The Official Next Month's PS+ Games Bitching Thread

Neef-GT5

52 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

PlayStation Plus is 12 bucks a month.

Where are you getting this? Even if you pay month-to-month (the most expensive way), it's $10 a month. So all your subsequent numbers are off even in a worst case scenario.

With a full price yearlong subscription, PS+ is 5 bucks a month. Wait for a sale around Black Friday or during one of Sony's big promotional periods and you can get a year subscription for $3.33 a month.

Edit: Partially ninja'd by DaivRules. You sneaky Shinobi you.

Edit 2: You must be referring to Australian dollars, in which case I can't dispute your numbers (I'm using US Dollars). But I can dispute that it's "objectively" a bad value. Personally I think it's worth it for the discounts and cloud saves, with a handful of good games thrown in each year as a nice bonus.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Ninja'd and dollar clarification
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

*Objectively* bad value.

Your maths is backwards, massively. You're twisting the numbers as much as you can and still come out with a small profit. 

$60 for 5 months? Well I'm literally looking at the store right now at a $59.99 12 month subscription. If you're buying the smallest option and stacking them up of course it'll be more expensive. You're choosing the most expensive way to buy Plus and cherry picking the cheapest games on the service and STILL coming out with a profit. 

Reality, even on their lowest sale price, you've attained $200.83 worth of games in that period (and games aren't on sale 24/7 so using the cheapest price is slightly sketchy but I'll run with it). That's in just under half a year, half your $59.99, so about $30. You're up $170 worth of stuff. Objectively you cannot argue the numbers. It's all subjectivity whether you personally get your moneys worth. If you think all the games are shit and don't want them then PS+ is worth -$59.99 because you've lost that money and gained nothing. If you enjoy every game then it's worth $170+. Most people don't fall in either of those camps, very rare to like every game and equally rare to hate every game.

Just because you don't like the service or don't get your moneys worth personally, does not change the objective value.

• Like 3

Everyone's saying how they got their money's worth, or you're getting given these games for free, but a lot of people don't get their money's worth or play the games unless they're giving out games like borderlands and sonic mania. So the only reason to get plus other than the games is to play online, so you're paying 60 dollars or whatever a year for playing online and getting a couple good 20 dollar games in the entire year while basically every game is garbage. I don't care what you say about the plus sales, I don't remember ever buying a game with a plus discount. Also you can probably buy a dirt cheap USB instead of using cloud saves.

Here's a 16gb USB for £6/7$

Edited by BlazikieronUS
Cloud saves
  • Like 1

PS+ Is okay.

I was a on again, off again subscriber for years. I've been going steady with PS+ for two years because everything just feels nicer when you have the service.

Having it be required to access multiplayer is why it has so many subscribers. The objective value of the "free" games is a plus. I usually enjoy 3-4 games of the PS+ line up every year. Having cload saves is nice. Have better digital sales is nice if you like digital games.

I honestly don't understand why people are mad about the PS3 & Vita games getting axed. Most months, the PS3 &/or Vita lineup was weak. It was only decent near the end but Vita deserved a better last month (can't remember what that month was but I remember the dissapointment).

I can't understand people who hate a particular month because they already own a game on it. Two games have to be chosen every month, sometimes they pick a game you already own. Be happy for the people that receive the wonderful game you supported. It's what I do when a game I have gets chosen. If you recently bought a game and it gets announced as a PS+ game, it's understandable you would be a little upset.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

For my $40 a year (who buys Plus at full price???), I’m in it for the Automatic Updates and Cloud Saves.

If I get 2-3 good games a year, then my $3.34 a month was stretched even further and totally worth it.

That’s the only reason I keep Plus. The cloud saves are a lifesaver. The games are just an added bonus for me.

• Like 1

I think the value of PS+ is not even in question especially given the price that people are willing to pay for digital games.

The last 4 or 5 months have been really good and those alone have given me the £50 back that I have paid for my yearly sub.

Admittedly there have been a lot of months in the past where there wasn't anything for me or just a load of half arsed indie games but if a number of people enjoy them then that's cool. Just because the game isn't to your taste every single time it doesn't suddenly make it piss poor. If your choice of game is some random Japanese blurb where the aim is to rip the clothes off of teenage girls then odds are you won't get it on PS+ (not even sure what that horror show I saw was on here, weird)

I think PS+ is just fine. 

It's not the best service ever, and I hate the fact that Sony made it compulsory for online play on PS4, but I consider it's very much worth it.

Most months, the games are not in my interest, or I already own them. I tend to buy the games I'm interested in. I do get to enjoy the PS+ extra discounts on the Store from time to time, and I love the cloud saves.

Regarding cloud saves, the best part of it is something that cannot be replicated with a "dirt cheap USB": it saves AUTOMATICALLY (given you have internet connection, of course).

