New challenge "Dead don't ride" - 6th challenge - vehicle

Bearded_Jay

Hey guys, 6th challenge is here... and it will surprise a lot of people. 

In this one, you'll have to be a taxi for survivors, while driving a golf cart. A possessed golf cart with a completely crazy physic, that makes this challenge even more ridiculous than it sounds. ?

So... in this one, in order to have gold sub challenges, we have to : 

- park near 12 survivors (when you enter the colored zone, stop as near the survivor as possible)

- drop 4 "tough survivors", sorry i'm french and i really don't know what the real sentence is. But i think that theses specific survivors are the one with the red color.

- drop 9 happy survivors. Pretty self explanatory, you have a timer and simply go full speed to drop them with the happiness bonus.

- run over 20 freakers.

I made a little video of my run, in this one i managed to run over 20 freakers, park near 12 survivors and drop 4 tough guys. Had silver on the happy survivors cause i screwed up a few times, but still doable.

I did the 9 happy survivors after that, so i unlocked the founder rank trophy. So the trophy description is completely wrong, we don't have to wait for every challenges to come out. Which is great news.

• Like 1

Got Gold in the Challenge and Gold in all 4 Sub-Challenges, with a Score of 85,228

Also got the "Lost & Damned" Trophy for reaching Founder Rank.

I dont know why this was giving me a hard time, but I finally did it all. I got Gold a couple of times, but my high score run I got Gold in 3 Sub-Challenges, Silver in Street Sweeper. Didn't get Gold for Street Sweeper because I was trying to get Gold on 5 Star Driver, in order to do that, I had to ignore a lot of Freakers, so they wouldn't slow me down to get a Happy Survivor 9 times, not neutral. One reaction is funny, when you drop someone off and they're Unhappy, they'll cuss at you.

Lastly, I've spent ¢2700, that's everything for the last 6 Challenges, next week we should be able to get the Trophy for "Dolla Dolla Bills, Y'all".

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

Seems to me, the only challenging thing here is "Happy survivor". The trick is that you must not only enter highlated circle, but also stop the vehicle immediately in order to stop time counting for happy/neutral survivor ranking.  Still, i liked this one much more than "Drifters Run". Good music, funny, weird and relaxing in some way. 

1 hour ago, MythRaider1994 said:

So does this count as a bike challenge then? It isn't really a combat challenge. I thought the schedule was horde, combat, bike, ambush camp in that exact order. Maybe they're just doing completely random challenges until the end.

Yes it is a Bike Challenge, says it under Dead Don't Ride on the menu. Also Ambush Camp is labeled as a Combat Challenge.

So the order of the released Challenges so far is:

Horde, Combat, Bike, Combat, Horde & Bike.

The next one will most likely be either Horde or Combat.

EDIT: If I had to guess, one of the upcoming Combat Challenges will probably be up against Rippers.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I do NOT like this. At all. My stupid golf cart stops in the circle, but it keeps counting down from happy to neutral. It’s glitchy af 

Yeah it takes a lot of practice, well for me it did, I didn't like this Challenge either. I'm not a fan of to do stuff to add time on countdown timers. It doesn't matter how hard you brake, so just press L2 hard and you'll come to a complete stop.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I do NOT like this. At all. My stupid golf cart stops in the circle, but it keeps counting down from happy to neutral. It’s glitchy af 

What!?  This is one of the coolest challenges, hope we get some more wierd ones like this.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, Fr_0zt said:

Very easy, fun and wierd challenge.  Here is my run:

We are 50% there, roll on #7

Your video helped immensely. I couldn’t get above 60k. Thank you!  Just got gold in the main part, and gold on close call, street sweeper and wild speed. Now to get nine happy survivors from silver to gold and everything will be golden. ? My original  problem, was I kept circling the city. So I didn’t have enough time. Your way was so much better.   But the golf cart is awful crappy though- it randomly crashes on rocks and other stuff and got stuck half up a cliff and half over and won’t move . Thank you too, Nitemares——-

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the nine happy riders? No matter what I do I can’t come close. I either get six or seven every time 

There is no trick, just learn the best tracks for each one. You will most likely need to do it in a full run, since a lot of them are quite difficult and you need to keep your timer up.

I just got 83k followed by a 9 happy survivors run where I broke my record with 93k without even aiming for it.

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the nine happy riders? No matter what I do I can’t come close. I either get six or seven every time 

The way to do it is don't hit any Freakers to slow you down and use mostly the yellow circles, they're the close drop offs, just figure out where each are. You can get a happy rider from 2 orange circles also, one of them is with the cliff jump. Did the slamming on the breaks help?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Your video helped immensely. I couldn’t get above 60k. Thank you!  Just got gold in the main part, and gold on close call, street sweeper and wild speed. Now to get nine happy survivors from silver to gold and everything will be golden. 1f606.png My original  problem, was I kept circling the city. So I didn’t have enough time. Your way was so much better.   But the golf cart is awful crappy though- it randomly crashes on rocks and other stuff and got stuck half up a cliff and half over and won’t move . Thank you too, Nitemares——-

Np, glad it helped.  

....I should of made a video of my last run where I got almost 200K (I think ?) and did all the golds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

The way to do it is don't hit any Freakers to slow you down and use mostly the yellow circles, they're the close drop offs, just figure out where each are. You can get a happy rider from 2 orange circles also, one of them is with the cliff jump. Did the slamming on the breaks help?

Yes, it helped immensely. Thank you! Once I was trying to just get the 9 happy people, I got every other gold trophy. Got like 123k

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1