The Ribbon System • Part 2

READ THE MAIN POST BEFORE VOTING!   

520 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ribbon System be Added to PSNProfiles?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Voting Again: What should be the MAX percent limit for the Ribbon of Effort?

• 50% (This is the cutoff between common & uncommon rarity)
    • 75% (While more vague, this will include games like Spider-Man)
  3. 3. Read Post First: Should a profile owner be able to customize their 2 ribbons shown in the top bar (Including being able to not display them?)

• Yes
    • No

Still looks good to me.  I hope we see this added.

1 hour ago, midgetstrawdog said:

Something that would be really neat is if you clicked the ribbons, and there was a simple leaderboard of the people who had the most of that type of ribbon. 

I'd be interested in seeing that too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

25 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I mean I don't like seeing profiles that are just full of quick and easy games, but I don't think there's a need to create an entire system just to punish that one behaviour, when you could instead use the same system to reward different behaviours. 

I like this idea a lot. The ribbon system (in my opinion) should encourage a more diverse list of games rather than solely more difficult games. While I don't think the system necessarily targets people who play easier games (its not like we're refusing to show their trophies earned), it would be cool if it incorporated more than just rarities- I definitely think that would make more people happy. 

Edited by KillerUni12
attempting to fix quote

Just now, dalailama1989 said:

Redesigning the Ribbon of Rarity should have been another thing to vote on. That's a clear no from me :D

(Probably not possible to vote on more than three things at the same time, I guess)

Yep, couldn't add more than 3 options :( 

8 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Oh come on! Based on this statement you should also be against a leaderboard, a trophy per day ratio, an average completion rate and so on, because it's not official. And this would affect other sites like exophase as well. The hobby itself was elitist to begin with. Certain trophies always excluded people.

All those stats are based on every trophy, not on an arbitrary subset. Any stat that is deducted from a subset is biased against whateveris excluded. I am against the leaderboard, but that is not what this thread is about.

16 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

The people who could never be part of it due to hard requirements and stuff found a way into this hobby due to Sony's lack of quality control. This devalued the actual system, which people actually cared about. While a gold trophy usually stood for harder requirements compared to a bronze this is not the case anymore, since most of these new types of games don't even have bronze trophies. A ribbon system could fix that. If you decide to look down on people because of that or look up to them because of other aspects, that's up to you.

No, the looking down is done with declaring that some trophies should not be worth the same because you don't like them. If you voice this opinion, everything is okay. Everyone can have his opinion and voice it. It is not okay, though, when the site does something like that. The site should be neutral.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

The ribbon of rarity is given for ultra rare platinum trophies, detailed here:P 

OH! I read about the change to that in the image but didn't know it was about that, then nice that there is already :P 

I think a Mix of the Two images would be neat, like a Trophy with a crown :awesome: Or seriously speaking the new one looks better, not similar to the other Ribbon.

Anyway i really like Shadicaho Idea, that would be cool, a personal PSNP achivement/Trophy system rewarding different styles (Like Hunting Jrpgs or Novel or Racing games or Fps and so on!), that should be considered in the Future!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

All those stats are based on every trophy, not on an arbitrary subset. Any stat that is deducted from a subset is biased against whateveris excluded. I am against the leaderboard, but that is not what this thread is about.

Not exactly.  There are rarity leaderboards that are specifically on subsets.  The more info we know about out trophies, the better.

I’d wager 95% of those who are against it are the multi-region stackers of  Ratalaika, POWGI, etc.  Don’t see how anyone else could be against an extra feature, especially if you have the option to toggle it off.

• Like 3

Since this is a system that is going to cause drama.  Why not compromise?  Instead of trying to quantify effort, just make a ribbon for each tier of platinum rarity.  That information is already present in the user's profile anyway.  There are lots of shiny new icons (four instead of two, that means it's twice as good!), there is no artificial delineation of 'quality', no one can feel excluded, and people who want to compare Ultra Rares will be free to do so.      

• Like 1