Guilty Gear -Strive-

Redgrave

Also, regarding the extension of the beta it'll run until Tuesday 23, 23:59 ??, meaning 15:59 ??, 14:59 ??.

And for anyone interested, so far, imo the network is running good.

From ?? (optic fiber + Wi-Fi): Middle East ✅, ?? East coast (Atlantic) ✅, ?? West coast (Pacific) ✅, Asia South+East ❎.

Unfortunately, couldn't really try ??. Don't want to try ?? because of my not that good level (started and remaining on level 6, got promoted to level 7 twice, but for a very short period).

• Like 2

Like having I-No in the game. Don't enjoy playing her. Let's see if that changes for me in Strive.

What's everyone's dream season pass 1 roster? I'm hoping for Venom, Slayer, Baiken, Justice and Kliff.  Those last two are especially unlikely but I'll take another XX character at this point like Testament, Zappa or A.B.A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Like having I-No in the game. Don't enjoy playing her. Let's see if that changes for me in Strive.

What's everyone's dream season pass 1 roster? I'm hoping for Venom, Slayer, Baiken, Justice and Kliff.  Those last two are especially unlikely but I'll take another XX character at this point like Testament, Zappa or A.B.A.

I love having I-No in the roster too, knowing that she's there. Never am I going to touch her though, I can't handle her yolo solo guitar riff mid-riff spliff type of gameplay. You really need to think in an extra dimension for her dumb stuff.

For season pass 1 roster - my main desire would be Slayer. Dandy punches ftw. Followed by Venom (of course), Johnny and Dizzy.

Baiken won't show up in Season 1 for sure, she's too waifu material for her to be released this early. Also the ones that I would personally enjoy but know they won't show up - Zappa and Order Sol. Order Sol would make no sense anymore and Zappa ... well he's cured now and is just an exposition grunt. Sad, he was super fun and whacky.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

I love having I-No in the roster too, knowing that she's there. Never am I going to touch her though, I can't handle her yolo solo guitar riff mid-riff spliff type of gameplay. You really need to think in an extra dimension for her dumb stuff.

Riff mid-riff spliff made me chuckle ? I just can never get used to her dash. She flies up off the ground in place of a grounded dash. That alone puts me off using her - it's why I don't like using Morrigan in Darkstalkers or MVC for that matter.

They have left out quite a bit of legacy characters out of the base game so the dlc leaves quite a lot of choices on the table here. I would say anyone of our guesses has a good chance.

Except Baiken that's probably gonna be like what they did for Rev-2 and just make another version of the game for just Baiken alone. That would sell copies. They know what they are doing, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I had quite a few good matches on the beta but here's my best one. I took a break from using Gio and started blessing my opponent with heavenly Potemkin Busters! 1f199.png

Giovanna : air dash, combo RC into another combo, do mixup mindplay dodge air sword trick royal (wrong game whoops) 

Potemkin : haha G R A B. 

Loved the video ?one of the best betas in recent years. Bless'em up! 

• Like 2

Goddamnit :( I so wanted to play this game sooner. Oh well...

And my bet is, they won't replace the lobbies, they will still be like that. But I hope at least they will replace that shitty whip-the-sword-out mechanic with 2D arcade cabinets or whatever.

Also well...they might need more time to readjust the damage from the characters xD although it was mad fun to go stupid OP with Potemkin in the beta.

• Like 1

Q&A from yesterday's NG+ : https://www.evernote.com/shard/s581/client/snv?noteGuid=587892a9-d1d3-4493-bd0f-a1c932e1b990&noteKey=00c18e54cd09d4c2&sn=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com%2Fshard%2Fs581%2Fsh%2F587892a9-d1d3-4493-bd0f-a1c932e1b990%2F00c18e54cd09d4c2&title=GG%2BSTRIVE%2B-New%2BGame%252B%2BExpo%2BQA%2BSession%252C%2BMarch%2B4

Important points, Arc Sys will consider to implement rollback on previous games, upon community's requests.

Of course, they'll try to do something about Strive lobbies and maybe another beta will happen before June.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nearly a month without update, time to fix this! An update for those who pre-ordered the Deluxe edition:

Release date: June 8th.

Complete cast (15 fighters) will be available + Online + Story.

https://arcsystemworks.com/guilty-gear-strive-game-mode-availability-update-for-ultimate-and-deluxe-edition/

12 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Nearly a month without update, time to fix this! An update for those who pre-ordered the Deluxe edition:

Release date: June 8th.

Complete cast (15 fighters) will be available + Online + Story.

https://arcsystemworks.com/guilty-gear-strive-game-mode-availability-update-for-ultimate-and-deluxe-edition/

The stealth announcement of a second beta just wedged in there ? 

Lobbies will be the same from what I've seen, they will adjust the visibility and a dash button...but they will still stick around. Damn xD

But I see that Ramlethal and Giovanna were the true winner of this open beta! Eager to see when the next beta will be announced :D 

I really dislike the angle they are approaching the tutorial. They should be including every mechanic in a tutorial to give new players an understanding of all the tools and mechanics at their disposal. Shouldn't have to go into combo challenges to understand mechanics. What a far cry from the tutorial included in the Xrd games.

Otherwise, I'm super excited for the second beta. ?

• 4 weeks later...