I've been offered money to get this platinum and I'm confused.

Lexiture

So a guy who claims to have OCD has offered me $50 in exchange of getting the RDR2 platinum in his account, I declined since it takes a lot of time but my question is: Have you been offered money to get a platinum? How much? Should have I accepted his request?

Edited by Lexiture

9 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

So a guy who claims to have OCD has offered me $50 in exchange of getting the RDR2 platinum in his account, I declined since it takes a lot of time but my question is: ¿Have you been offered money to get a platinum? ¿How much? ¿Should had I accepted his request? $50 for 300 hours is not worth at all in my opinion.

Honestly, I would just decline and block this person altogether. And yes that has happened to me years ago. Someone asked me to get the platinum in Bayonetta. Was blocked and reported to Sony. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Maybe you should counter at what you think it’s worth. Doesn’t sound like you’re opposed, just that the amount was too low for the time needed. 

He's unemployed and not willing to pay more ?. I've asked $50 for the online trophies and $125 for the history ones and he told me that he doesn't have the money.

• Like 1

Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do, that's how I passed an entire highschool English class and got a bunch of manga in the process. Course that is not nearly enough and I wouldn't really trust people I don't know like that, although you would be the one with his information. Like one guy who kept pestering me to get me the CTR plat, it's like fuck off, I'm not giving anyone my info, I did all the time trials on PS1 and may do them again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Fortunately I haven't but I saw in a local forum year ago a thread from someone asking to earn trophies for him and how much will it cost him. I replied as a joke that I would charge him for each hour invested.

lmaooo would you ask for minimum wage?

• Like 1

I've actually been offered payment quite a bit over the years, yes...not even for earning trophies for someone else but just for my help with the gta iv mp stuff...has ranged from $20-$100...when it comes to charity though I say do it free or not at all...never accepted any money...

should you accept the person's request?...up to you...if you need the money and don't mind earning another person's trophies for them, I don't see why not...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

mmm I see nothing wrong with doing it provided these conditions are met for me:

1) The person is in good financial situation and his/her money spending habits are under control. So this person here automatically violates this and I'd decline.. I wouldn't in good heart accept money from a person who cannot seem to set their priorities straight

2) I actually have to enjoy the game. I would absolutely not plat RDR2 again... One helluva giant grind.. (unless the money is right)

3) speaking of money, 2) might get bypassed if the offer is good. 

At the end of the day, I see this as a business. You want my services and you have money then I see no problem with this. I should mention though that I was never asked by anybody to plat a game for them so I never put this into practice :P

• Like 1

Unemployed, has OCD, wants to buy some trophies... sounds like someone I know. Wonder if it's the same guy xD

I've had the occasional person approach me offering to pay me to do a trophy for them. I just ignore the messages entirely, don't even tell them 'no' because odds are they'll just hassle me afterwards. Ignore and move on lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

I dont think that the person is unemployed because he would have the time to do it on his own.

This is most likely just a lie to let you feel pity.

Time maybe. But willingness to do it himself? Maybe not so much. Could be a case of laziness or just not wanting to play the game himself. 

• Like 1

I know one thing for certain, $50 wouldn't be enough for me to redo the first let alone the 2nd! The money issue; if someone is that frivolous with money for the sake of trophies then I don't see why not but only for something fast and enjoyable to me like the Hotlines or Arkham games, never a sandbox game with a massive online component, that would eat way too much time up and I procrastinate with my games enough as it is ?

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T
  • Like 1

I won't give his ID but I'll share a copy-paste of the first message he sent for in case some of you are curious about it:

Hi man congrats on your red dead 2 plat. Could you help me out with the platinum for it. It would be from 0 to 100%. Sorry this may sound weird.Im a trophy hunter from the uk but suffer with disability's and ocd which makes gaming hard for me. Is it ever possible to pay you via paypal to complete platinum games on my profile? I can pay a small fee as I don't work If you would be interested at all.

I could do £25 in 2 installments

Can I add your psn. I normally pay around half way completion and once done if ok. I can send you username for people on here who have done it for me in the past if you want checking I’m legit.

Edited by Lexiture
  • Like 3

Ethical or not ethical? Crime or not? What is the purpose of Share play in boosting sessions? Is it a crime to offer money here? I know ppl who help each other in different games. You are strong in this game, other guy can help you in other game. Will you help your brother or girl friend with trophy?Yes. Will you help to a stranger for money? No? Ppl help each other in real world for money

• Like 1