The Ribbon System • Part 2

READ THE MAIN POST BEFORE VOTING!   

520 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ribbon System be Added to PSNProfiles?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Voting Again: What should be the MAX percent limit for the Ribbon of Effort?

• 50% (This is the cutoff between common & uncommon rarity)
    • 75% (While more vague, this will include games like Spider-Man)
  3. 3. Read Post First: Should a profile owner be able to customize their 2 ribbons shown in the top bar (Including being able to not display them?)

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

while i'm all for naming and shaming rata games players i think features like the series box should be finished before anything else gets added

I agree the series system should be finished first - See the last sentence in the post :P 

• Like 3

I followed this for a bit when presented and i think it's a neat new option, still i think the cap should be 50% because otherwise, is it even an Effort? If more than half of the people have it it's probably something like TWD most of times where you end the game or do 2-3 easy thing maybe not even hidden and you get it.

I think maybe a 3rd Ribbon as a "Special Effort" for Ultra Rare Plats would be awesome, just to make you feel even better at getting some of them that requires either a Ton of Hours or really hard things to do! 

• Like 1

50%. I like the new ribbons, but putting even more stuff on the sidebar seems like a bit much. Not sure about customising though. Using the original platinum design seems better though, considering the normal platinum symbol is already in places on the site, so putting it here as well seems unneccesary.

I like the new Ribbon of Rarity redesign with the original platinum trophy image!

I still agree with 50%. There are very very few games that have over 50% for their platinum that require a modest effort. Most are quick games that take only a few hours.

Also, for anyone who feels it discriminated against part of the user base on PSNP that like “ezpz Ratalaika games”, vote for the option to hide ribbons! If someone doesn’t want the ribbons on their profile, they don’t need to have it at all. It kind of cuts the “discrimination” argument to..... ribbons :lol:

But yay I like it! :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BlindMango said:
16 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

That feature would make this kind of mindset an official PSNP dogma. A website that discriminates parts of its userbase is not desirable.

This isn't a way to discriminate the userbase, if someone takes the time to 'discriminate' a user based on a number on their profile, there might be a problem with that user. The same argument can be made for completion percentage, among many other stats. It's quite simply a new set of stats people can choose to (or not to) care about. If someone wants to go for platinum trophy count, those won't be going anywhere and the ribbons can be removed from the top bar by the profile owner

In that case, why not just add a feature to display a users platinums by rarity?  The stats area already does that with trophies generally.  Seems a simply and elegant solution if new and deeper sets of stats are the only concern.