Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

9 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Rise of The Tomb Raider (I didn't want to depend on finding a good/reliable partner for co-op and if I can't find one I might not even go for 100%)

I was also thinking about putting this game on my list (since it's currently sitting at 34% so the special rules of this event provide a unique oppurtunity for me to add it) but I'm a bit hesitant to do it as well due to the co-op trophies. If you're interested in working on them together some time then I'm all up for it!

@neospoon We could also help eachother out with them if you want! Timezone shouldn't be a problem for us seeing as you're from NL :) 

• Like 1

Sure thing man hit me up on PSN and we can start it somewhere during the challenge. I don't mind it not counting towards it for me, I just want to try and get it done :) I'll be sure to install it back on my system. I lost my save for the game when my previous PS4 decided to quit working, but I don't think that matters for the Co-op and it's challenges.

• Like 1

@neospoon @Flex_Da_Brent Thank you both for the offer, but yeah the time difference might be tricky. In that regard it does look like you're better suited for each other. I haven't started on the game yet (and still have the comics to read before), but when I do and you too are still looking I'll take it under consideration.

12 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I would like to join again, if you'll have me. Since this is a double length challenge I thought I would do double the minimum number of games for the regular length (10... actually 11 as I came up with another one). Once again, all of them are on my profile with the exception of the 11th that I just thought of. Not much progress on them, I only started one game.

Sa9d2e9.pngS43f40b.pngS1be3e1.pngS727c87.pngS894b49.pngSe46327.pngSb10cef.pngS293e1b.pngS33929d.pngS84ad4e.pngSf806e7.png

• Bound By Flame [PS3] - 0%
    • Just want to thin my PS3 backlog that's from PS+.
  • Eat Them! [PS3] - 0%
    • Same as above. I know there's some grind at the end but I'm cool with that.
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta [PS3] - 0%
    • After playing GOW 1, I wanted to play more so this one's next in line. Then I'll be halfway done with the GOW games, I will have GOW2, GOW3, GOW3 (PS4 stack) and the new GOW left.
  • Heavy Rain [PS4] - 0%
    • I've been hearing good things about this game, I thought I would give it a try. Going in completely blind on my first run.
  • Mad Max [PS4] - 0%
    • Been meaning to play this for a while now but Days Gone came out which is sort of similar in some ways and I put this one off. I hope I don't get hit with the glitch and have to do another playthrough as it's quite a long game.
  • Actual Sunlight [Vita] - 0%
    • The subject of this game interests me because I can somewhat relate to it from what I heard about it. And I also didn't want to neglect my Vita.
  • Driveclub Bikes [PS4] - 18%
    • This is the only game I have progress in but I only played it till I got the online done. I have all DLC (which some belong to Driveclub). I don't think I played a bike racing game in about 15-20 years except motocross.
  • How to Survive 2 [PS4] - 0%
    • I played the first one and liked it enuff to get the second one. It's one of the longer games on my list.
  • Wanted Corp [Vita] - 0%
    • Another Vita title, I didn't want to do just Actual Sunlight and say at least I played my Vita. Plus this one looked good but some people had issues with the game. We'll see how it goes.
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2 [PS4] - 0%
    • Of all the Dragonball games I like the Xenoverse titles the best because they're not pure fighters. Played X1 not too long ago and already brought over my save from that game. Another longer game. I should have all DLCs. Also got my eye on the upcoming game Kakarot.
  • Skylanders Giants [PS3] - 0%
    • Last but not least, this one doesn't show up on my profile yet till I earn a trophy. I haven't played a Skylanders game in quite a while and I have a whole bunch of characters and most games, it's time I dusted them off. I hope my Terrafin will be as cool as he was in the first one.

