Handyman and medic

2 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I have read accounts of trophies unlocking in custom matches. I think it was the Bill one. So it is a fair question.

I'd be interested to see these accounts, because from the various boosting message groups I'm in for DBD that tested this theory, it never worked (for the Left For Dead trophy). Those players clained they tested it since Bill's trophies are the only ones that don't have a "in a public match" in their descriptions. Also for what it's worth, the Stranger Things list all have the "in a public match" in their description, so either Bill's trophies didn't get that same uniform look or BVHR forgot to do it.

19 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I'd be interested to see these accounts, because from the various boosting message groups I'm in for DBD that tested this theory, it never worked (for the Left For Dead trophy). Those players clained they tested it since Bill's trophies are the only ones that don't have a "in a public match" in their descriptions. Also for what it's worth, the Stranger Things list all have the "in a public match" in their description, so either Bill's trophies didn't get that same uniform look or BVHR forgot to do it.

I googled it and found “accounts” as in stories of that occurring. I am primarily concerned with 99% and if it has to be exact or just close to being finished for it to count.

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

I googled it and found “accounts” as in stories of that occurring. I am primarily concerned with 99% and if it has to be exact or just close to being finished for it to count.

Not sure what language you used to google it, so links would be appreciated! I can't seem to find anything regarding KYF and the ability to earn trophies.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

18 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Not sure what language you used to google it, so links would be appreciated! I can't seem to find anything regarding KYF and the ability to earn trophies.

English, right now I am more concerned about how to match up in general. Any tips would be appreciated for public matchmaking!!

33 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Ugh not what I meant by language lol I meant what search words you used

I am not sure. It was unrelated to what I was looking for because I wasn’t concerned about that one trophy at the time. If you could give tips on matchmaking in public matches that is all I am concerned about. If it works, cool, but I didn’t claim that these stories were to be trusted. Thanks. Hope that helps.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, VoidVictorious said:

I am not sure. It was unrelated to what I was looking for because I wasn’t concerned about that one trophy at the time. If you could give tips on matchmaking in public matches that is all I am concerned about. If it works, cool, but I didn’t claim that these stories were to be trusted. Thanks. Hope that helps.

Gotcha. Yeah as far as I know, KYF mode won't earn you any trophies even if they don't say in a public match. I personally never successfully boosted with any of my partners, but I have seen proof that it works. Here's what I heard so far that needs to happen:

1. A survivor hosts a SWF group. He or she must be the same region as the killer the group is trying to match with. For example, if you're a host on the US-East coast, you're going to match up with killers from the same region. On top of that, all members of the group must be in a similar rank (maybe within 1 or 2 of another, along with the killer's rank). Do not start searching just yet.
  2. A killer then starts a lobby. He or she should load into the lobby aka over-the-shoulder view facing the campfire.
  3. Once he or she is searching, the SWF group must start searching for a game.

Those are the generic steps. Other variables might come in play, such as the time you're playing as it always affects the player queue. It's also pretty unpredictable know because BHVR's rank algorithm is atrocious for the past few weeks. Yesterday, as a rank 7 survivor, I was matched up with survivors ranked 7, 12, and 18 respectively; and a killer rank 9. Also, if anyone might across this and makes a correction or suggests another way, please correct me!

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

On 11/8/2019 at 3:57 PM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Gotcha. Yeah as far as I know, KYF mode won't earn you any trophies even if they don't say in a public match. I personally never successfully boosted with any of my partners, but I have seen proof that it works. Here's what I heard so far that needs to happen:

1. A survivor hosts a SWF group. He or she must be the same region as the killer the group is trying to match with. For example, if you're a host on the US-East coast, you're going to match up with killers from the same region. On top of that, all members of the group must be in a similar rank (maybe within 1 or 2 of another, along with the killer's rank). Do not start searching just yet.
  2. A killer then starts a lobby.
  3. Once he or she is searching, the SWF group must start searching for a game.

Those are the generic steps. Other variables might come in play, such as the time you're playing as it always affects the player queue. It's also pretty unpredictable know because BHVR's rank algorithm is atrocious for the past few weeks. Yesterday, as a rank 7 survivor, I was matched up with survivors ranked 7, 12, and 18 respectively; and a killer rank 9. Also, if anyone might across this and makes a correction or suggests another way, please correct me!

By lobby do you mean the killer gets his own room like the over the shoulder view you see when he is waiting for survivors?