KennethMcCormick

Warning: Seed of Evil - v1.09 - Game breaking glitch on Iron Mutant - CE-30028-3 error

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Issue: the game stops autosaving on Iron Mutant (CE-30028-3 error) when playing the Seed of Evil DLC, and locks you out of the Tough Nut trophy.

Workaround: to get back the autosave routine, fiddle a little bit with your team roster and fast travel to another zone. If you still get the error, try again with another character (Big Khan did the work for me).

Original post, with updates:

Bug occurred twice, on PS4 Pro, with the physical edition. [update, see below, but Game_Knot made me notice that current version was supposed to be 1.09, and my starting screen says 1.07].

Played the game + DLC in normal mode without a problem. Then went on with a Very Hard/Iron Mutant run, finished the game then started the DLC. I was doing quite fine until the first side mission, where I got a CE-30028-3 error ("an error has occurred"), plus an in game notification where the floppy logo should have been saying "failed saving out of disc space" [needless to say, I have more than enough space]. Tried restarting, restoring a cloud save, nothing worked, the game kept on giving me this error and deleting the autosave. I decided to rush the end game (no point anymore in grooming my characters for an hypothetical future DLC), with no save, but thinking it was Iron Mutant after all. Finished the game and got no trophy.

I deleted everything (game, saves), rebuilt the database and reinstalled the game. I tried my cloud save but got the same error.

So I started a totally new game, playing DLC only with stock characters on Iron Mutant, and everything was fine until the very last fight! I was almost done and the error occurred again. :( I still decided to finish, of course, but didn't get any trophy, so it must be tied to the actual existence of the autosave.

I found this thread on the Funcom forums, seems it's a problem some PS4 users have had since the beginning.

Guessed it's frustrating enough to be worth a warning.

[Update: it's definitely in the save file. I picked my original PS4 off its shelf, installed the game and tried my backup. Same "crash" after the same number of autosaves, whatever the actions or what induces saving (whether it's fighting, travelling, etc.). Will try a last run from scratch where I'll be seriously under leveled and badly equipped, but I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this one. Also posted on Funcom forums, for what it's worth...]

[Update 2: might be unattainable for now. (rant: Getting tired of being at the top of non 100% leaderboards (looking at you, Blackguards 2...) /rant). I managed to finish a run on Iron Mutant (normal), DLC only, with no save crash aaaaaaannnd... no trophy (you guessed as much, didn't you). Even did all Pripp's side missions afterwards, you never know. So either the game's heavily glitched, or they're not telling us something in the trophy description, like it should be in full run base game + DLC or on Very Hard or whatnot... I'm through with this shit, right now, I should have remembered Funcom was the guilty party for Conan and stayed FAR away, my bad. But still, I wonder how it got past QA (was it ever tested on PS4?), and how the trophy got a 0.1% PSN...]

[Update 3: might have found a solution, and maybe the cause... Have yet to finish again (again, again, again, actually). See below.]

[Update 4: the solution worked. I put it at the top of this post.]

[Update 5: error code in title for easy reference]

Edited by KennethMcCormick
Updates

That's rather disappointing an upsetting. Sucks hard that theres all these issues :/

I just 100%'d the base game not long ago. Didnt think this game was going to get dlc... Maybe a sequil. But yah..

A question if i may; did you have to start a fresh run with dlc. Or were you able to continue a old file w dlc enabled.

(( unsure if i wana do another run juuust yet from start xp )

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

That's rather disappointing an upsetting. Sucks hard that theres all these issues :/

I just 100%'d the base game not long ago. Didnt think this game was going to get dlc... Maybe a sequil. But yah..

A question if i may; did you have to start a fresh run with dlc. Or were you able to continue a old file w dlc enabled.

(( unsure if i wana do another run juuust yet from start xp )

Im about to start this dlc too continuing my very hard iron mutant run i hope i wont have any problems with it and btw latest version is 1.09 not 1.07.

