Censorship

Paul

3 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Your really missing the point here about this could happen to other things than boobs and the fact other platforms are not removing content which may hurt PS5 sales as a whole, especially in Japan
Then again your using words like "tiddies: and "weebs" so i'm not excepting much from you here. What are you 10, who the hell calls them tiddies unless it's in a meme.

People who don't like depictions of female sexuality in games always default to such wilful ignorance. They also seek to ridicule the entire conversation with such childish language. Par for the course online I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fisty123 said:

Your really missing the point here about this could happen to other things than boobs and the fact other platforms are not removing content which may hurt PS5 sales as a whole, especially in Japan
Then again your using words like "tiddies: and "weebs" so i'm not excepting much from you here. What are you 10, who the hell calls them tiddies unless it's in a meme.

Sony is a platform holder and they have a right to moderate what is on their platform. Just like you have a right to complain. Just like I have a right to point out how the main people complaining (weebs) always complain about boobs (tiddies) and how hilarious that is.

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

People who don't like depictions of female sexuality in games always default to such wilful ignorance. They also seek to ridicule the entire conversation with such childish language. Par for the course online I'm afraid. 

Ah yes. Because female sexuality and problematic boob groping games are the same thing. :) you genius 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Sony are destroying the availability, validity, and thus very existence of the genre these devs want to make. Everyone involved, other than Sony and the relevant activist groups, want Sony to go back to being held accountable only to ratings bodies and so allowing these type of games on their platform unmolested. In the long run its necessary for the genre. 

I know. I mentioned this before. But from the context of this poster I got the impression he meant actual political institutions. Which, as you said, take time to be impacted (thus my "not immediately")

Just to clarify, law makers and regulators will never side against a publisher like Sony for having standards and practices for the games developed on their system. Again, if you don’t want to buy the game that is fine, but by buying it second-hand instead of on a different system the developer that was forced to essentially create a different version of their game gets nothing for it. Sony can afford to take a hit but many of these developers cannot.

3 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Just to clarify, law makers and regulators will never side against a publisher like Sony for having standards and practices for the games developed on their system. Again, if you don’t want to buy the game that is fine, but by buying it second-hand instead of on a different system the developer that was forced to essentially create a different version of their game gets nothing for it. Sony can afford to take a hit but many of these developers cannot.

I wouldn't even buy it secondhand, out if principle. Other games yes, as I don't want to give Sony any more of my money now they've moved the goalposts 

16 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

Sony is a platform holder and they have a right to moderate what is on their platform. Just like you have a right to complain. Just like I have a right to point out how the main people complaining (weebs) always complain about boobs (tiddies) and how hilarious that is.

Ah yes. Because female sexuality and problematic boob groping games are the same thing. :) you genius 

Are you claiming it's groping mechanics that are being censored only? As I have multiple examples that prove you wrong...again, wilfully ignorant.

6 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

You are really screwing the developer and not Sony. 

Sony get a cut. They get no more if my money until their policy changes. They hooked me in before the changed and have had enough money from me. 

18 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

And, they are s platform holder and should be accountable only to the ratings bodies. They can do what they like obviously, and I have the right to consider them weak scum undeserving of my money or respect.

7 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

They cut a huge amount. Both images and gameplay. Such a shame. 

I mean I guess everyone has a different opinion on what they consider a "huge amount" ^^; From the list provided on the first page it jus really doesn't seem like that much to me. Especially considering when they said this was "play in front of your parents" I figured they would jus cut everything completely but I mean it still has the bewb stuff. Look at the Z Cup Zenith trophy x3

2 minutes ago, Cephi said:

I mean I guess everyone has a different opinion on what they consider a "huge amount" ^^; From the list provided on the first page it jus really doesn't seem like that much to me. Especially considering when they said this was "play in front of your parents" I figured they would jus cut everything completely but I mean it still has the bewb stuff. Look at the Z Cup Zenith trophy x3

he does this all the time.he goes on every thread on "censorship". i guess that is what they call the very loud minority. don't take him seriously.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Are you claiming it's groping mechanics that are being censored only? As I have multiple examples that prove you wrong...again, wilfully ignorant.

Sony get a cut. They get no more if my money until their policy changes. They hooked me in before the changed and have had enough money from me. 

And, they are s platform holder and should be accountable only to the ratings bodies. They can do what they like obviously, and I have the right to consider them weak scum undeserving of my money or respect.

Are you not fully reading my posts? I have acknowledged that Sony gets a cut, but it harms developers much more than Sony to have games purchased on the second-hand market because that developer gets zero dollars for any work done on the game.

Also as a small note, it seems like you don’t like Sony. Perhaps you should consider switching platforms. Sony is not the first publisher or platform holder to have standards and practices. With any major platform you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. Calling them names on a forum that Sony couldn’t care less about is not an effective use of energy.

Do what you want but don’t complain if you choose to stick with Sony. You are only affected by their standards and practices if you continue playing on their platform.

You cannot complain if you continue to use their platform and know about their standards and practices. Also, if you are advocating for no censorship ever, that will never happen. Make your peace and move on.

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 1