Overall my list is pretty lax but I almost burned out towards the end of the Summer challenge (put in some crunching hours which I didn't even need at the end) so I thought I'd take it a bit easier this time. I could prolly finish these in about 4 months or so but I do have other games planned too that I'm not sure about going for 100% at this time. Such as:

Anthem (gonna play with my brother, who knows how long that will take or what content/trophies they'll add)

Rise of The Tomb Raider (I didn't want to depend on finding a good/reliable partner for co-op and if I can't find one I might not even go for 100%)

DriveClub (it has a lot of content and I might not even finish it before the servers shut down let alone by the end of this challenge, I will get the online and plat out of the way however).

Added.

Sign me up. I have a few games in my backlog that I either started and never finished, or just plain out haven't touched. 

1. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End (0%) PS4

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (18%) PS4

3. Destroy All Humans! 2 (4%) PS4

4. Kingdom Hearts 3 (0%) PS4

5. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (27%) PS3

6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (October 25th, 2019) PS4

On 8/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, Deelwheels said:

Sign me up. I have a few games in my backlog that I either started and never finished, or just plain out haven't touched. 

1. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End (0%) PS4

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (18%) PS4

3. Destroy All Humans! 2 (4%) PS4

4. Kingdom Hearts 3 (0%) PS4

5. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (27%) PS3

6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (October 25th, 2019) PS4

Added.

Edited by MidnightDragon

I keep finding games on my list that spark interest, so here is another revised list. I kind of don't want to add more games, I just want the perfect list to start with. Also I think I might remove most of the 0% games since I don't really count those as being in my backlog. Backlog for me are the games that are already on my list with whatever %. Even though I would really like to start playing some of my games I never played before. I kind of need a challenge for games that are above 50% too. Or maybe I just need to stop buying games and actually finish some stuff. So I think these are going to be my first 10 games to work on. 

• Silent Hill 2 - 0% (0/28) (PS3) Puppeteer 0% (0/63) (PS3)
  • Fallout 3 - 2% (3/73) (PS3)
  • Metro: Last Light - 4% (4/71)(PS3)  Steins gate - 0% (0/42) (PS3)
  • God of War Ascension - 4% (3/36) (PS3)
  • The Last of Us - 32% (18/50) (PS3)
  • God of War - 0% (0/37) (PS4)
  • Plague Inc. Evolved - 0% (0/55) (PS4)
  • Hunting Simulator - 1% (1/31) (PS4)
  • Until Dawn - 14% (4/19) (PS4)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 15% (23/100) (PS4)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, neospoon said:

Or maybe I just need to stop buying games and actually finish some stuff.

I hear you buddy, I'm quite staggered and horrified by the list of games that I have which haven't even seen a boot screen.. ?

..and yet the temptation is still there to buy more!!

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, neospoon said:

Or maybe I just need to stop buying games and actually finish some stuff.

Exactly my problem as well ^^ Just now picked up Adr1ft, Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons, Firewatch, Infamous First Light and Carsh Bandicoot N. sane trilogy even though I have at least 10 other games that I've never even played yet.

Those damn sales...

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iXanon said:

I hear you buddy, I'm quite staggered and horrified by the list of games that I have which haven't even seen a boot screen.. 1f628.png

..and yet the temptation is still there to by more!!

Thankfully I'm not the only one with these problems xD.

57 minutes ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Exactly my problem as well ^^ Just now picked up Adr1ft, Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons, Firewatch, Infamous First Light and Carsh Bandicoot N. sane trilogy even though I have at least 10 other games that I've never even played yet.

Those damn sales...

I just bought 3 games I didn't need. Borderlands GOTY, Hydrophobia and Killer is Dead. I think I bought more games for PS3 this year than for PS4 so far. And I haven't even played the ones I bought for PS4 yet. In fact

God of War, Metro Exodus and Days Gone are stil factory sealed xD

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1

yeah sure, I'll join, been out of the trophy hunting game for a while now and wanna get rid of some of my backlog.  

The Assassins creed games from revelations onwards.  

