Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Time for another update as I push forward for the last stretch of my games to complete - this time with Platinum 130 - MediEvil.

1. :platinum: Control :platinum:
  2. :platinum: Wolfenstein Youngblood :platinum:
  3. :platinum: Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan :platinum:
  4. :platinum: Yakuza 3 Remaster :platinum:
  5. :platinum: Borderlands 3 :platinum:
  6. :platinum: MediEvil :platinum:
  7. Tacoma
  8. :platinum: The Outer Worlds :platinum:
  9. :platinum: Yakuza 4 Remaster :platinum:
  10. :platinum: Death Stranding :platinum:
  11. :platinum: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order :platinum:

I have massively fond memories of MediEvil back when it originally got released, so it was a huge deal for me to replay the remaster of the same game. What I got was a really good looking remaster with the same tone as the original, but some pretty clunky bugs and performance issues. I'm still really happy to have played it and taken a nostalgia trip with it. If you are going to give it a try - get ready for some frustration with some of the water based levels.

Edit: @MidnightDragon - I did a very very last minute switch out - removing Concrete Genie as it's gone back up in price and I lost my chance to get it in a sale. I've switched it out for Tacoma instead.

No worries. :) 

Taking a small break from my game list to play Disney's Aladdin/TLK. I could just do it the easy way, but I'd like to do at least most of it without cheats. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

My last update in the challenge and before we roll into a brand new decade :) Platinum 131 - 'Tacoma' marking the end of my listed games and my participation in the challenge. This has been my first ever PSNP challenge and i'm so glad I jumped into it back in September. Thanks so much for putting this challenge together @MidnightDragon, it was an absolute blast. Do you think you'll do another one for the first few months of 2020?

Thanks to everyone who posted their updates, i'll be honest, I had a bit of fatigue about halfway through but your updates motivated me to get my ass into gear. Good luck to everyone finishing up and i'll be rooting for you. Maybe I'll see you in the next challenge

You could always add more to your list. :) That being said, the signups for spring will start at the beginning of February. The rules won't be quite as flexible since this challenge was twice as long, but still hope to see you join.

32 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

1.  Final Fantasy VIII :platinum: 09/28/2019

2.  Graveyard Keeper - 0%

3.  Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - 0% -> Vampyr - 0%

4.  The Sims 4 - :platinum: 10/21/2019

5.  Revenant Saga - :platinum: 12/18/2019

6.  Persona 5 - :platinum: 12/05/2019

7.  Death end Re;Quest - :platinum: 12/28/2019

8.  Detroit: Become Human - :platinum: 12/10/2019

9.  God of War - :platinum: 11/23/2019

10. Slime Rancher - 0%

11.  What Remains of Edith Finch 1f4af.png 09/29/2019

12.  Grand Kingdom - :platinum: 09/25/2019

13.  Cat Quest II - :platinum: 11/09/2019

Swaps used: 5/5

Drops used: 0/2

Finished Death end re;Quest this evening, I feel like I've seen people talk so positively about this game but I was abit disappointed with it.  The story was OK but I found it really slow going to get started, half of the characters were re-skins of Mary Skelter characters which made me just wish that the sequel was released on PS4 (stupid censorship)  The dungeons were incredibly annoying and frustrating to navigate around at times, especially during chapter 6.  I did enjoy the battle system though, even if it was a touch gimmicky.  The Pain area was horrible and tedious, took me a while to slog through that this afternoon - reminded me a touch of the training floors on Omega Quintet, I swear even one of the enemies looked like the Arcadian Brute -_-  I also disliked how you had to beat the final boss 7 different times for the endings.  The platinum image is pretty though.

Using my last swap to change Yomawari: Midnight Shadows in favor of playing Vampyr instead, as I've been thinking about playing this for a while now.

Hey, we're both doing Slime Rancher! :D 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 4

On 12/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Whyfire said:

1. Child of Light  Root Letter: Last Answer - 0%
  2. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir  Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden - 0%

Swaps 4/5

Drops 0/2

I just wanted to swap 2 games from my list. This might be my last update since i'm not so sure if i'll manage to get any new platinums till the end of the year :hmm:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

You could always add more to your list. :) That being said, the signups for spring will start at the beginning of February. The rules won't be quite as flexible since this challenge was twice as long, but still hope to see you join.

I was honestly tempted to add more, but I decided to make a dent in some of my DLC backlog instead. Looking forward to February!