I've been offered money to get this platinum and I'm confused.

Lexiture

$50 dollars for 300 hours is certainly not worth it at all, it's such a small amount of money in relation to the work involved. It's a waste of time and effort, when you can be working on your own games to platinum. I would just ignore and block the person

• Like 2

One guy offered me like 10 dollars for the little acre platinum lol and the other one asked for sound shapes, he even asked if he can get my other accounts for stacks lol. I don't mind if you pay someone to play games on your account, do whatever you want with your account. I understand if you are struggling on a game but why would you pay someone for easy 1-2 hr games.

I obviously declined the offer lol, I don't get the enjoyment from playing and completing games on someone else's profile.   

• Like 1

Several years ago Ive had IRL friends give me money in exchange for getting platinums on their accounts

i dont do it anymore

i actually knew these people in real life and they are trusted friends

its not really allowed through this site in particular but there are sites out there that offer trophy services in exchange of money

time is money people, whats your time worth to you, make it worth it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lexiture said:

So a guy who claims to have OCD has offered me $50 in exchange of getting the RDR2 platinum in his account, I declined since it takes a lot of time but my question is: ¿Have you been offered money to get a platinum? ¿How much? ¿Should had I accepted his request? $50 for 300 hours is not worth.

I've been asked the last 10 years multiple times if I'd earn  trophies for others. I always DENIED.

Playing for other poeople  - no matter what they will pay - is helping them to CHEAT because they would "earn" trophies which affords the never fullfilled themselves! Playing for money for other people on their accounts is like being a drug dealer.

Edited by maxijodi

Man I could understand if the guy asked for help with a few trophies (Which I still think is bad...if you can't get em, you can't get em IMO) but to ask you to go from 0% to 100%? Why did he even buy the game?? That said, his def lowballed you if you were to consider it, based on time...as others have pointed out. 

41 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

For going through that game again I would want at least £1000 for the amount of hours it takes.

I haven't played RDR2, but considering it at 300 hours to finish, I'd hardly even think about doing that for less than 2500 pounds.

Come on, time is precious. 50 pounds?? Really???

• Like 4

Someone told me once that there are guys offering boosting services for U4 MP trophies. I don't know if it's true and how much they ask but that's the only case i heard.

I'm surprised nobody ever asked me.

Coming form Dota 2, i know how lots of people are willing to pay if you boost their account.

5 hours ago, Lexiture said:

I won't give his ID but I'll share a copy-paste of the first message he sent for in case some of you are curious about it.

Ahhh UK, okay not the guy I know lol, guy I know lives in Germany.

If you want to be a real asshole you could always 'accept' this offer and just go on their account and put a bunch of your games at 1% trophies on their account and leave it like that. I imagine that would really upset them :P.

Honestly I haven't got much issue with trophy sellers, they're using their time and talents to earn some money, usually it works out low pay per hour but if you're enjoying it then it's a nice little bonus bit of cash. It's those who actually buy them who I think are rather sad though, and I do sometimes think they should just be shamed and banned from tracking sites etc.

• Like 1

The most I ever got was someone bought me the Playstation Allstars DLC if I would help him boost the online. I figured what the hell. 

But 50$ for that amount of hours is stupid, and can I just say that the term "OCD" gets thrown around a little too much by people on the Internet. There is a big difference between "I want the platinum because I don't like incomplete games on my account" and "my life is destroyed because I can't overcome having an incomplete game on my account"

Finally as others have said "if you are unemployed...you have lots of time on your hands so you can plat the game yourself".

• Like 3

Sketchy but i would do it for people on here or I know(not for $50 though for rdr2). It's pretty safe on your end as you essentially don't give his account back till payment. Though if it was me id be nicer and leave account settings alone and simply have them pay in 1/4% based on progress with the first 1/4% up front. Common business practice in case the client backs out or they don't pay you, you still get the majority of work done payed.

But I don't have the time to platinum games for others, I don't have enough time to platinum my own >< curse you backlog :shakefist:

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1