The Official Next Month's PS+ Games Bitching Thread

Neef-GT5

Honestly I think unless the free monthly games were two things released that week then people would always find a way to bitch and moan. The free games aren’t the only reason to have the subscription and not everybody buys every game straight away. I think the service is absolutely fine. I’ve added every single game to my library since metal gear solid phantom pain. And the only reason I didn’t add that one was because I had already played it. If you don’t like the service, don’t buy it. Simple as that. 

8 hours ago, diskdocx said:

So you want to censor the PS Plus thread to only people who share your myopic views and opinions, and will kiss Sony’s ass and dote over their every move?

This is a forum. Sometimes people have dissenting opinions. If you are going to survive, you may need to learn to “agree to disagree”.

Loooool, an extremely agressive troll comin' to talk about free opinion on the forum, frustrated by the way he buy games at full price xD

Neef don't need to learn anything from you funny buddy

So you want to censor guys who likes PS+.... xD  xDxD

7 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

I honestly don't understand why people are mad about the PS3 & Vita games getting axed. Most months, the PS3 &/or Vita lineup was weak. It was only decent near the end but Vita deserved a better last month (can't remember what that month was but I remember the dissapointment).

-Because it wasn't replaced with anything.

-Because people still play those consoles. I play my Vita every day.

-Because it happened shortly after a price increase.

-Because in the first few months after it happened the PS4 games were unimpressive.

I still think PSPlus is good value for money (and I don't play online games at all), but I won't deny that it is objectively not as good value for money as it used to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, visighost said:

You do? I really don't mean it sarcastically/dismissively, but I'm curious: what value do you get from it?

I find that it can be useful for highlighting titles that are either lesser-known or not usually on sale. If I see someone mention a title I either don't recognize or don't remember seeing a sale before, I'll go check it out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, killerlightning said:

While still good, for me the value isnt as much as it use to be.  I was getting double or triple the value of the free games and discounts in the past and now for me i just about break even and semi get close to double. People were mad like myself because you were paying for "free" games on ps3, vita, and ps4 then all of a sudden drop two of them while also dropping two games.  The quality really hasnt picked up overall and the cost of service is the same.  How would you like to pay for something that you always get a set amount each month then they decided to take some of it away without given a discount or more quality, I think you would be pretty mad.

I was a little upset when PS3 and Vita were removed but I'm over it. Being obligated to get 4 titles for systems that most of the subscribers (not you or I) couldn't use was dragging the service down. I felt at least one system every month had a very poor list. The PS3 & Vita offerings were strange or were low-budget titles that nobody wanted. I felt Sony was just giving us the cheapest they could afford. PS+ doesn't repeat most of its titles, I feel that most games that would have made a good month were already used by 2017.

It takes time and resources to acquire PS+ games on Sony's end. I rather have Sony focus their time and resources on the console people (not us) actually own. I feel a lot of people ignored the PS3 offerings entirely because they didn't care for them.

1 hour ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

-Because it wasn't replaced with anything.

-Because people still play those consoles. I play my Vita every day.

-Because it happened shortly after a price increase.

-Because in the first few months after it happened the PS4 games were unimpressive.

I still think PSPlus is good value for money (and I don't play online games at all), but I won't deny that it is objectively not as good value for money as it used to be.

The PS3 & Vita games were replaced by extra cloud save storage. It's a really bad replacement but it's objectivity better then nothing. I play my PS3 and Vita a lot. I miss getting free titles but it was mostly stuff I wouldn't touch. I haven't played any of the PS+ games since the change. I agree on most titles being unimpressive but that's par for the course.

Objectively PS+ is still a good value but the value has gotten worse since they removed the PS3 & Vita games. I feel the intrinsic value has gone up for me. I was getting tired of PS+ releases having a lot of terrible padding so every system got something. It wasn't always terrible and some games that looked terrible turned out to be fun.

