Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

3 hours ago, Geridian said:

Hello folks, i also like to participate in the Fall/Winter Backlog Challenge.

This time i will start with some games i have on my profile for a long time and i really hate playing, just to give myself a challenge instead of playing mostly TT games i aquired some time ago.

Threshold

5 games

35%

Game Name

Platform

Start %

Current %

Platinum Date

100% Date

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

PS3

5%

5%

Little Deviants

PSVita

11%

11%

Final Fantasy XV

PS4

15%

15%

Dark Souls

PS3

17%

17%

PlayStation VR Worlds

PS4 (PSVR)

19%

19%

Child of Light

PS4

28%

28%

Red Dead Redemption

PS3

35%

35%

Since i start with 7 games i can add other games during the challenge.

Until later people :)

*edit* Yes, out of curiosity i also tried to publish my games in a table, but when you copy it from Excel to psnprofiles the table is deleted after you save your post. If you copy it from Excel to Word and then to psnprofiles the formating gets more ugly but the table stays in place. Crazy.

Added...and gonna make a table for mine now, too.

16 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Added...and gonna make a table for mine now, too.

Thank you for adding me. Sheet topic: I will change from the sheet topic back to a normal list tomorrow. One of the reasons is that it is not easy editable.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:49 AM, TropicalOctavia said:

Sounds fun! Count me in.

(PS4) The American Dream - 0%

(PS4) The Escapists - 0%

(PS4) Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power - 0%

(PS4) Trine Enchanted Edition - 0%

(PS4) The Escapists: The Walking Dead - 15%

I'll add more once these are completed. 

I figured I may as well add some more to the list, and work on games already over 30%-35% completion before the challenge. Here are some new additions below

(PS4) The Legend of Korra - 0%

(PS4) Persona 4: Dancing All Night - 8%

(PS4) RiME - 17%

(PS4) Star Wars Bounty Hunter - 4%

(PS4) Unravel - 8%

(PS4) Worms Battlegrounds - 19%

(PS4) Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - 0%

(PS4) Borderlands 3 - 0%

(PS4) God of War III Remastered - 0%

(PS4) Race The Sun - 0%

That brings my total up to 15 games, hopefully I can finish these and add more later because I still have plenty in my backlog. 

• Like 1

Here's my current list:

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne: 0%, Trophy list

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: 0%, Trophy list

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%, Trophy list

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below: 0%, Trophy list

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy: 4%, Trophy list

Only five games this time despite having more time to get the games done. This is because of MHW Iceborne. This will probably take at least the rest of the year to complete or maybe even longer. Can't really tell with Monster Hunter games. If it's shorter than expected and all games are over way before this event ends, I can always add more.

Ys VIII and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon are games I failed to complete during the Summe Backlog Challenge. The other three games are new entries.

Seeing how everyone seems to have a table, maybe I should make one too.

• Like 1

I've made some changes here and there but I think I'm getting close to an initial first list of 10 games. 5 games that are not on my list yet and 5 that are. No idea if I'm going to be able to finish it... but I guess there's only one way to find out! I'll be starting The Last of Us today since the servers will be offline from Sept. 1st. As soon as those online trophies are done I'll let it rest.

• The Last of Us - 0% (0/50) (PS3)
  • Steins gate - 0% (0/42) (PS3)
  • Silent Hill 2 - 0% (0/28) (PS3)
  • God of War - 0% (0/37) (PS4)
  • Plague Inc. Evolved - 0% (0/55) (PS4)
  • Hunting Simulator - 1% (1/31) (PS4)
  • Fallout 3 - 2% (3/73) (PS3)
  • God of War Ascension - 4% (3/36) (PS3)
  • Until Dawn - 14% (4/19) (PS4)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 15% (23/100) (PS4)
Edited by neospoon

On 8/13/2019 at 5:54 AM, Icedail said:

Count me in! :) 

Vita

The Wolf Among Us 1%

Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril 9%

Lego Legends of Chima 11%

The Lego Movie Videogame 16%

Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin 17%

PS4

The Raven 0%

Southpark: The Stick of Truth 1%

Lego Worlds 7%

Journey 28%

Added

I'd like to join! This is my list:

1. Judgment 0% (0/47)

2. Subnautica 0% (0/18)

3. The messenger 11% (8/43)

4. Shenmue II 15% (7/28)

5. Spyro the dragon 20% (12/37)

6. Celeste 4% (2/31)

7. Owlboy 28% (10/24)

I might add more games later, let's see how far I get with these first!

