Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

6 hours ago, StilRh said:

Weekend update. I've been able to get back in the game with my days off. Cold Steel has been completed and I'm on the 2nd playthrough now. After that cliff hanger I insta-bought the sequel and will add to the challenge when I get more of my challenge games completed. Thinking about my vita selection, might try Tokyo Xandu while I've got the taste for Nihon Falcom games :) I'm looking for a bit of a palate cleanser aswel, playing JRPGs with a guide as you're sweating about missables is a stressful way of playing at times - I want some mindless fun.

Tokyo Xanadu is going to require a minimum of two playthroughs to 100%, three is much easier because nightmare + infinity mode is pretty brutal, so you could easily do a more mindless blind run to enjoy the story and then get the missables on your second run and use the last for anything remaining you still may have missed.  It isn't too bad to do three runs, infinity mode on easy difficulty is a breeze and it can be nice to have that blind run first.  If you go the three playthrough route, do the infinity mode run second and try to get S ranks in the dungeons and all the treasure for sure on that run.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

Well lads, it's been a fun ride but I'm dropping out of the event. I woke up today to find that my PS4 hard drive had corrupted overnight somehow, and after trying what I could, I couldn't fix it. I happened to have a spare hard drive laying around and popped it in, so the PS4 is working fine again, but all my save data is gone. It's a shame I didn't have the auto-upload to the cloud turned on (it's sure turned on now), because I'm pretty certain I can't get anything off that corrupted drive myself. Anyway, I don't particularly feel like making my way through everything on this list, or everything I had progress in outside of this event again, so I'm thinking I'll just make a new account and start fresh (A new account strictly for trophy hunting, and I'll use my current for recreational play). Call it OCD I guess, but having unfinished items on my trophy list from games that I'm to disheartened to restart from the beginning is going to bother me. Below is my final update, and I managed to finish one game and make some progress in a couple others. Also I published a Ghost Recon Breakpoint trophy guide, so hopefully that helps a few people out. Best of luck to everyone else still in the event, and if you have PS plus I'd strongly recommend turning that cloud feature on. 

Spoiler

1.   (PS4) The American Dream - 100%

2.   (PS4) The Escapists - 100%

3.   (PS4) Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power - 100%

4.   (PS4) Trine Enchanted Edition - 17%

5.   (PS4) The Escapists: The Walking Dead - 15% ➟ 61%

6.   (PS4) The Legend of Korra - 100%

7.   (PS4) Persona 4: Dancing All Night - 100%

8.   (PS4) RiME - 100%

9.   (PS4) Star Wars Bounty Hunter - 4%

10. (PS4) Unravel - 8%

11. (PS4) Worms Battlegrounds - 19%

12. (PS4) Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - 100%

13. (PS4) Borderlands 3 - 100% ➟ 83%

14. (PS4) God of War III Remastered - 0%

15. (PS4) Race The Sun - 100%

16. (PS4) Just Cause 4 - 100%

17. (PS4) Apotheon - 0%

18. (PS4) Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - 52%

19. (PS4) Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 25%

20. (PS4) Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 9%

21. (PS4) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - 0%

22. (PS4) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst - 0%

23. (PS4) Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare - 100%

24. (PS4) Torment: Tides of Numenera - 1%

25. (PS4) Need for Speed Rivals - 51%

26. (PS4) Dragon Age: Inquisition - 25%

27. (PS4) The Outer Worlds - 0% ➟ 68%

28. (PS4) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 0% ➟ 100%

Swaps: 0/7

Drops: 0/2

EDIT: Hey all (particularly StilRh), my new account is AscendancyGaming. There's not anything going on yet, but I'll start trophy hunting again soon enough I imagine. I'll be using the new account to write any guides in the future, and I'm considering uploading youtube videos for individual trophies (which I've been thinking about doing for a while, but wanted a more apt name first). 

Edited by TropicalOctavia
Update
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, TropicalOctavia said:

Well lads, it's been a fun ride but I'm dropping out of the event. I woke up today to find that my PS4 hard drive had corrupted overnight somehow, and after trying what I could, I couldn't fix it. I happened to have a spare hard drive laying around and popped it in, so the PS4 is working fine again, but all my save data is gone. It's a shame I didn't have the auto-upload to the cloud turned on (it's sure turned on now), because I'm pretty certain I can't get anything off that corrupted drive myself. Anyway, I don't particularly feel like making my way through everything on this list, or everything I had progress in outside of this event again, so I'm thinking I'll just make a new account and start fresh (A new account strictly for trophy hunting, and I'll use my current for recreational play). Call it OCD I guess, but having unfinished items on my trophy list from games that I'm to disheartened to restart from the beginning is going to bother me. Below is my final update, and I managed to finish one game and make some progress in a couple others. Also I published a Ghost Recon Breakpoint trophy guide, so hopefully that helps a few people out. Best of luck to everyone else still in the event, and if you have PS plus I'd strongly recommend turning that cloud feature on. 

Reveal hidden contents

1.   (PS4) The American Dream - 100%

2.   (PS4) The Escapists - 100%

3.   (PS4) Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power - 100%

4.   (PS4) Trine Enchanted Edition - 17%

5.   (PS4) The Escapists: The Walking Dead - 15% ➟ 61%

6.   (PS4) The Legend of Korra - 100%

7.   (PS4) Persona 4: Dancing All Night - 100%

8.   (PS4) RiME - 100%

9.   (PS4) Star Wars Bounty Hunter - 4%

10. (PS4) Unravel - 8%

11. (PS4) Worms Battlegrounds - 19%

12. (PS4) Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - 100%

13. (PS4) Borderlands 3 - 100% ➟ 83%

14. (PS4) God of War III Remastered - 0%

15. (PS4) Race The Sun - 100%

16. (PS4) Just Cause 4 - 100%

17. (PS4) Apotheon - 0%

18. (PS4) Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - 52%

19. (PS4) Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 25%

20. (PS4) Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 9%

21. (PS4) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - 0%

22. (PS4) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst - 0%

23. (PS4) Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare - 100%

24. (PS4) Torment: Tides of Numenera - 1%

25. (PS4) Need for Speed Rivals - 51%

26. (PS4) Dragon Age: Inquisition - 25%

27. (PS4) The Outer Worlds - 0% ➟ 68%

28. (PS4) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 0% ➟ 100%

Swaps: 0/7

Drops: 0/2

I'm sorry for the loss of you HDD, it must be awful to lose that progress. I remember my old ps memory cards wiping themselves with hundreds of hours worth of saves on it and the thought of starting a fresh is pretty dire. I saw your PSN profile and it seems like you've covered a large range of games, got some good trophies and still managed a good completion rate, hope you find the drive and come back to it at some point :) Let us know your new profile so I know who to credit for the guides. Cheers.

• Like 4