Borderlands 2  
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel  

Marvel: Spider-Man  

FIFA 19  

FIFA 18  (if i can get hold of a copy again) 

South Park: The Stick of Truth  

South Park: The Fractured but Whole  

RDR 2

Sound Shapes  

Battlefield V  

Destiny 2   

Uncharted: Nathan Drake collection (all 3 games)  

COD WW2

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 2:09 PM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

@MidnightDragon  Sign me up!  

Unmechanical Extended 19%

Tales from the Borderlands 32%

Fez 23%

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek 0%

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride 0%

On 8/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, PrestigeJackHD said:

yeah sure, I'll join, been out of the trophy hunting game for a while now and wanna get rid of some of my backlog.  

The Assassins creed games from revelations onwards.  

Borderlands 2  
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel  

Marvel: Spider-Man  

FIFA 19  

FIFA 18  (if i can get hold of a copy again) 

South Park: The Stick of Truth  

South Park: The Fractured but Whole  

RDR 2

Sound Shapes  

Battlefield V  

Destiny 2   

Uncharted: Nathan Drake collection (all 3 games)  

COD WW2

Sorry, busy weekend. Added.

• Like 1

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Releases 10/22/19) (0 out of probably 53 trophies)

2. 英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 Evolution (Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution) (0 out of 57 trophies)

3. Omega Quintet (10%) (7 out of 55 trophies)

4. Asdivine Menace (should be releasing in NA on 9/3/19) (0 out of 16 trophies)

5. Bonds of the Skies (0 out of 24 trophies)

6. Sephirothic Stories (0 out of 30 trophies)

7. Marenian Tavern Story: Patty and the Hungry God (0 out of 50 trophies)

8. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution (Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution) (23%) (16 out of 49 trophies)

9. Murdered: Soul Suspect (0 out of 49 trophies)

360 total trophies to earn

Updated my list a bit because I ended up starting and finishing Alvastia Chronicles before this and realized that Zero no Kiseki probably won't go over 35% before this so it's eligible after all.  Added Murdered: Soul Suspect since I grabbed that on sale for $2.  Will probably add more as the event goes on, I just don't know what else of my stash of unstarted games that I'll be playing.  Added in current trophy counts, estimating CS3 based off the Japanese trophy list since the NA one likely will just be a translated version of that.

Also going to need to soon pick what I want my 100th platinum to be since I'm at 91 plats now and probably will have 92 before this or very soon after it starts.  Trails of Cold Steel 3 would be a good pick, but it's release is still about two months away and the Japanese version was my 40th plat.  Probably will end up going with Ao or Zero no Kiseki for that even though it will break my recent pattern to go with another Japanese title, but Falcom games are the most deserving of milestones in my opinion because they are my favorite dev.

Sign me up please, the games I have listed below are the games I will do. Side note: I wanted to add Doom 2016 to the list as I am currently working on that but I already have the plat and some DLC trophies.

• Far Cry 5 (26%)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (20%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity (19%)
  • Splatterhouse (18%)
  • Inside (10%)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS4 (9%)
  • Beyond: Two Souls PS4 (9%)
  • Journey (4%)
  • Red Faction (1%)
  • God of War III Remastered (1%)
  • Doom: Eternal (0%) I have pre-ordered this.

Going to be adding a few games to my list to try and get done for this challenge. Super excited to get started with everyone.

My final list as it stands now will be...

1). Sypro 2: Ripto's Rage! - 7% 4/30
2). Ratchet and Clank (PS3) - 17% 6/35
3). Mafia III - 35% 33/86
4). The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - Complete Edition - 20% 18/79
5). Titanfall 2 - 20% 13/51

6). Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - 8% 9/59
7). Minecraft - 22% 40/111

8). Batman: Arkham Asylum - 35% 20/48

I wanted to add a horror game for October and have been meaning to get to Resident Evil 7 so this is a perfect opportunity to get that done and I have casually been playing Minecraft with a bunch of friends when we just want to relax and it hasn't hit the threshold yet so I'll hopefully be able to finish this one off during the challenge as well. As for Batman it's one of my favorite games of all time and I want to get the series done on my PSN profile since I never did on my Xbox account back in the day. All total if I finish everything up I'm looking at gaining 356 trophies out of my 1,453 unearned(currently), so that'll be a fair percentage of my backlog done!