9 hours ago, Fanatixa1 said:

I'd like to join! This is my list:

1. Judgment 0% (0/47)

2. Subnautica 0% (0/18)

3. The messenger 11% (8/43)

4. Shenmue II 15% (7/28)

5. Spyro the dragon 20% (12/37)

6. Celeste 4% (2/31)

7. Owlboy 28% (10/24)

I might add more games later, let's see how far I get with these first!

Added

• Like 1

Been some time since I joined one of these since I was focusing on games that probably wouldn't qualify so now that I actually have plenty that would I'll be glad to join again.

Here's my list so far:

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Releases 10/22/19)

2. Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution

3. Omega Quintet (4%)

4. Asdivine Menace (should be releasing in NA on 9/3/19)

5. Bonds of the Skies

6. Sephirothic Stories

7. Marenian Tavern Story: Patty and the Hungry God

8. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution (Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution) (23%)

I'm sure I'll add more from the backlog later, I just am not absolutely sure what I'll be playing in a few months and I'd rather add a for sure choice than a tentative one that I may have to swap out. 

Edited by ladynadiad

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Been some time since I joined one of these since I was focusing on games that probably wouldn't qualify so now that I actually have plenty that would I'll be glad to join again.

Here's my list so far:

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Releases 10/22/19)

2. Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution

3. Omega Quintet

4. Asdivine Menace (should be releasing in NA on 9/3/19)

5. Bonds of the Skies

6. Sephirothic Stories

7. Alvastia Chronicles

8. Marenian Tavern Story: Patty and the Hungry God

I'm sure I'll add more from the backlog later, I just am not absolutely sure what I'll be playing in a few months and I'd rather add a for sure choice than a tentative one that I may have to swap out.  Everything is currently 0% except Omega Quintet.

Added. Also, if you don’t mind, add your percentage for Omega Quintet.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, Spaghetti_Grabsy said:

Here's my list:

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) - 16%

Horizon Chase Turbo (PS4) - 20%

Dark Souls: Remastered (PS4) - 5%

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) - 0%

Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - 0%

Shanky: The Vegan's Nightmare (PS4) - 5% (This is the game design equivalent of hemorrhoids. The sooner can get rid of it, the better.

Mass Effect (PS3) - 4%

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) - 0%

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4) - 0%

Jack and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4) - 0%

Guardians of the Galaxy (PS4) - 0%

Sound Shapes (PS4) - 0%

Slayaway Camp (PS4) - 0%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 0%

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3) - 0%

I've added more games so I hopefully won't get as burned out doing the same thing over and over. I reckon I can handle a few more games over 6 months.

I also updated completion.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Mission 100%: Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

Special thanks to @damon8r351 @colinmazzini and @ShadowStar83x for their parts in hosting the challenge!

Due to the number of big releases this fall, I've decided to combine the fall and winter challenges into one. Obviously I adjusted some of the rules to compensate for the extra length. The regular format will return in the spring.

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 50 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST September 1, 2019 and ending at 23:59 US EST on February 29, 2020. If you manage to complete 50 and still want to do more, contact me. Also, feel free to sign up any time after this starts!

Now, here are the details and rules. 

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 50. If you finish 50 games and want to do more, message me. You can change your games as much as you want until 23:59 EST on August 31, 2019. After the event begins, you can make up to three swaps as long as you haven't worked on it during the challenge. If you want to add more games to your list or want to continue after finishing your list, you can add games to your list up to the maximum. The objective is not to just earn the platinum as applicable, but to reach 100% trophy completion for it. DLC is included and you will have to complete any new DLC that's released during the challenge. If you don't like DLC, don't put a game with it on your list.
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. A maximum of five games can have a completion percentage of up to 35%, but the rest must be 30% or under. Unreleased games are fine as long as they're released and you buy them within the challenge's timeframe. Standalone DLC (like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) is acceptable as long as it's not part of another trophy list. If it is (Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for example), you have to also complete the other trophies. You can also do a game where 100% is unobtainable if you feel strongly about it, but you must complete all obtainable trophies. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. No cheating! Also, if you change your PSN ID, please let me know so I can update you on the list. Also contact me if I haven’t added you to the list two days after posting.

Participation list

Hide contents

TheYuriG

neospoon

Kishnabe

FlexDaBrent

Crispy_Oglop

Fnee2000

Br1ste

Liioni

Aaronzord

GraniteSnake

Thermopyle2

Lojtana

NillerKasket

Trophy_Prodigy

Spaghetti_Grabsy

Laney182

Sylaris

grifteskymfning

freddie1989

minh2t

EdgeofPortal

Thornburr

TropicalOctavia

AuroraHistoire

iXanon

JayDeLosDioses

RuneEyesDragon

Geiridan

Icedail

viech54

Fanatixa1

ladynadiad

Not to de-rail the thread (I like this thread)

But actually compared to previous years, this fall/early winter is a very dry season for games. Probably due to how insanely (and wonderfully) wet spring and summer were this year for releases. It seems that unlike is tradition, Publishers this year elected to release the bulk of their best offerings in the first 6 months of the year, instead of waiting until the fall season.

