I've been offered money to get this platinum and I'm confused.

Lexiture

I'd say go for it, but honestly, your time is worth more than 50 bucks.

But that being said, if someone offers you a reasonable amount for a reasonable amount of time and you enjoy the game, hells yeah go for it. I think they're pretty stupid for paying to get a trophy (unless they have like a bet with someone or something, and they stand to make money if they get the plat, idk), but let stupid people be stupid. Their loss is your gain.

• Like 1

I wouldn't do it, honestly. And, in case whoever offered is reading this thread, you should probably put trophy hunting aside for now and focus on your mental health if it's gotten so bad you can't function in your daily life. This coming from a fellow OCD sufferer who also had some dark times in the past.

Yeah I kinda feel sorry for that guy, unemployed and giving money away for a plat. I at the very least hope he played through the entire story before trying to pawn it off, I’ve heard RDR2’s campaign is fantastic. Either way this is all the proof you need that plats officially mean zip.

As for my own personal experiences I haven’t had anyone offer payment except one person recently but I’m very certain it was a joke. Other than that it’s been the casual “oh can you get me this trophy, I see you have it” type of conversation but I’ve always kindly declined. If it’s co-op I can help sure but if someone’s asking me to share-play or physically log into their account to complete a platinum - no thanks. Or if I’m gonna be really honest...not for $50 ?

• Like 2

i remember in my early ps3 days some kid asked me if i could share my account with him so he can play my games, and kept pestering me about it. deleted him after. never been offered money to get trophies for people though lol. and i know i most certainly would not let anyone use my account to get me trophies for any reason. or even use my account at all, however that works. 

either suck it up for the grind that the game is, or forget about it. i got plenty of time consuming games enough of my own to work on than $50 for someone's 300 hour game lol. 

Edited by RJP_X

I have helped for free through Shareplay as a 2nd controller a couple of times(Butter Friends game).

Others have helped me out without asking anything in return when it comes to boosting ( Burnout Paradise).

I  would never accept pay to earn someone platinum. I rather spend time on PS3 backlog.

Mturk would be better time spent.

Edited by Kishnabe

No way I would do it. Waste time time on a stranger I don't know? I've been working on this Plat for a while. I will get it done. I love RDR2, Play multiplayer everyday.   Its a personal thing, individual thing. He should save that 50 dollars, he is gonna need it.

Edited by jbagadoughnuts

I could understand paying someone to get you a hard trophy such as ...Becomes the Master which is a trophy that you could get in a couple of minutes but it's very hard and it will most likely take you a couple of hours to get. I personally would never give my hard earn money away so I could get a trophy, but I don't blame those who do it for a very hard trophy. But paying someone to platinum the whole game for you? At that point, you are just buying a game just for someone else to play it. Also, I never played RDR2 but I heard it is a very long platinum. Like over 100 hours at least. So 50 US dollars is less than .50 an hour. So I wouldn't take the job.

• Like 1

I just realized something. If you two don't live close to each other to play on his PS4, there are only 2 ways that I can think of that would allow you to play on his account and get trophies for him. I don't think he thought this through because option 1 is a pain in the ass and option 2 risks getting his account deleted/stolen   

1. You use share play and you get the trophies for him. But both of yall would need good internet connections and both of yall would have to be on at the same time so that would make it very hard for a game that takes over 100 hours to platinum.  It would be a huge pain in the ass to use share play every day.

2.  The guy breaks the PSN terms of service and he gives his account username and password to you. This would allow you to play on his account in your own house at any time. Also, I never played RDR2 but maybe by using your own save file, you could use the save file for RDR2 that you already platinum and upload it to the other guy's account. Now for some games, this would give that account all of the trophies that save file had, but some games won't give you any trophies and some games will only give you some of the trophies. It really depends on the game. Also, this might be against this website rules. 

So just ask him just how he was planning on getting you to platinum the game for him because now I'm wondering.

years ago when i had only like 20 platinums which was considered alot back then i had people trying to buy my profile from me to start with platinums and free games. ive heard of a few of the bigger platinum carries do this for people i wont say their names. 

it took me over 400 hours to do rdr2, i personally wouldnt do it for that game or any game. but i suppose if i needed cash badly and a game was easy for me and i was good at it i would offer to do it

with that being said i have actually helped people for free who had glitched games. for example gta5 had a horrible glitch you could not progress in the story if you went online there was a certain way you could have about a 50% of fixing it. i wrote rockstar numerous letters and emails and twitter etc and they would not respond. so i made a youtube video and people were begging me to try to fix their game for them. so i did for a while, some i got to work and some i didnt.

i also get tons of messages from people asking me for help with mp trophies, they simply just cannot find anyone and its almost a cry for help. so i;ll take the time to hurry up and help them if its not to hard of a trophy. 

i get joy out of helping people when i can and thats worth more then money to me.

thats just me though. i say if you can make money, and you like doing it, and the price is right go for it. although i wont respect the person who paid for it at all lol

I just googled 'Playstation trophy services' and the first hit is charging 600 pounds for RDR2. Let's talk in standard work week terms - an average work week is about 40 hours give or take. If RDR2 takes 300 hours to complete then you are going to get paid 50 dollars for what equates to about a month of work or more in those average terms. The very least you should be asking for is something equating to minimum wage.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

Oh boy, where do I start. I've been unlocking trophies for cash a lot back in the days, nowadays less.

I don't mind helping people out for some cash since I don't care about leaderboards and stuff and even if someone brags about the plat I got for them I simply don't give a damn lol

50$ for RDR2 is hilarious though. For reasonable price I'd say go for it? If you don't mind the boredom which RDR2 trophies are.

If you want to know which games people asked me to do for them: Street Fighter, BattleFantasia, I am Bread, Dead or Alive, Wipeout, etc.

Being decent at fighting games helps out in this "business" xD

Well the question is.. are you the kind of person that wants to make profit off of someones addiction / disorder? Regardless of whether 50$ is poorly paid for RDR2 or not (it is), I would never take money from somebody just to earn trophies on their profile. 

Reading the message that dude wrote you, I really feel sorry for him. If he is being genuine, then he really should seek help. 

Edited by Arcesius

On 8/3/2019 at 11:02 AM, Lexiture said:

He's unemployed and not willing to pay more 1f62c.png. I've asked $50 for the online trophies and $125 for the history ones and he told me that he doesn't have the money.

If he's unemployed wouldn't he then have the time to do it himself?

I found it ridiculous how this topic can be so relevant. 50 bucks is a joke when you consider the amount of time that has to be put into this + the running electricity costs for your PS4 and TV. If you even consider doing this you're a moron. And the unemployed guy who made the offer is a total loser. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I found it ridiculous how this topic can be so relevant. 50 bucks is a joke when you consider the amount of time that has to be put into this + the running electricity costs for your PS4 and TV. If you even consider doing this you're a moron. And the unemployed guy who made the offer is a total loser. 

Well yeah, the $50 is obviously a poor return on time, the only question with it is if the OP enjoys RDR2 and would get enjoyment out of doing the plat (again?).

If the OP was tempted to do the plat again on his own console, might as well earn $50 (or more) for doing what you would have done anyways.  But even though RDR2 is wildly popular, I doubt they would want to play it that much again