not, so a lesser sale on a Vita version isn't out there.

• Like 1