Censorship

Paul

3 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

How was it censored?

(to answer your question, probably not if that's the case).

The PS4 version won't have the touch and rub system or the Boobs Rock Paper Scissors System. The developers themselves have classified the PS4 version as the "Play In Front of Your Parents" version. 

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

They butchered out everything that made this series what it was :(. To answer the OP's question, I'm getting the uncensored Switch version because I'm done buying these types of games for the PS4 if Soyny is going to continue their vendetta against Fan Service titles and the developers that make them.

You're a good man. Don't support Soyny if they are going to censor games, even if it's just anime titties. In the foreseeable future, these policies will be applied to AAA titles. I don't trust Sony whatsoever. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

Will you be buying this game on PS4 despite its blatant censorship? Although I want to play Labyrinth Life, I don't intend to buy the PS4 version. I can't support Sony if the company is going to dictate what consumers, specifically ADULTS, can or cannot see in the products they purchase. It's ironic, considering Mortal Kombat 11 and GTA V are extremely violent games, yet they are left uncensored. Thanks, Soyny! 

Completely 100% agree with you. I only buy secondhand games now so Sony don't get a cut of anything.

• Like 2

This game (or type of game) has no appeal to me, but I'd probably buy it on Switch, only because this is the type of game I'd prefer to play on the go, as opposed to being tethered to a TV via the PS4.

So everyone doesn't have to go full hyperbole in describing the differences in versions, they're spelled out here: 

• Like 2

I care more about trophies than anime boobs so I'd buy it on the PS4 if I actually thought the gameplay looked good. It doesn't, just like all these games selling on sexualized anime girls. I'm fine with Sony having certain rules and standards for publishing on their platform. This isn't political censorship either or the suppression of opinions. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Imagine if people got as irate with Netflix for not hosting erotic videos as they do with Sony for not hosting erotic games

In the 90's Wal-Mart demanded "clean" versions of all music albums because they would not sell anything with the Parental Guidance label. This is when Wal-Mart was shutting down mom and pop stores left and right as they got dominated and record stores were rapidly declining.

It's very similar to what's happening here and I suspect the result will be largely similar to what happened then.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

All censorship is political.

That's the silliest thing I have read, especially within the context of rules and standards on a video games platform. Is not allowing racist trash talk or bullying in voice chat also political? Standards for product placements? Of course it isn't. It's what toxic alt-righters on the internets want you to believe so their not-so-noble agendas will seem more noble than they are. Unless you have internal documentation from board meetings then you should not call this political censorship. Shame on you for using major humanitarian issues to defend your right to anime panties. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

So, you're fine with Sony censoring games that are targeted towards adults while Microsoft, Nintendo, and Steam sell the same game untouched? Sony is being influenced by the current social and political climate. They have said it themselves before. The The #MeToo movement is influencing Sony, which I think is a weak argument. If the games pass ESRB guidelines and aren't censored on any other platform, there's no reason for Sony to intervene. It should be up to parents to monitor what their children play, not corporations. 

Should we censor first-person shooters because they might affect somebody who has PTSD from being in war? Of course not. Any reasonable person simply avoids something if they don't like it. 

I mean, those warnings are on the ESRB game box, so anyone who spends half a second looking at why a game may be rated an M by the ESRB or 18 by PEGI will understand why they shouldn't let their kids play a game like that. I don't get why SJWs have such influence on media when they are the minority in most of these cases. They could always release an uncensored version and a censored version to appease those who oppose such media being shown. It is animated media, so it's not real, it's not objectifying a real woman to show animated boobs in a video game. Even if it was live action, you need to get the consent of the actor/actress to show them nude in a scene, so while it may offend people who love to look for an excuse to censor shit, it shouldn't offend the average everyday person who just wants to play a video game. I can't say nudity being censored really affects me, but I do prefer the product to be in its original state if I am going to purchase it, I'm not phased by nudity or violence in animated media because at the end of the day games aren't a realistic depiction of reality and are used by people as an escape from their reality.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

That's the silliest thing I have read, especially within the context of rules and standards on a video games platform. Is not allowing racist trash talk or bullying in voice chat also political? Standards for product placements? Of course it isn't. It's what toxic alt-righters on the internets want you to believe so their not-so-noble agendas will seem more noble than they are. Unless you have internal documentation from board meetings then you should not call this political censorship. Shame on you for using major humanitarian issues to defend your right to anime panties. 

What are you talking about? Censorship is political obviously. Racist trashtalk even more so, bullying? Clearly. I strongly suspect you mean something different by political than I do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

There are two ways to look at this. One, they're telling you this content isn't appropriate for you. Or two, they're telling you to buy the game from a competitor. Neither makes any sense, yet they continue down this path. They clearly need to learn the hard way.

Sony isn't telling anyone what they think is appropriate for anyone. What they are doing is establishing an image and deciding what they do want and do not want to be associated with. People here stating they Sony is telling them what they can or can't have couldn't be more wrong because they're aware that other platforms exist and people can get their needs met there instead since at this point they've decided that losing their money matters little to them. 

Edited by majob
  • Like 4