39 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

The PS3 & Vita games were replaced by extra cloud save storage. It's a really bad replacement but it's objectivity better then nothing. I play my PS3 and Vita a lot. I miss getting free titles but it was mostly stuff I wouldn't touch. I haven't played any of the PS+ games since the change. I agree on most titles being unimpressive but that's par for the course.

Objectively PS+ is still a good value but the value has gotten worse since they removed the PS3 & Vita games. I feel the intrinsic value has gone up for me. I was getting tired of PS+ releases having a lot of terrible padding so every system got something. It wasn't always terrible and some games that looked terrible turned out to be fun.

How the value gone up for you, if by your own admission, you haven't played any of the PS+ games since the change and you think cloud replacement was a really bad replacement?

Giving away extra cloud save storage is about as useful as giving away air. We weren't running out any time soon and we are some of the heaviest consumers of PlayStation services.

When it came to the Vita, I didn't mind getting obscure titles. Let's face it, the Vita hasn't had any AAA support since 2013. There wasn't many of the big releases left to give, but that's not what I played (and play) my Vita for anyway. I was given so many great games through PS+ on the Vita right until the end. Papers, Please and Iconoclasts are awesome games that I probably would never have played were it not for PS+ and we got both games as recently as December. And my wish list of 90 games on the PlayStation store, around half of which are Vita titles proves there was still a lot left to give.

And in regards to PS3 games, I don't think anybody could argue that Zone of the Enders, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Amplitude are filler and we got all 3 of them in the last 2 months of the service.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

How has the value gone up for you, if by your own admission, you haven't played any of the PS+ games since the change and you think cloud replacement was a really bad replacement?

Giving away extra cloud save storage is about as useful as giving away air. We weren't running out any time soon and we are some of the heaviest consumers of PlayStation services.

I don't understand why I feel like the intrinsic has gone up for too. May I value not having to read the names of 4 extra games a little too much. To be fair to the recent PS+ games, I've wanted to play some but haven't gotten around to it.

Fudge the extra cloud storage.

9 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

When it came to the Vita, I didn't mind getting obscure titles. Let's face it, the Vita hasn't had any AAA support since 2013. There wasn't many of the big releases left to give, but that's not what I played (and play) my Vita for anyway. I was given so many great games through PS+ on the Vita right until the end. Papers, Please and Iconoclasts are awesome games that I probably would never have played were it not for PS+ and we got both games as recently as December. And my wish list of 90 games on the PlayStation store, around half of which are Vita titles proves there was still a lot left to give.

And in regards to PS3 games, I don't think anybody could argue that Zone of the Enders, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Amplitude are filler and we got all 3 of them in the last 2 months of the service.

The closet thing to a triple A title I bought for my Vita Persona 4 Golden. I don't mind obscure games at all. I felt a couple games on most of the months felt like shovelware.

The last months had some of the best games. I like Iconoclasts, Papers, Please stresses me out in a fun way, Roundabout is fun but a trophy hunters nightmare, Steins;Gate is a visual novel classic, Metal Gear Solid 4 is a iconic PS3 title, and Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma was a good game. Everyone always remembers the good games and forgets about the bad stuff. I don't blame anybody for forgetting about all the bad. Between March 2016 and May 2018, most months were very bad for PS3 and Vita. There was the occasional VVVVVV but most of the stuff I refused to touch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cckerberos said:

I find that it can be useful for highlighting titles that are either lesser-known or not usually on sale. If I see someone mention a title I either don't recognize or don't remember seeing a sale before, I'll go check it out.

Thanks for answering - I love it as well when people recommend titles and say why they do, but, well, people who are just buying the games now typically haven’t played them, so I still don’t see the value. Unless, again, they explain what led them to the purchase (e.g. “I read this was a great twin-shooter similar to Jydge”, not the often-seen “I had $5 left in my wallet so I picked up that game”).

I posted my indie recommendations for a while, but they appeared ignored (no likes or quotes, so unsure if anyone cared) so I stopped.