Platinum 500 vote

Platinum 500 vote  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Milestone 500 platinums

• The Evil Within 2
    • Onechanbara Z2: Chaos

I don't know anything about Onechanbara Z2: Chaos, but I played both The Evil Within, and I suggest this platinum because I like the platinum image and it's my favourite horror series. :)

Compared to the first game, the plot is better and focused on Sebastian's past, graphics are improved and there are the semi open-world sections (someone likes them, others hate them. According to me, I really like exploring every house and looking for ammos and collectibles in these houses). And this time you have something similar to the Resident Evil "item management", because you gather different materials which can be combined to create ammos or medikits. The new enemies are really good (the nebula obscura and the huge demon with the saw! And all the Anima chases in the Beacon mental hospital) and the first villain is really great (the artist Valentini).

Just a couple of things I didn't like: for example the missing matches (I really liked burning all the enemies in the first game! And it was my main weapon during the Akumu run), the story which is splitted into two parts which are completely different, the recicled bosses of the first game (don't get me wrong, they are really unforgettable, but putting them all together without facing the boss of this game is really strange :S), and all the crashes I had during the Classic mode run in chapter 7 :jaymon: (I hope they won't happen to you, but I found it was probably related to the route I was following in the chapter). And also the difficulty: compared to the first game is easier.

But it's a good horror game, so I pick this platinum! ? But please, don't use the God mode! Just unlock the infinite ammos beating the Classic mode!

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
  • Like 2

Never heard about cheats or this god mode in The Evil Within 2! I platted it in 2017, but I would definitely use any exploit available to make Classic Mode limited saves more bearable. I struggled more with 2 than the first, but I guess it's because The Evil Within 1 is my favorite horror game ever, and I beated it many times.

Back to topic: The Evil Within 2 might be a slightly better game than Onechanbara, even though Onechanbara has a pretier platinum icon in my oppinion. I suggest you make them your number 500 and 501, don't save the one you don't pick for the future. Have fun.

GravityQueeen.png

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2

The patch 1.05 added different "cheats": infinite stamina, super strenght (one hit you kill every enemy), and invincibility, but in order to obtain them you need to create an account on Bethesda.net:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/n16240/the-evil-within-2-patch-adds-cheats-trophies-still-unlock

About the Classic mode, it's not really difficult. Simply some parts become boring because you play them over and over again, like the chapter 7, where my game crashed so many times (and my previous save file was after the nebula obscura boss. So I need to go through the Marrow and face a giant white monster before reaching the chapter 7). Surely you need to think about the positions of the seven saves: usually after 2 or 3 chapter or before the hardest part. There are diffferent ideas on web, but you can change some of them according to your strategy.

• Like 2