The Ribbon System • Part 2

READ THE MAIN POST BEFORE VOTING!   

520 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ribbon System be Added to PSNProfiles?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Voting Again: What should be the MAX percent limit for the Ribbon of Effort?

• 50% (This is the cutoff between common & uncommon rarity)
    • 75% (While more vague, this will include games like Spider-Man)
  3. 3. Read Post First: Should a profile owner be able to customize their 2 ribbons shown in the top bar (Including being able to not display them?)

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Is there some news about this system? I check back this topic because of the new level icons and trophy level being increased.

The Ribbon System? It was just a suggestion that Mango put together and proposed. No word on whether it was actually considered.

20 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Is there some news about this system? I check back this topic because of the new level icons and trophy level being increased.

I'd still like to see something like this get implemented, but it's up to Sly in the end.

Thinking about it more, maybe instead of a ribbon system there should just be a new trophy you get on this site - like a "Diamond Trophy" or something based on any platinums that you have earned with 50% rarity or less, and those diamond trophies could be added or taken away based on the rarity naturally changing over time too.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, BlindMango said:

I'd still like to see something like this get implemented, but it's up to Sly in the end.

Thinking about it more, maybe instead of a ribbon system there should just be a new trophy you get on this site - like a "Diamond Trophy" or something based on any platinums that you have earned with 50% rarity or less, and those diamond trophies could be added or taken away based on the rarity naturally changing over time too.

No, your original idea was perfect.

Edited by Demon--Prototype
Being polite

16 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

No, your original idea was perfect. Needed now more than ever with this new piece of shit trophy system they've just put in.

For once I agree with you. Just a unnecessary change they just threw in out of nowhere. At least some warning beforehand would of been nice.

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

Was this proposal ever considered, ever talked about or was it just dismissed or worse, not even looked at?

Sly originally wanted me to make a thread to see what people thought about it at the time, but after the threads were made I'm not really sure what he thinks about it or if he'd want to build a system like it into the site :hmm: I think something like this would fix a lot of holes Sony hasn't cared to patch in their own trophy system and benefit the site, but again it's up to him to build in the end. If he'd ever see an interest in looking at it, I'd probably make a part 3 with things I've thought of over the past two years (didn't realize it's been that long lol)

Edited by BlindMango

Just now, BlindMango said:

Sly originally wanted me to make a thread to see what people thought about it at the time, but after the threads were made I'm not really sure what he thinks about it or if he'd want to build a system like it into the site :hmm: I think something like this would fix a lot of holes Sony hasn't cared to patch in their own trophy system and benefit the site, but again it's up to him to build in the end. If he'd ever see an interest in looking at it, I'd probably make a part 3 with things I've thought of over the past year and a half

You obviously put a lot of time into this and it would be nice if Sly got in touch with you to give you his opinion on the matter, especially as he asked you to look into it.

My only guess is that rarity puts some peoples nose out of joint (that was evident reading some replies) and he doesn't want to add a feature that's divisive, but with an option to hide the ribbon system, should you choose, I don't see it as an issue.

Thanks for replying, I liked the idea of a ribbon that gave a total for Ultra Rare platinums as this information isn't easily available from your own profile and a ribbon that totalled platinums that aren't common. Nice and straight forward.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

he doesn't want to add a feature that's divisive

This is a big part of why features aren’t added. 

I joked with Sly once, saying he’ll never be able to add a new feature since half the community will always complain, and then he laughed, but agreed.

• Like 1

Just now, B1rvine said:

This is a big part of why features aren’t added. 

I joked with Sly once, saying he’ll never be able to add a new feature since half the community will always complain, and then he laughed, but agreed.

Indeed, I remember when someone said it would be a good idea if each game showed the platinum percentage and 100% percentage (if applicable) on our profiles, everyone agreed, no negativity, I think it was implemented the following day, one of the fastest changes I've ever seen added.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t mind a few new features that would enhance our experience on this website, but I honestly haven’t found anything noteworthy in the last three to four years. 

There are good suggestions dating back to 2017 to 2018 here that haven’t even been bothered to be mentioned, let alone taking into consideration. Which goes back to me saying we are past the point of Sly really caring anymore. I’m inclined to think he has mostly moved on from PSNP.

PS5 trophy/game integration, PSN name changes, and game series all came in the last two years. That’s what you can see. The forum software has also received changes that aren’t visible. Sly has not moved on. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

PS5 trophy/game integration, PSN name changes, and game series all came in the last two years. That’s what you can see. The forum software has also received changes that aren’t visible. Sly has not moved on. 

The name change isn’t new, and it was obvious PS5 games had to be implemented when the console launched. 

Just because I said “inclined to think”, doesn’t mean it’s actually true.

35 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The name change isn’t new, and it was obvious PS5 games had to be implemented when the console launched. 

Just because I said “inclined to think”, doesn’t mean it’s actually true.

You brushing the name change aside as obvious means you think there was no work involved and therefore Sly has moved on? If you’re willing to say none of your post wasn’t true because you used the phrase “inclined to think” then what is the point of your post?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I've been using the Ribbons you made @BlindMangoand applying them to my spreadsheet to make rarity a priority. They're sorted by rarest platinum

mBt5Ycr.jpg

I've added a couple of ribbons and changed the current rarity to include Legendary:

fKcSG1g.jpg

Ribbon of Legend - Rarity less than 1%

Ribbon of Ultrarity (Rarity) - Rarity less than 5%

Ribbon of Effort - Rarity less than 50%

Ribbon of Ease - Rarity of 50% and above.

Even if your efforts never see the light of day, I'm loving them, especially as rarity now has it's own set of icons instead of just a number to one side. It gives them some substance and makes those games that took time and effort stand out. Thanks for all the time you put into this.

You wouldn't happen to have a templet of your spreadsheet you would be willing to share?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I've been using the Ribbons you made @BlindMangoand applying them to my spreadsheet to make rarity a priority. They're sorted by rarest platinum

mBt5Ycr.jpg

I've added a couple of ribbons and changed the current rarity to include Legendary:

fKcSG1g.jpg

Even if your efforts never see the light of day, I'm loving them, especially as rarity now has it's own set of icons instead of just a number to one side. It gives them some substance and makes those games that took time and effort stand out. Thanks for all the time you put into this.

This is freaking awesome, I love it! I also love the four different tiers you made =O

43 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

mBt5Ycr.jpg

fKcSG1g.jpg

Wow, that's perfect. I'd love to see this officially implemented.