Worth 20$?

Blackmist_FFXI

So the game is on sale atm and I've played all JC games, aside the 1st and have enjoyed them decently well..

Ive heard alot of mixed things bout this entry... Was wondering if it was worth picking up for its current discounted price

I've seen it go on sale. Just bout every time i check the online shop lol

No since you’d have to spend money on season pass for hundo.

plus the game’s really bad compared to the rest. Got it for 20 myself befpre the DLCs and it’s such a drag. If you’re a similar bug fan of JC like me who absolutely loved JC3 even though everyone else seemed to hate it, sure get it for 20 but be ready to get massively disappointed.

Mayhem objects respawn as soon as you travel a little bit away from a base or a town.

The map is really boring this time around. A couple big cities, a fuckton of forest and grassy hills.

I've bought the Gold Edition. I am really disappointed of the game. Its the perfect example of a huge map that contains no content, except the three different optional side stuff (Wingsuit stunts, speed stunts and car stunts), which are the most annoying shit to complete if you are going for the plat.

I loved JC3. but JC4 was a huge let down.

Also, I had the most fun with the DLC, not with the main game. Though the DLC isnt that good either.

Edited by Mori

I got it for $23 on eBay the week before this summer sale started and have been playing it since it arrived...and I have to go with No as well.

I loved JC2, and enjoyed JC3. But this game was step in the opposite direction they should have taken. The one thing that kept me from Platting JC3 were the annoying, mind numbing challenges you had to do, but mostly because there were just too damn many of them. During my process of looking into this game, I was under the impression that the challenges were gone...that was a HUGE plus for me. Turns out, they renamed them "Stunts" and added over THREE TIMES AS MANY! You had about 150 to do in JC3...there's nearly 500 in this game. And while they're easier to do...they're still the absolute worst. 

Added to that, this game seemed to dive more into being a giant Physics based sandbox...rather than the destruction simulator the last two games were. Blowing shit up really isn't much of a focus here...you do so to raise you heat meter which you need to get to level 14 for a trophy, but if trophies weren't involved, you really wouldn't be doing much in the destruction department. I wanted them to keep going bigger with the destruction....but there's probably less to do now than there ever has been.

Plus, they got away from having things like endless C4 or grenades in favor of your tether having modded capabilities, and (the very few) weapons in the game having alternate firing modes. ALL of that would have been amazing, if they upped the destruction level. The tether mods would really let you get creative with your destruction...but because destruction isn't the center focus anymore, it just comes as bland and uninspired.

The story has had some cool points to it. But in order to do a story mission, you have to take over specific regions, but in order to tale over regions you have to do these small missions...which, after awhile, you realize you're just doing the same 3 or 4 types of missions over and over. 

And, while I'm not a graphics hound, the graphics just look off a lot of the times in this game. Apparently it looked even worse at release, so I can't imagine what that was like, It just feels like Avalanche was forced into making this game and they had no actual desire to do so. I'm going to be cautious about Just Cause 5 now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 6:05 PM, Viper said:

I got it for $23 on eBay the week before this summer sale started and have been playing it since it arrived...and I have to go with No as well.

I loved JC2, and enjoyed JC3. But this game was step in the opposite direction they should have taken. The one thing that kept me from Platting JC3 were the annoying, mind numbing challenges you had to do, but mostly because there were just too damn many of them. During my process of looking into this game, I was under the impression that the challenges were gone...that was a HUGE plus for me. Turns out, they renamed them "Stunts" and added over THREE TIMES AS MANY! You had about 150 to do in JC3...there's nearly 500 in this game. And while they're easier to do...they're still the absolute worst. 

Added to that, this game seemed to dive more into being a giant Physics based sandbox...rather than the destruction simulator the last two games were. Blowing shit up really isn't much of a focus here...you do so to raise you heat meter which you need to get to level 14 for a trophy, but if trophies weren't involved, you really wouldn't be doing much in the destruction department. I wanted them to keep going bigger with the destruction....but there's probably less to do now than there ever has been.

Plus, they got away from having things like endless C4 or grenades in favor of your tether having modded capabilities, and (the very few) weapons in the game having alternate firing modes. ALL of that would have been amazing, if they upped the destruction level. The tether mods would really let you get creative with your destruction...but because destruction isn't the center focus anymore, it just comes as bland and uninspired.

The story has had some cool points to it. But in order to do a story mission, you have to take over specific regions, but in order to tale over regions you have to do these small missions...which, after awhile, you realize you're just doing the same 3 or 4 types of missions over and over. 

And, while I'm not a graphics hound, the graphics just look off a lot of the times in this game. Apparently it looked even worse at release, so I can't imagine what that was like, It just feels like Avalanche was forced into making this game and they had no actual desire to do so. I'm going to be cautious about Just Cause 5 now. 

Basically all of this^^^. I wish I had read the forums before buying this game. The new system for taking regions is trash compared to JC3. 

I would say yes if you have the Ps4 Pro . I tried it first on my regular Ps4, looked terrible and did not run smooth. On my Pro it looks and run great and are as fun as the other ones, not a 10/10 game but still silly fun :)  I dont know if they have fixed the issues on the regular Ps4 with an update. 

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

It ain't gonna happen anyway because the 4th one bombed hard on sales.

I believe it. But the way 4's story ended almost seems like 5 could be the last game...like it's going for the big finale. So they could just make JC5 anyways to close it all off.