On 8/25/2019 at 0:51 PM, quagstergangste said:

Sign me up please, the games I have listed below are the games I will do. Side note: I wanted to add Doom 2016 to the list as I am currently working on that but I already have the plat and some DLC trophies.

• Far Cry 5 (26%)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (20%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity (19%)
  • Splatterhouse (18%)
  • Inside (10%)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS4 (9%)
  • Beyond: Two Souls PS4 (9%)
  • Journey (4%)
  • Red Faction (1%)
  • God of War III Remastered (1%)
  • Doom: Eternal (0%) I have pre-ordered this.

4 hours ago, Thornburrr said:

Going to be adding a few games to my list to try and get done for this challenge. Super excited to get started with everyone.

My final list as it stands now will be...

1). Sypro 2: Ripto's Rage! - 7% 4/30
2). Ratchet and Clank (PS3) - 17% 6/35
3). Mafia III - 35% 33/86
4). The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - Complete Edition - 20% 18/79
5). Titanfall 2 - 20% 13/51

6). Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - 8% 9/59
7). Minecraft - 22% 40/111

8). Batman: Arkham Asylum - 35% 20/48

I wanted to add a horror game for October and have been meaning to get to Resident Evil 7 so this is a perfect opportunity to get that done and I have casually been playing Minecraft with a bunch of friends when we just want to relax and it hasn't hit the threshold yet so I'll hopefully be able to finish this one off during the challenge as well. As for Batman it's one of my favorite games of all time and I want to get the series done on my PSN profile since I never did on my Xbox account back in the day. All total if I finish everything up I'm looking at gaining 356 trophies out of my 1,453 unearned(currently), so that'll be a fair percentage of my backlog done!

Added. I’ll be adding my own list by Friday or Saturday. Yeah, waiting until the last minute. xD 

Edited by MidnightDragon

I'll join, always look at these things but never actually find time to add my name, but that changes now.  

Games to start off with but will add to: 

Control 

Man of Medan 

Medievil 

Jedi Fallen Order 

AI The Somnium files 

Catherine Full Body 

Concerte Genie 

Lego Marvel Avengers 

Lego City Undercover 

• Like 1

I have finalized my list for the event. I went a little crazy (50 games!) but have a lot of quick and easy games I need to get done on there. I will update a little different this time, due to the size of the list. I will put the list in the spoiler section, to shorten the post. I do fully intend to complete this list. Even though there are some lengthy games to go with the easy ones.

Original Post with my List Here

Best of luck to everyone come September 1st. We have a long 6 months of gaming ahead of us ?

Spoiler

Game

Sys.

