Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

2 hours ago, neospoon said:

I'm really looking forward to everyone's updates. Has everyone picked the first game they are starting on already? 

My first new one will likely be Asdivine Menace as long as it comes out on the 3rd like I'm expecting.  Otherwise I'll be working on Omega Quintet and Zero no Kiseki which were started before this event.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neospoon said:

Has everyone picked the first game they are starting on already?

I'm probably going to start out with the first R&C to warm things up a bit, might do the other ones right off the bat as well not sure about that yet. I've also added even more games to my list just now, most of them are pretty quick ones though that I've just recently picked up from the store.

Link to my list:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iXanon said:

From my list, probably Heavy Rain (PS3).

First 2 trophies won in 2015, and just 6 more in 2017.. The remaining 49 trophies in 2019! ?

Lol, that's my first game too, but PS4. I've been a naughty boy and got a little bit of head start but still at a low %.

In the first five minutes something funny happened (glitch) and I almost fell out of my chair. I might post it later.

• Like 3

Last time I’m updating my list. I’m adding one more game from the start which is Rocksmith 2014. I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to get that done, I just want to improve the percentage on it.

• Silent Hill 2 - 0% (0/28) (PS3) Puppeteer 0% (0/63) (PS3)
  • Fallout 3 - 2% (3/73) (PS3)
  • Metro: Last Light - 4% (4/71)(PS3)  Steins gate - 0% (0/42) (PS3)
  • God of War Ascension - 4% (3/36) (PS3)
  • The Last of Us - 32% (18/50) (PS3)
  • God of War - 0% (0/37) (PS4)
  • Plague Inc. Evolved - 0% (0/55) (PS4)
  • Hunting Simulator - 1% (1/31) (PS4)
  • Until Dawn - 14% (4/19) (PS4)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 15% (23/100) (PS4)
  • Rocksmith 2014 - 22% (15/48) (PS4)

Good luck to everyone starting this weekend!

• Like 1

Finally decided to join.  Want to see how much I will be able to complete during this challenge.  I should be able to complete them in time as long as my job doesn't go crazy with overtime.  So here is the list in no certain order.

A Plague Tale: Innocence                              0%            0/36            PS4

Sleeping Dogs                                               7%            7/60            PS4

Hunting Simulator                                        16%            8/31            PS4

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim                           7%            7/76            PS4

Assassin's Creed Odyssey                          15%          18/94            PS4

LEGO Jurassic World                                  28%          19/50            PS4

Detroit: Become Human                              11%            8/49            PS4

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter                      0%            0/14            PS4

Assassin's Creed Syndicate                          7%           6/57            PS4

Medal Of Honor Frontline                            17%          12/46           PS3

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars          12%           8/49            PS3

Flower                                                          33%           7/14            PS3

Beyond Good & Evil HD                                4%           1/12            PS3

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West                    6%            5/59           PS3

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP                     35%          21/39           Vita

If I finish all of these to 100% that will be 559 trophies completed.  That will only be a small dent in the amount of unearned trophies that I have.

There are others I would like to add but this will be enough for now.  Getting 100% on Skyrim and AC Odyssey will be a big enough challenge.  My first game though will be A Plague Tale: Innocence.  I'm really interested in that one.

Edited by MadMardigan_88
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, neospoon said:

Has everyone picked the first game they are starting on already?

I can't say what game will be first exactly, but I think I will be trying to complete the 7 games that have W in their title first. I have to get as many of those easy to complete games done before Borderlands 3 comes out on Sept. 13.

Speaking of, if anyone else is getting Borderlands 3 on launch date and is looking for a co-op partner, I would be open to joining up. The game is much more fun with other people.

Thanks for hosting as always! And thanks for having 5 games up to 35%, I have so many in the 30+ % zone that I can't bring along to these challenges so it'll be nice to get a few out the way :) Only 25 games for now, I'm sure I'll add as I go along. I will be getting Control today and likely getting Man of Midan a few days before the challenge launches as well. If I go over 30/35% I'll swap them on when the challenge starts.

**PS4**

2064 Read only memories 0%
Age of Wonders: Planetfall 20%
Amnesia 1%
Catherine Full Body 0%
Control 0%
Dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin 31%
Greedfall 0%
Legend of Heroes: trails of cold steel 15%
Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney Trilogy 11%
Project diva x 32%
Resonance of fate 21%
Robinson: The Journey 10%
Shantae and the pirates curse 25%
Space hulk deathwing 28%
The man of midan 0%
The Silver Case 0%
Thronebreaker 4%
Utawarerumono: Mask of truth 35%

**Vita**

Criminal girls 1%
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc 31%
Muv Luv 26%
Persona 4 golden 27%
Project diva f 2nd 15%
Seran Kagura Bon Appetit! 34%
Tokyo xanadu 20%

1 hour ago, Fnee2000 said:

I can't say what game will be first exactly, but I think I will be trying to complete the 7 games that have W in their title first. I have to get as many of those easy to complete games done before Borderlands 3 comes out on Sept. 13.

