Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

So with @MidnightDragon announcing signups for the next challenge will be 1st Feb the big question is does anyone have anything huge planned for it?

For me I am going to be mixing the games from the ABC challenge in with some others that I couldn't fit on that I want to play. Probably start the grinds on big ones like The Witcher as well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

So with @MidnightDragon announcing signups for the next challenge will be 1st Feb the big question is does anyone have anything huge planned for it?

For me I am going to be mixing the games from the ABC challenge in with some others that I couldn't fit on that I want to play. Probably start the grinds on big ones like The Witcher as well.

I'm putting together a smaller list. I'll bring over a few from this event that I won't finish and still really want to do. I'll also add some harder ones like Jotun and one or two others that I'm yet to decide. Maybe Volgarr the Viking of Crash Bandicoot (not technically hard, but I suck at platformers and time trials).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I‘ve planning to do the Uncharted collection from PS+ and whatever is free next month (whatever that might be) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

I'm putting together a smaller list. I'll bring over a few from this event that I won't finish and still really want to do. I'll also add some harder ones like Jotun and one or two others that I'm yet to decide. Maybe Volgarr the Viking of Crash Bandicoot (not technically hard, but I suck at platformers and time trials).

Yeah I think I may end up carrying some across, that said most of the ones I started are now too high % to bring with me.

1 hour ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

I‘ve planning to do the Uncharted collection from PS+ and whatever is free next month (whatever that might be) 

Sounds good pal, I got the plats on PS3 so I have given them a miss myself. Goat Simulator I wouldn't play if you paid me LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Hmm....I'm not sure. I have the ABC event to work on, so maybe a handful of games from there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

All the games I could do in my backlog are super long JRPGS (Tales games, Persona, Star Ocean) that I bought but haven't even started yet. Most specifically, Star Ocean 4 is something I want to grab the platinum for as a super grindy challenge but I've held off on it cause I'm doing a 100% profile challenge for the completion % event and I don't know if I can finish S04 by the end of the year unless I just play it solely for months lol. 

But since I'm going for 100% profile anyway, that means I'll HAVE to wrap up Skyrim, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness and Diablo 3 at some point. I might pitch in the entire Dark Souls series into the Spring Backlog challenge since I'm going through the SoulsBorne type games right now. Got Sekiro platted... will be starting Bloodborne this weekend, so why not challenge myself to clear the log of Dark souls 1, 2 and 3 once the spring event starts? Would be nice motivation. I think, to get these done on time! 

I'm not part of the fall event but I've been lurking so excuse my interruption. ;__;

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SanctifiedSword said:

All the games I could do in my backlog are super long JRPGS (Tales games, Persona, Star Ocean) that I bought but haven't even started yet. Most specifically, Star Ocean 4 is something I want to grab the platinum for as a super grindy challenge but I've held off on it cause I'm doing a 100% profile challenge for the completion % event and I don't know if I can finish S04 by the end of the year unless I just play it solely for months lol. 

But since I'm going for 100% profile anyway, that means I'll HAVE to wrap up Skyrim, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness and Diablo 3 at some point. I might pitch in the entire Dark Souls series into the Spring Backlog challenge since I'm going through the SoulsBorne type games right now. Got Sekiro platted... will be starting Bloodborne this weekend, so why not challenge myself to clear the log of Dark souls 1, 2 and 3 once the spring event starts? Would be nice motivation. I think, to get these done on time! 

I'm not part of the fall event but I've been lurking so excuse my interruption. ;__;

HAHA interruption much appreciated, conversation is what we want!!

Certainly sounds like a challenge you have given yourself, best of luck. Good to see new people in the next one.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 3:01 AM, freddie1989 said:

Gonna make a smaller list...but will wait until late February to post what exactly since I want to see how much I get done between now and then. Still working on Dragon Age Origins. Will just start with five and go from there. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

The 10th anniversary of my first platinum (Assassin's Creed II) will happen during the event. I'll aim to platinum the PS4 version on that same day, 10 years later. I'll probably start it on the same day I started it way back then as well, think it'd be pretty cool.

I was also thinking I could trophy whore my way to 199 platinum's and have it be my 200th platinum so they'd both be in my milestones, but I still want to make Metal Gear Solid 2 #200 (The only MGS I've left to finish excluding stacks) so I think I'll pass.. :ninja:

Sounds like you have a pivotal decision to make pal....

• Like 3

Not really an official update just wanted to put this up to cause while I finally got the remind dlc for kh3 the wait time is gonna take forever and so I wanted to get to some ps3 games since it’s been a while and I feel like I’ve been neglecting the poor system. So I’m adding the Oddworld games to my list.

22: Odd World new n’ tasty 

23: Oddworld Munch’s Odyssey 

24: Oddworld a strangers wrath 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

A little surprise: I've opened the spring signups a little early!

You sir are awesome! I was worrying  I will miss the start on 1st of Feb since I am away for one whole week but like this, I guess I can sign up today. Will move some of my removed games from fall/winter challenge to Summer :D 

• Like 1