Ask the person below you a question

Fierce_DeityX1

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

Irish or British Cider and Irish whiskey, not together of cause. Japanese beers like Sapporo or Asahi.

what about you? Same question

I was a non-alcoholic for a long time, probably one of the few people in my friends group who didn't drink before 18. But now if i drink alcohol i always drink beer. Especially the Dutch Hertog Jan, that's the best you can have.

A gaming related question for the person below me.

What is your opinion on collectibles?

My own answer is not so bad, although i have posted this before, it should be a search. That's why they are collectibles, they need to make you look for them instead of just giving them on the map, because then it turns into a grind. 

For me the perfect system in a lineair game would be to mention the collectibles and different types. And then how many of them are in each chapter. You could then buy upgrades that the chapter is split up in more sections that tell you the collectibles per section, so your search area tightens with each upgrade.

For open world games then the system what i have in mind is similar, you could make a grid system on the map which tells you exactly which grids have which collectibles and also which are completed. (could have two maps, one with and one without grids, because otherwise the map becomes to crowded with marks) You could then buy upgrades in which you get more and therefore smaller grids so your search area becomes smaller.

Edited by Lars

1 hour ago, Lars said:

I was a non-alcoholic for a long time, probably one of the few people in my friends group who didn't drink before 18. But now if i drink alcohol i always drink beer. Especially the Dutch Hertog Jan, that's the best you can have.

Personally if I must have beer at all, I'd rather drink Brand, though my own answer to my question would definitely be cocktails.

A gaming related question for the person below me.

What is your opinion on collectibles?

Depends on how they're done.

• The text snippets in Horizon Zero Dawn or Alan Wake? Amazing, adds much to the story.
  • The blueprints in Donkey Kong 64? Good, they're optional but fun and getting more means you'll have more time for the final mission.
  • The orbs in Jak & Daxter? Mèh, they're not bad but they don't really add any gameplay value.
  • The feathers in Assassin's Creed II? Bad, they don't appear on your map but you'll need all of them for the Auditore cape and many can't really be seen until you're in exactly the right position.
  • The chests in Assassin's Creed: Unity? Horrible, chests are a way of getting income but with the renovated theatres you'll have more than you can spend anyway and suddenly there's a trophy for opening all of them, meaning two days of mind numbing chest opening (many of which have stupid locks) after already being done with the game while said trophy could have been spent on getting through all murder mysteries or some other fun missions that aren't required for 100% trophy completion now.

Person below me; same question.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Metal Gear or Splinter Cell?

I want to say Splinter Cell. I've never played it but I played Phantom Pain a while ago and I really did not like what apparently was a series staple (the out of nowhere crazy sci-fi horror of it all). This after I played and loved Ground Zeroes (which skipped the stuff that was too crazy)... I'll definitely finally try a Splinter Cell game before trusting another Metal Gear game.

Next question...

If you're over 20: do you still watch Disney movies (without being accompanied by a child)?

If you're under 20: have you seen (m)any of the traditionally animated Disney movies?

I'm under 20, and I haven't really seen many of them honestly. The only one I've seen and can remember well enough to talk about is the traditionally animated Beauty and the Beast (which I watched pretty recently). Seeing that has definitely made me start to consider watching more of them in the future though.

Same question!

1 minute ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

I'm under 20, and I haven't really seen many of them honestly. The only one I've seen and can remember well enough to talk about is the traditionally animated Beauty and the Beast (which I watched pretty recently). Seeing that has definitely made me start to consider watching more of them in the future though.

Same question!

Not going to butt in on the flow so person below me still gets the same question but I fully recommend Aladdin and The Lion King, my two favourites (though I really liked Beauty And The Beast as well).

• Like 1

It's really tough to pick one. Maybe the swan scene from Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky. My dad loved classical music so I grew up with that song. I rediscovered it a couple years ago and it always makes me emotional when I hear it. Especially that big crescendo at the end. I've less of an emotional attachment to it but Girl by Daoko is also an amazing track. A little bit more hip and modern than 19th century Russian composers too.

Easy and empowering gameplay or really rough, drawn out, challenging gameplay that gives you a sense of accomplishment when you finally beat it?

Edited by RisingSenpai616

5 hours ago, Star Butterfly said:

Tie between Lullaby by Nickelback and The Night by Disturbed

Same question

I saw this post in my list of content I posted in and thought "For fuck's sake, how are those Disney songs? Are those bands from the Mickey Mouse Club or something?" :blush:

Hare question to answer, I mean there's so many good stuff and so many different moods I could have...

Wait, I'm getting a notification... Phew, someone new has posted, I can take an easier question, yay! :)

5 hours ago, RisingSenpai616 said:

Easy and empowering gameplay or really rough, drawn out, challenging gameplay that gives you a sense of accomplishment when you finally beat it?

Oh shoot... Another one that completely depends on my mood. I can be in the mood for either - I've played through stuff like Titan Souls and Super Meat Boy, both would not be called hard by exerienced gamers but they certainly are more challenging than average. Yet I'm also doing easy but cool stuff like the Batman games and Assassin's Creed...

Gun to my head, having to choose one for the rest of my life, I'd probably go with the latter even though I probably play more of the former. Challenging can get frustrating but easy can get boring and that's worse in my eyes. I have a weak spot for challenging platformers, especially.

Really hope that Super Mario Odyssey goes the Galaxy and 3D Land route and has extra tough versions of all standard levels, though that probably will not happen as it's more of an open world game.

Person below me: same question :)

Edited by BillyHorrible

Complete Devil Summoner and than Devil Summoner Soul hackers on the Sega Saturn in the day. Limited JP skills, mid 90's so young, But I learned so much about Japanese and games. Both of those stories are so messed up as well. It was rewarding for me as I'd played a few Japanese games having Japanese neighbors, but nothing like this.

Same question

Ciri. Witcher 3 was the only one I finished (played the intro of 2 to get it on my (X360) gamercard but never got around to actually playing the full game) and I chose Triss instead of Yennefer. Ciri is awesome, only thing I had a bit of a problem with at first is her overly British voice.

Have you ever played sequels to story-driven games while not having played the original? (So playing Witcher 3 while not having played the first two counts, but playing Super Mario 64 while not having played Super Mario Bros. does not count)

Edited by BillyHorrible

Mass Effect 3 ending, this coming from someone that also bought Aliens Colonial Marines day 1, I was let down more by ME 3's ending than I was about Aliens Colonial Marines.

Pleasant surprise in gaming? By this, I mean you took a chance on a game you heard nothing about and actually enjoyed it.

How long have you got?

Games I know little about yet am willing to try is the main reason I have PS+... As such, I have a while list of titles that fit the bill. Velocity 2X, Titan Souls, Kung Fu Rabbit, Kick & Fennick... The list goes on and on.

Trying to figure out titles I bought that fit the bill but I think that at the least, I've always watched a trailer and searched for some opinions. I think the last title that I knew literally nothing about (as in not having seen any gameplay beforehand) when I bought it was South Park: The Stick Of Truth. Knew nothing about the contents of the game, the franchise and knowing that Parker and Stone were actually involved in the writing was enough for me.

... Same question :D

Edited by BillyHorrible