Speaking of, if anyone else is getting Borderlands 3 on launch date and is looking for a co-op partner, I would be open to joining up. The game is much more fun with other people.

I´m still looking for a coop partner for BL3.

Timezones could be a problem though :(

But I´m on vacation on release day and the week afterwards, so we could probably get quite far into the game :D

I've added 2 more games to my list.. As if it wasn't a challenge for me already ?

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time : 15%

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) : 7%

21 hours ago, HaserPL said:
  1. Grid 2;

How I'd love to play that game, but the DLC is delisted and there's no physical release with it included.. ?

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

I´m still looking for a coop partner for BL3.

Timezones could be a problem though :(

But I´m on vacation on release day and the week afterwards, so we could probably get quite far into the game :D

Well, if my world clock is correct and you are in Germany, I am only 5 hours ahead of you. Shouldn’t be too big of an issue. I do have that weekend free as well, although I have prior engagements set for the 14th, so I am unsure of my availability. I actually won’t get to play until 11:01am my time on September 13 since my digital copy is tied to my US account, which unlocks at 12:01am EST.

Unhappy with my initial selection, here's an updated list that will keep me occupied for a good chunk of this challenge. I'll edit my original post to reflect these changes. All of these games are from my download list over the course of 2018, excluding Metal Gear Rising. I hope to make that platinum #175, though I doubt I'll have the skills necessary to do so. Need a break from PS Plus titles, may as well play some of the games I've actually spent money on. ?

1. 101 Ways to Die (0%)
  2. Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space (0%)
  3. Alone With You (VITA) (0%)
  4. Bridge Constructor (VITA) (0%)
  5. Cast of the Seven Godsends: Redux (0%)
  6. inFamous First Light (0%)
  7. Life is Strange (0%)
  8. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) (1%)
  9. Metro: Last Light Redux (0%)
  10. Shadow of the Colossus (5%)
  11. Steins;Gate (PS3) (0%)
  12. Teslagrad (0%)
  13. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (0%)
  14. The Mark of Kri (0%)
  15. Transistor (0%)

PS3

1) Ratchet and clank (1%)

2) Ratchet and clank: going commando (8%)

3) Ratchet and clank: up your arsenal (3%)

4) Ratchet and clank: A crack in time (0%)

5) Shadow of the colossus (6%)

PS4

1) Prey (2%)

2) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered (18%)

3) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (0%)

4) Dishonored Definitive Edition (1%) 

5) Rime (5%)

6) Far Cry Primal (8%) 

7) Tacoma (3%) 

8) The Last Guardian (0%)

9) Horizon Zero Dawn (16%)

10) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (23%)

11) Rise of the Tomb Raider (34%)

12) Firewatch (0%)

13) Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (0%)

14) Infamous: Second Son (0%)

15) Infamous: First Light (0%)

*New* 16) Iconoclasts (20%)

Decided to add Iconoclasts which I'm currently playing. A PS Plus title from a while ago that's actually a lot of fun to play. I should be able to complete the first playthrough shortly but I'll probably leave the challenge mode run for later since it's just one of those things that could either take me 3 hours or it could take me like 3 months to do it so yeah I rather start out with something more relaxing ^^ Also gave 2 out of the 3 Crash Bandicoot remakes a go today to see if I wanted to add them for the challenge but I can already tell that those relics will most likely cost me my sanity. Might still add them if i'm making some nice progress on the other games during the challenge though, we'll see.

Looking at the PS Plus line-up for september... dang 2 games that I've had on my wishlist for a quite a while now. I really have to sustain myself from adding them at this point. I just kinda want to test them out first before I put something on the list that I might not really end up enjoy playing.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

I said I wouldn't rework my list, but I decided to do so for several reasons:

(1) I want to have some games with various letters for the New Year when @iXanon does his Unfinished ABCs event.

(2) Some games I am reluctant to take back up.

(3) I had a change of heart on some of the titles I had chosen earlier, so I replaced them.

Here is the new list. Since, like in prior events, I can't swap after the date is locked down, I have carefully considered how much money I want to spend. I have $100 to work with until Tuesday and then I'll work with other things.

1. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (2%)
  2. Kingdom Hearts III (20%)
  3. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (24%)
  4. Secret of Mana (2%)
  5. Ratchet and Clank (unstarted)
  6. Castlevania Requiem (unstarted)
  7. LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, will buy later)
  8. Dark Cloud (will buy later)
  9. Reverie (PS4, unstarted)
  10. Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek (will buy later)
  11. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (will buy later)
  12. Enigmatis 3: Shadows of Karkhala (will buy later)
  13. Dark Arcana: The Carnival (will buy later)
  14. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (will buy later)
  15. Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery (will buy later)
  16. Buff Knight Advanced (22%)
  17. LEGO Batman 3 (Vita, will buy later)
  18. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita, 12%)
  19. LEGO Jurassic World (Vita, will buy later)
  20. Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (Vita, will buy later)
  21. Daggerhood (Vita, unstarted)
  22. Legend of the Skyfish (unstarted)
  23. Pic-a-Pix Classic (Vita, unstarted)
  24. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (will buy later)
  25. Lara Croft Go (will buy for the PS4 later)

Let's give this another go.