The only note worthy AAA releases coming out in Q3 and Q4 of 2019 are:

- Borderlands 3

- MediEvil (Remake)

- Outer Worlds

- Modern Warfare (Remake)

- Death Stranding

- Star Wars: Jedi Outcast

- Doom Eternal

And some blips on the radar such as:

- Grandia HD (Remaster)

- Ni No Kuni (Remaster)

- Shenmue III

- Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel III

- Code Vein

- Final Fantasy VIII (Remaster)

I might have missed a few here and there (these are off the top of my head), but compared to previous years this one is comparably shy on releases.

And since 95% of gamers don't buy (or want) every game released in a given season - this means there are probably even less games than listed above, that people are actually interested in buying this year (with very few must have titles). Compared that to some years where there are 4 or 5 game launches in this same period of time that would have featured games that would have garnered 'must have' status with the press and casual crowds.

Edited by Fragtaster

46 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

Not to de-rail the thread (I like this thread)

But actually compared to previous years, this fall/early winter is a very dry season for games. Probably due to how insanely (and wonderfully) wet spring and summer were this year for releases. It seems that unlike is tradition, Publishers this year elected to release the bulk of their best offerings in the first 6 months of the year, instead of waiting until the fall season.

The only note worthy AAA releases coming out in Q3 and Q4 of 2019 are:

- Borderlands 3

- MediEvil (Remake)

- Outer Worlds

- Modern Warfare (Remake)

- Death Stranding

- Star Wars: Jedi Outcast

- Doom Eternal

And some blips on the radar such as:

- Grandia HD (Remaster)

- Ni No Kuni (Remaster)

- Shenmue III

- Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel III

- Code Vein

- Final Fantasy VIII (Remaster)

I might have missed a few here and there (these are off the top of my head), but compared to previous years this one is comparably shy on releases.

And since 95% of gamers don't buy (or want) every game released in a given season - this means there are probably even less games than listed above, that people are actually interested in buying this year (with very few must have titles). Compared that to some years where there are 4 or 5 game launches in this same period of time that would have featured games that would have garnered 'must have' status with the press and casual crowds.

So are you joining then??

• Like 1

So, after realizing that this is my 100% profile and that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered requires beating it on Brutal, I will be switching Uncharted 2 to Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.

Marvel’s Spider-Man - 0%

Vostok Inc. - 0%

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - 0%

Red Matter - 0%

Bridge Constructor Portal - 0%

Uncharted: Lost Legacy - 0%

The Sims 4 - 0%

Destroy All Humans - 0%

Destroy All Humans 2 - 0%

Oxenfree - 0%

PS3

1) Ratchet and clank (1%)

2) Ratchet and clank: going commando (8%)

3) Ratchet and clank: up your arsenal (3%)

4) Ratchet and clank: A crack in time (0%)

5) Shadow of the colossus (6%)

PS4

1) Prey (2%)

2) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered (18%)

3) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (0%)

4) Dishonored Definitive Edition (1%) 

5) Rime (5%)

6) Far Cry Primal (8%)

7) Tacoma (3%) 

8) The Last Guardian (0%)

9) Horizon Zero Dawn (16%)

10) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (23%)

11) Rise of the Tomb Raider (34%)

12) Firewatch (0%)

13) Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (0%)

14) Infamous: Second Son (0%)

15) Infamous: First Light (0%)

Added some more titles to my list, which are mostly carried over from the summer backlog event. I won't be able to find the time to complete them anymore during this month unfortunately but it would be such a shame to leave these brilliant games uncompleted. Also added Uncharted 4 since I just picked it up and I almost can't wait to play it. 

Looking forward to the event!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

Since I can’t wait to get started on the fall challenge I already started :P I had to do the multiplayer for the last of us since servers are closing at the start of September. It’s done and at 32% Thankfully to the changes made it is eligible for this challenge!