It was a great loss when they removed the PS3/Vita offerings and gave nothing in return, but it is still worth it for me.

• Like 1

While still good, for me the value isnt as much as it use to be.  I was getting double or triple the value of the free games and discounts in the past and now for me i just about break even and semi get close to double.  I dont really care about cloud saves and auto updates those should be included for free not behind a paywall.  Microsoft still does 360 games so there was no excuse for Sony to drop the PS3 games until the PS5 came out, it just makes every month that much more reliant on good ps4 games.  Do you really think they would have dumped PES if we had PS3 or Vita games to that month, I feel most likely not.

53 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

PS+ Is okay.

I was a on again, off again subscriber for years. I've been going steady with PS+ for two years because everything just feels nicer when you have the service.

Having it be required to access multiplayer is why it has so many subscribers. The objective value of the "free" games is a plus. I usually enjoy 3-4 games of the PS+ line up every year. Having cload saves is nice. Have better digital sales is nice if you like digital games.

I honestly don't understand why people are mad about the PS3 & Vita games getting axed. Most months, the PS3 &/or Vita lineup was weak. It was only decent near the end but Vita deserved a better last month (can't remember what that month was but I remember the dissapointment).

I can't understand people who hate a particular month because they already own a game on it. Two games have to be chosen every month, sometimes they pick a game you already own. Be happy for the people that receive the wonderful game you supported. It's what I do when a game I have gets chosen. If you recently bought a game and it gets announced as a PS+ game, it's understandable you would be a little upset.

People were mad like myself because you were paying for "free" games on ps3, vita, and ps4 then all of a sudden drop two of them while also dropping two games.  The quality really hasnt picked up overall and the cost of service is the same.  How would you like to pay for something that you always get a set amount each month then they decided to take some of it away without given a discount or more quality, I think you would be pretty mad.

Edited by killerlightning
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Imo the people who bitch and complain about the free games are entitled brats. Nobody owes you anything. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who think that everything revolves around them and get pissy when things don't cater to their every whim. So you get a month where you already own both games. Guess what? There are a million other people who don't. September's free games look sweet (to me) because I've never played either of them before despite their age, but I guarantee some asshat on here is whining to whoever will listen that wah it's a shitty month and I hate/don't want plus but I'll keep paying for it wah. 

Exactly!! Constant waves of whining......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

So you want to censor the PS Plus thread to only people who share your myopic views and opinions, and will kiss Sony’s ass and dote over their every move?

This is a forum. Sometimes people have dissenting opinions. If you are going to survive, you may need to learn to “agree to disagree”.

Opinions are fine if actually argued (see person posting values et al. above). Posting one-liners such as "It's all shit" or "Great month" brings zero value to the discussion forum.

I also propose this thread apply to sales and include people listing what they're buying. :)

41 minutes ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Imo the people who bitch and complain about the free games are entitled brats. Nobody owes you anything. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who think that everything revolves around them and get pissy when things don't cater to their every whim. So you get a month where you already own both games. Guess what? There are a million other people who don't. September's free games look sweet (to me) because I've never played either of them before despite their age, but I guarantee some asshat on here is whining to whoever will listen that wah it's a shitty month and I hate/don't want plus but I'll keep paying for it wah. 

I don't know if entitled is the right word, we are paying customers. Sony has cut down on the amount of games given and for the first few months of there being less games hasn't increased the quality at all. The last few months have been better but if they took stuff away they should also give us something in return. Besides raising the price of Plus.

• Like 2

The only thing I hate is games with 5 dlcs and a season pass that’s twice the price of the game going into the store as “free”. Either you are going to cough up money for the game or you’ll have to deal with that ugly 50-60% completion sitting on your profile. (I am aware it’s still a first world level complaint lol)

Edited by DBTrophyGuy

42 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I don't know if entitled is the right word, we are paying customers. Sony has cut down on the amount of games given and for the first few months of there being less games hasn't increased the quality at all. The last few months have been better but if they took stuff away they should also give us something in return. Besides raising the price of Plus.

I think the quality of games offered is more subjective. I love some games that other people may say are garbage shovelware titles. The past few months have been fantastic yet you just cannot get away from these people constantly putting it down. To me, this screams "I'm an entitled loser who can't handle when other people like this and I have to wait for the possibility for another game to be added to my list of games I'll never play anyways." I myself am grateful we even get free games at all because one payment a year for all the stuff we do get is still going to be worth the price point. 

And everyone who is mad about the vita and PS3 being cut: seriously? You expected Sony to keep supporting obsolete consoles? I still use mine, I know they aren't completely obsolete, but it makes no sense for them to keep the free stuff coming, and that does not automatically mean "We now deserve another free PS4 game!!" The price of plus could be $60/year and you *only* get the online features. How would you like that?