Brave: 0%

Chroma Squad: 0%

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition: 0%

Detroit: Become Human: 0%

Fear Effect Sedna: 0% 

Iconoclasts: 0%

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PS3): 0%

Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4): 0%

Okage: Shadow King: 0%

Outlast 2: 0%

Rogue Legacy: 0%

The Witness: 0%

Wasn't sure if I wanted to added some of the harder games from my backlog (as in has Trophies that are 10% and lower), but since it's going on for so long, why not. Maybe if I finish fast enough I'll add Modern Warfare Remastered. or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Hi everyone,

I guess I will join my first Backlog Challenge.

So,

Robinson: The Journey (AVG - 22%)- 0%
Detroit: Become Human (AVG - 55%)- 0%
Far Cry Primal (AVG - 54%)- 0%
Gravity Rush Remastered (AVG - 40%)- 0%
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (AVG - 28%)- 84% (i think I'll finally get the plantinum)

On 02/08/2019 at 4:37 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Count me in, these will be my games:

1. Outer Worlds

2. Control

3. Man of Medan

4. Death Stranding

5. Star Wars Fallen Order

6. Borderlands 3

I wanted to push a single update my list with a couple of additions based on announced release dates (sorry for the hassle @MidnightDragon). I'm locking myself into these 10 titles now, so no more updates coming from my end. These should see me nicely up to the end of the year - the re-jigged list below in order of release month:

1. Control
  2. Man of Medan
  3. Yakuza 3 Remaster
  4. Borderlands 3
  5. MediEvil
  6. Concrete Genie
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Yakuza 4 Remaster
  9. Death Stranding
  10. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Thanks! :)

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
Typos :( need more coffee. No, need ALL the coffee

I'd like to add a few more to round my starting list out to 10.  :)

Gets a nice split between systems and new/previously played.

V Adventures of Mana 0% ●●●  
3 Beyond Good & Evil 0% ●●● (new)
V Code: Realize - Future Blessings 0% ●●● (new)
V Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc 17% ●●●  
3 Dragon Age: Inquisition 10% ●●●  
4 Dragon Quest Builders 0% ●●● (new)
3 InFamous 2 8% ●●●  
3 Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time 8% ●●● (new)
4 The Order: 1886 5% ●●●  
4 Until Dawn 0% ●●●  

19 hours ago, jeee_seq said:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (AVG - 28%)- 84% (i think I'll finally get the plantinum)

Cap for percentage is 35% for up to 5 games, so 84% is too high for this event.

But I also thought about this during the Summer Backlog Challenge:

- Maybe we could all get one freebie game with max 85% or something like this.

- Or one game with up to 70% but you can only have 3 games with up to 35% that way.

- Or game with random percentage is worth 3, 4 or all 5 35% games and the rest of the whole list needs to be 30% or lower.

Perhaps OT  sees my ideas in time and responds. @MidnightDragon

Edited by Geridian

19 hours ago, jeee_seq said:

Hi everyone,

I guess I will join my first Backlog Challenge.

So,

Robinson: The Journey (AVG - 22%)- 0%
Detroit: Become Human (AVG - 55%)- 0%
Far Cry Primal (AVG - 54%)- 0%
Gravity Rush Remastered (AVG - 40%)- 0%

You have to have 35% total completion or less, so you have to swap out The Witcher 3 with something else.

5 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I began working on Grid 2 so it's not 34% anymore. But it was when I submitted it, I swear :D

You'll have to swap it or, if you already have at least five, drop it.

4 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Cap for percentage is 35% for up to 5 games, so 84% is too high for this event.

But I also thought about this during the Summer Backlog Challenge:

- Maybe we could all get one freebie game with max 85% or something like this.

- Or one game with up to 70% but you can only have 3 games with up to 35% that way.

Perhaps OT  sees my ideas in time and responds. @MidnightDragon

I'm gonna just keep things the way they are. Sorry it took a while to respond. Had a lot going on.

Edited by MidnightDragon

Getting in a little under the wire! I was tempted to start another event, so why not. I'll go easy with ten games for now and hopefully I'll have picked them correctly.

Resident Evil 0 PS4 - 28%

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - 25%

Rebel Galaxy - 25%

Monster Hunter: World - 22% (I'm assuming Iceborne won't count towards this since they have separate plats)

Unravel - 19%

LEGO The Hobbit - 8%

Transformers Rise of the Darkspark - 5%

Lords of the Fallen - 4%

Yakuza 0 - 0%

This is sure to be a challenge.

Edited by SupergiantStarr
  • Like 2