DLC stuck in (Waiting to install)

Aecesaje_

I bought the Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition physically from a big store, I know the copy is from my country because it says on the cover of the game "completely in portuguese". This edition of the game comes with the Frozen Wilds DLC as a code (like the gift cards and PS Plus subscription) but when I try to download the DLC when it finishes downloading the file it doesn't install and shows me the message (Waiting to install) and when I click on it it just redirects me to the PS Store and shows me the Complete Edition digitally.

I don't know what is happening, the disk and the code are from the same country but the DLC is behaving like if it was from the US. Anyone knows a way to fix this?

Edit: I don't know if this is important but the serial number of the dis is CUSA-10212/H

Edit 2: All the other content from the code (skins, weapons, etc) installed without problem

Edited by maiathewinners

Have you tried launching the game? Some games needs to be launched for the install to complete, some other games requires the PS4 to be restarted to behave correctly.

On a sidenote, my complete edition had everything on disc, the Code voucher only gave a theme and some digital goodies (artwork and such, and are unrelated to the game). My complete edition is a North American though, so it may be different for yours (portugese?)

• Like 1

Unless this is some weird regional variant that's exclusive to Portugal - ALL the DLCs should be on the disc, with the code only items being the Theme, a Digital Art Book and the Soundtrack. EDIT: Do what minh2t has said and try launching the game to see if that forces the DLC (or whatever it is) to install.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, minh2t said:

Have you tried launching the game? Some games needs to be launched for the install to complete, some other games requires the PS4 to be restarted to behave correctly.

Already launched the game and played a little. You said the DLC came with the disc but for me it shows as downloadable

This is what shows in the notifications:

ZohSeaE.jpg

This is what shows in the additional content section

flijOB4.jpg

It says it is installed but it still gives me the option to install unlike the other content

Edited by maiathewinners

1 hour ago, maiathewinners said:

Already launched the game and played a little. You said the DLC came with the disc but for me it shows as downloadable

This is what shows in the notifications:

ZohSeaE.jpg

This is what shows in the additional content section

flijOB4.jpg

It says it is installed but it still gives me the option to install unlike the other content

In that case I'm stumped and don't have a clue, because my UK copy had everything on the disc. The Portuguese version must be one of those rare exceptions to the rule, where Portugal and Brazil get a completely different release to the rest of the world. EDIT: My copy of the Complete Edition (the one with everything on the disc) has the CUSA Code "10213".

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

33 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case I'm stumped and don't have a clue, because my UK copy had everything on the disc. The Portuguese version must be one of those rare exceptions to the rule, where Portugal and Brazil get a completely different version to the rest of the world. EDIT: My copy of the Complete Edition (the one with everything on the disc) has the CUSA Code "10213".

I guess I will play the game and when I reach the point where I can start the DLC I will see how it goes. Thanks for the help, this is really strange

Yeah, it's odd, since you managed to redeem the code, it means the code was the proper region to your account.

When you get far enough to use skill points, if you see the 4th section of skills:

frozen-wilds-bug-makes-players-lose-xp-s

The Traveler section, then your Frozen Wild DLC should be correctly installed as those skills were added in the Frozen Wild dlc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, minh2t said:

Yeah, it's odd, since you managed to redeem the code, it means the code was the proper region to your account.

When you get far enough to use skill points, if you see the 4th section of skills:

frozen-wilds-bug-makes-players-lose-xp-s

The Traveler section, then your Frozen Wild DLC should be correctly installed as those skills were added in the Frozen Wild dlc.

The traveler section shows up in my game but the notification for the DLC file is still downloading, it might be a weird bug. Atleast now I know I have access to the DLC

wLZatR6.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@maiathewinners

The Frozen Wilds DLC cannot be installed because it's already on the disc.

If you start the game and take a look at the main menu it says "Including the Frozen Wilds" at the top right corner, as I marked it on my screenshot.

aAYCpL2.jpg

If you have that too, you'll be fine :) At first I was wondering too why it's not installing the DLC but after seeing the main menu I realized why.

I don't know why they've put the DLC on the voucher code ?

Edited by Sanakoev-
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the same issue. Everything has been installed from the disc itself to the system, but my PlayStation was showing me a notification with an endless DLC download process. You can delete this process with no worries, nothing will happen to your game. The Frozen Wilds DLC will be there.