I will probably make some more changes to the list as we get closer to starting. Also decided to switch the Puppeteer for Silent Hill 2

• Steins gate - 0% (0/42) (PS3)
  • Silent Hill 2 - 0% (0/28) (PS3)
  • Fallout 3 - 2% (3/73) (PS3)
  • God of War Ascension - 4% (3/36) (PS3)
  • The Last of Us - 32% (18/50) (PS3)

• God of War - 0% (0/37) (PS4)
  • Plague Inc. Evolved - 0% (0/55) (PS4)
  • Hunting Simulator - 1% (1/31) (PS4)
  • Until Dawn - 14% (4/19) (PS4)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 15% (23/100) (PS4)
  • Like 1

I would like to join again, if you'll have me. Since this is a double length challenge I thought I would do double the minimum number of games for the regular length (10... actually 11 as I came up with another one). Once again, all of them are on my profile with the exception of the 11th that I just thought of. Not much progress on them, I only started one game.

Sa9d2e9.pngS43f40b.pngS1be3e1.pngS727c87.pngS894b49.pngSe46327.pngSb10cef.pngS293e1b.pngS33929d.pngS84ad4e.pngSf806e7.png

• Bound By Flame [PS3] - 0%
    • Just want to thin my PS3 backlog that's from PS+.
  • Eat Them! [PS3] - 0%
    • Same as above. I know there's some grind at the end but I'm cool with that.
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta [PS3] - 0%
    • After playing GOW 1, I wanted to play more so this one's next in line. Then I'll be halfway done with the GOW games, I will have GOW2, GOW3, GOW3 (PS4 stack) and the new GOW left.
  • Heavy Rain [PS4] - 0%
    • I've been hearing good things about this game, I thought I would give it a try. Going in completely blind on my first run.
  • Mad Max [PS4] - 0%
    • Been meaning to play this for a while now but Days Gone came out which is sort of similar in some ways and I put this one off. I hope I don't get hit with the glitch and have to do another playthrough as it's quite a long game.
  • Actual Sunlight [Vita] - 0%
    • The subject of this game interests me because I can somewhat relate to it from what I heard about it. And I also didn't want to neglect my Vita.
  • Driveclub Bikes [PS4] - 18%
    • This is the only game I have progress in but I only played it till I got the online done. I have all DLC (which some belong to Driveclub). I don't think I played a bike racing game in about 15-20 years except motocross.
  • How to Survive 2 [PS4] - 0%
    • I played the first one and liked it enuff to get the second one. It's one of the longer games on my list.
  • Wanted Corp [Vita] - 0%
    • Another Vita title, I didn't want to do just Actual Sunlight and say at least I played my Vita. Plus this one looked good but some people had issues with the game. We'll see how it goes.
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2 [PS4] - 0%
    • Of all the Dragonball games I like the Xenoverse titles the best because they're not pure fighters. Played X1 not too long ago and already brought over my save from that game. Another longer game. I should have all DLCs. Also got my eye on the upcoming game Kakarot.
  • Skylanders Giants [PS3] - 0%
    • Last but not least, this one doesn't show up on my profile yet till I earn a trophy. I haven't played a Skylanders game in quite a while and I have a whole bunch of characters and most games, it's time I dusted them off. I hope my Terrafin will be as cool as he was in the first one.

Overall my list is pretty lax but I almost burned out towards the end of the Summer challenge (put in some crunching hours which I didn't even need at the end) so I thought I'd take it a bit easier this time. I could prolly finish these in about 4 months or so but I do have other games planned too that I'm not sure about going for 100% at this time. Such as:

Anthem (gonna play with my brother, who knows how long that will take or what content/trophies they'll add)

Rise of The Tomb Raider (I didn't want to depend on finding a good/reliable partner for co-op and if I can't find one I might not even go for 100%)

DriveClub (it has a lot of content and I might not even finish it before the servers shut down let alone by the end of this challenge, I will get the online and plat out of the way however).

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Rise of The Tomb Raider (I didn't want to depend on finding a good/reliable partner for co-op and if I can't find one I might not even go for 100%)

Well, I've been having the same issue with finding a good/reliable partner for co-op. I've already made too much progress to add it to my list for the fall/winter challenge, but if you want to get that stuff done let me know! Only issue might be time difference but if you are interested we can probably figure some time out that works for both of us

I've noticed I put quite a couple games on my list that require multiple playthroughs.

• The Last of Us
  • Silent Hill
  • Until Dawn
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider. 

I'm not using any glitches for TLOU as I like the game too much to skip any playthroughs. Same goes for Silent Hill 2 which requires a minimal of 6 playthroughs and maybe even more to get the 10 star run done. Until Dawn is short enough and probably the easiest one. Shadow of the Tomb Raider requires at least 2 playthroughs and I've heard some bad things about that Deadly Obsession difficulty.

The other games I believe can all be done in one playthrough with cleanup afterwards. This should be fun :)

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1