Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

7 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I was super tempted to give The Surge a try, especially now the sequel is out. I might give it a go in February, i love the idea of augmented body parts and the Souls like gameplay is really appealing. Would you recommend it?

I'm in the same boat as you, I got both of them and haven't touched them. Sigh

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I was super tempted to give The Surge a try, especially now the sequel is out. I might give it a go in February, i love the idea of augmented body parts and the Souls like gameplay is really appealing. Would you recommend it?

It is really good fun and visually really good etc. I have never played the Souls series so the gameplay for me is a nightmare to get used to. Every new enemy I encounter just kicks my arse all over the shop and I find it infuriating.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

It is really good fun and visually really good etc. I have never played the Souls series so the gameplay for me is a nightmare to get used to. Every new enemy I encounter just kicks my arse all over the shop and I find it infuriating.

That's how I felt with Code Vein. I ran into the fray with my sword and died instantly lol. Getting that plat has given me the liquid courage to take on Surge/ Surge 2 and the other Soulslike games, eventually getting me confident enough to take on the Souls series.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I'm in the same boat as you, I got both of them and haven't touched them. Sigh

22 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

That's how I felt with Code Vein. I ran into the fray with my sword and died instantly lol. Getting that plat has given me the liquid courage to take on Surge/ Surge 2 and the other Soulslike games, eventually getting me confident enough to take on the Souls series.

I almost bought the second one pre-emptively like you too :) but the latest DLC that popped up really recently held me back, I might wait for an all-in-one package once they have released what they need to.

Code Vein is another one i'm interested in, so many games, so little time. When i was a kid, I had no money but I had time. Now i'm an adult it's the other way around.

31 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I get you on that front, I have this love/hate relationship with Souls type gameplay loops. When it works, it's some of the most fulfilling stuff i've done in a video-game, but when it doesn't it's infuriating.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I almost bought the second one pre-emptively like you too :) but the latest DLC that popped up really recently held me back, I might wait for an all-in-one package once they have released what they need to.

yeah it was an impulse buy for sure, but it was right after i finished code vein so I convinced myself I needed it lol. Not sure when I'm going to fit them in though, still got 2 titles left on my backlog challenge, and I was hoping to play BL3 and Ryza before the FFVII Remake and P5R

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

I'm not part of this event (date is way past the point now), but I totally love this idea. I hope once it's over you consider maybe doing it again. I'm rooting for all of you! :)

Thanks @SanctifiedSword - I think there is another one happening in February. It's really fun and has brought a tonne of focus to my gaming hobby. Well worth joining, might see you in the next one :) 

• Like 2