You can pickup from where the game ended so no need to start a new game for the dlc.

Edited by Game_Knot

Ok, I might be getting somewhere. While wiping out absolutely everyone and every pod spawner after finishing the DLC and not getting the trophy, just in case, I got the dreaded autosave glitch again. Kept on playing and managed to get the game to save back, and then relost it and got it back another time.

Here's how I play, the sequence of events like I understand them and what I think I found (a little long, but please bear with me):

- My dream team for the whole QA Has Suffered! run was Bormin, Selma and Farrow (rush them, vine them, multishoot them while flying), they just destroy everything.

- Looks like the new flying power for Farrow is glitched, most autosave bugs I got were after using it, sometimes she just takes off for like 50 cm, sometimes keeps the wings, etc.

- I also wondered if not uprading the mutations of the teammates I wasn't using might have an effect, so I replaced Selma with Big Khan and played a little bit with him in the team. The game started autosaving again as soon as I changed zone.

- Still doesn't explain why I didn't get the trophy when I did the DLC only run.

Next step, I'll restore my Very Hard playthrough and try to get past the bug, then finish yet another time the whole game, this time using Big Khan and trying not to fly too much with Farrow...

@Game_Knot: you're absolutely right about the version, I went to check in the update history and notifications, and it says 1.09. Still, on the main menu screen, in the left upper corner, its written 1.07! Could you please check if it's the same thing with your game? (I guess yours was the digital version, since you played in June). Changed the title of this thread to reflect that.

Mine is indeed the digital version but there is no version number shown in menu top left corner for me unless im completely blind :)

Apparently some enemies respawn from main game when starting the dlc like Lux in The Castle of Light zone i wonder if this is the cause of the bug and you maybe have to go kill him again.

1 minute ago, Game_Knot said:

Mine is indeed the digital version but there is no version number shown in menu top left corner for me unless im completely blind :)

Try going into "new game", you should have Bormin and Dux only. The version number isn't written on the Seed of Evil splash screen, indeed.

3 minutes ago, Game_Knot said:

Apparently some enemies respawn from main game when starting the dlc like Lux in The Castle of Light zone i wonder if this is the cause of the bug and you maybe have to go kill him again.

Hope that's not that, I'll go take a look over there as well. Thanks. Feels like we're doing the job QA is supposed to do.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Try going into "new game", you should have Bormin and Dux only. The version number isn't written on the Seed of Evil splash screen, indeed.

Hope that's not that, I'll go take a look over there as well. Thanks. Feels like we're doing the job QA is supposed to do.

Says 1.07 for me too.

Edited by Game_Knot

15 minutes ago, Game_Knot said:

Says 1.07 for me too.

Ok, thanks.

I'm currently playing on my Very Hard save, the Big Khan trick seems to have fixed it, for now. But I'm very early in the DLC and quite paranoid about the end right now :D

Posted (edited)

Holy fuck! Got it! Didn't do everything (left some of Pripp's side missions, didn't finish police station), left some pod spawners alive, and used my favorite trio for the last fight.

Only differences I see with the one that didn't work before (not counting the autosave bugs, talking about the one that didn't crash):

- I was using the same save that I used for the original campaign (didn't just play the DLC)

- I was on Very Hard

Good luck to all with this one, and remember the method to get back the autosave if the glitch happens to you. My signature was never so appropriate, I think :D

typo

I just got the trophy too BUT i did encounter the bug right after doing Pripp's last side mission and immediately after that specific trophy popped it started with the "failed saving out of disc space error" ..... Luckily, i had an earlier save on cloud so i downloaded that and went straight for the boss without doing any side stuff and finished it without any further issues :)

1.12 is out and is supposed to address save glitches.

sp

8 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

1.12 is out and is supposed to address save glitches.

Let's hope. -

Been waiting a week for my 20$ redeem code to pick up the addon