Start %

Current %

Comp. Date

Wheel of Fortune 2009 Edition

PS3

33%

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

PS3

32%

Dead Island Riptide

PS3

31%

Bentley's Hackpack

PS3

28%

Squareboy Vs. Bullies NA

PSV

28%

The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

PS4

25%

Beyond : Two Souls

PS3

24%

Eat Lead

PS3

17%

Saints Row The Third

PS3

15%

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

PS3

15%

South Park : The Stick of Truth

PS3

12%

Assassin's Creed III Liberation

PSV

12%

Sleeping Dogs

PS3

8%

LEGO The Hobbit

PS4

8%

Far Cry 3

PS3

7%

Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor GOTY

PS4

6%

The Grand Tour Game

PS4

6%

LEGO Batman 2 : DC Super Heroes

PS3

4%

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

PS3

2%

LEGO Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham

PS4

1%

Borderlands 3

PS4

0%

The Outer Worlds

PS4

0%

Xblaze : Lost Memories

PS3

0%

Xblaze : Code Embryo NA

PS3

0%

Persona 3 : Dancing in Moonlight

PSV

0%

Persona 5 : Dancing in Starlight

PSV

0%

Bibi & Tina Adventures with Horses NA

PS4

0%

Black Mirror

PS4

0%

Bridge Constructor

PS4

0%

Chaos on Deponia

PS4

0%

Dark Arcana : The Carnival

PS4

0%

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

PS4

0%

Erica

PS4

0%

Everybody's Gone to Rapture

PS4

0%

Fe

PS4

0%

Full Throttle Remastered

PS4

0%

Knee Deep

PS4

0%

Oxenfree

PS4

0%

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

PS4

0%

Reverie NA

PS4

0%

Seasons After Fall

PS4

0%

The Liar and the Blind Prince NA

PS4

0%

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

PS4

0%

The Wardrobe

PS4

0%

Through the Woods NA

PS4

0%

Vane

PS4

0%

Wailing Heights

PS4

0%

Waking Violet

PS4

0%

What Remains of Edith Finch NA

PS4

0%

Whispering Willows

PS4

0%

Edited by Fnee2000
Totally forgot about the spoiler section ability...
  • Like 1

Damn @Fnee2000 is that your whole backlog? You are definitely challenging yourself. I only picked 10 games to start with and I'm not even sure if I can finish all of those. I do have a small backup list ready, just in case I do finish early.

I'm really looking forward to everyone's updates. Has everyone picked the first game they are starting on already? 

Mine is going to be The Last of Us on PS3. I will play something else in between just to make sure that the platinum for TLOU is gonna be trophy #10000 as well :) 

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1

As they say, there is a first time for everything :D. Looks like I'm in for a challenge! Currently, I'm in the process of "boosting marathon" where I'm basically boosting every game that I can, so I can get rid of online trophies on PS3 from my backlog, but I can't just boost over and over without my sanity suffering. So I've decided that in between boosting sessions, I will work on my backlog - mostly platinums doable under 30 hours that are easy/moderate since most of my time is consumed by boosting Far Cry 2 and Binary Domain at the moment. Here's my list:

1. Grid 2 24% 100%;
  2. Sniper Ghost Warrior 27% 100%;
  3. Bioshock 2 27% (15/69);
  4. X-Men Origins: Wolverine 24% 85% - One playthrough on Hard + clean-up left for the platinum (46/51);
  5. Lollipop Chainsaw 1% 100%;
  6. Resistance 3 3% 91% - One playthrough on Superhuman left for the platinum (57/59);
  7. Tomb Raider Anniversary 2% (2/42);
  8. Tomb Raider Underworld 0% (0/33);
  9. Trine 1% 88% - One playthrough on Very Hard left for the platinum (30/33);
  10. Trine 2 0% 100%;
  11. Bioshock 0% (0/66);
  12. Jak & Daxter 0% 100%;
  13. Ratchet & Clank 2 0% 57% 100%;
  14. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus 1% 100%;

15. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 0% 6% 15% 87% 100%;

16. Murdered: Souls Suspect 0% 100%

17. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham 2% 19% 100%;

18. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger 9% 100%;

19. Dead Nation 31% 75% 92% 100%

20. Jak 2 0% 100%;

21. Jak 3 0% 100%;

22. Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 26% 90% - One playthrough on Hard left for the platinum (46/49);

23. Resogun 35% 100%;

1 swap used: AC3 > Lollipop Chainsaw.

Edited by HaserPL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, neospoon said:

I'm really looking forward to everyone's updates. Has everyone picked the first game they are starting on already? 

Mine is going to be The Last of Us on PS3. I will play something else in between just to make sure that the platinum for TLOU is gonna be trophy #10000 as well :) 

I will be going back to Watch Dogs I reckon along with Far Cry 5. Hopefully be done with the dreaded Battlefield 4 assignments that have eaten up my gaming time over the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1