"Theoretically" missable (time consuming) trophies?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

Two questions.

I was wondering if there are any trophies which you should be aware to work on them as soon as possible in order to not lose any good chance to achieve them and not turning them in time consuming trophies

Like: "Completing all the challenges" which includes "Kill Jimmy Jenkins at least one time", good occasion I have already lost in a side quest where you have to gather Data Echo for a Doctor and you don't have to gather the last one to get a chance to spawn Jenkins..)

Well, I haven't read that part on the trophy guide here so I have already completed that side quest ahah and I'll look on YouTube another spawning spot for Jenkins 

In the meantime I'm using every type of elemental weapon in order to kill enough enemies and deal a lot of damage with that element to farm the challenges about (and I actually don't even know if the elemental kills are required for the trophy).

Speaking of Challenges, another question: I've barely looked at the trophy guide which is very detailed but I thought it was a quicker and faster game as all the other open world of the previous years... I'm at level 34 right now, when I'll unlock pink Challenges? Pink Challenges are just the progression of a Level 5 Challenge? "Complete all the challenges" trophy is the most grinding and time consuming one right?

I hope I've been clear enough in what I'm asking since I don't have enough time for computer today lol thanks 

I tried farming that Doctor's Orders mission spot and couldn't get Jimmy to spawn for like 3 hours lol I got pissed off so I just moved on and finished the mission. Usually he spawns in any Hyperion containers (yellow crates) so a good spot to farm would be Opportunity. When I get bored with doing the other missions, I'll try and farm that for a couple hours at a time. EDIT (8/12/19): not sure if it was my luck, but I did the farming trick in opportunity today. On my 7th or 8th reload of Opportunity and opening up crates, Jimmy jenkins popped up!

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "Pink Challenges" as you call it...

But to answer your overall question, no there are no missable trophies in the base game. Enemies respawn so you're able to farm them for challenges. I think there's only an exception to a few select bosses.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit
  • Like 1

There are no missable trophies in this game if you play solo but getting Jimmy Jenkins and Michael Mamaril to spawn are the most tedious and time consuming parts of the game, since their spawn rates are ultra low and can take hours for them to show up. If you play in Co-Op, then the location trophies are missible/glitched since your friend can inadvertently screw things up for you by discovering an area before you get to it and thus have it not count towards the relevant trophy. The vast majority of the challenges will come normally if you mix up your weapons and playstyle on a regular basis so just enjoy yourself and forget about that trophy :).

Also, I have no idea what the "Pink Challenges" are so can't help you there. EDIT: Are you referring to the Seraph Crystals challenge? If you are, then that's a DLC challenge and not required for the Platinum.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Speaking of Challenges, another question: I've barely looked at the trophy guide which is very detailed but I thought it was a quicker and faster game as all the other open world of the previous years... I'm at level 34 right now, when I'll unlock pink Challenges? Pink Challenges are just the progression of a Level 5 Challenge? "Complete all the challenges" trophy is the most grinding and time consuming one right?

The only challenge I found especially tedious was the one for close-range shotgun kills. You need 750 of them to unlock another set of shotgun challenges. I only had like 150 after finishing the main campaign.

There's also a challenge which requires you to get 200 indirect rocket launcher kills, but that can be accomplished in like 20 minutes by revisiting a level with lots of varkids over and over. Nothing else too bad for the challenges.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "Pink Challenges" as you call it...

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/59-borderlands-2-trophy-guide#21-challenge-accepted

Pink = need to complete this challenge to lvl 5.

I've just read the guide lol indeed there are no text in game with pink colour...

20 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

close-range shotgun kills

Yeah I got some of them but not voluntarily.

The way to count this challenge you have to kill the enemy in close-range with shotgun when he's not aware of you, after you have received damage from him as counter attack or you simply need to kill him by staying very close to him?

Sorry for question but when I play a game and I really like it, I usually don't care too much for trophies (thankfully I still feel the "old-school fun and fashion" of videogames I like back when they didn't have trophies lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There are no missable trophies in this game if you play solo but getting Jimmy Jenkins and Michael Mamaril to spawn are the most tedious and time consuming parts of the game, since their spawn rates are ultra low and can take hours for them to show up. If you play in Co-Op, then the location trophies are missible/glitched since your friend can inadvertently screw things up for you by discovering an area before you get to it and thus have it not count towards the relevant trophy. The vast majority of the challenges will come normally if you mix up your weapons and playstyle on a regular basis so just enjoy yourself and forget about that trophy :).

Also, I have no idea what the "Pink Challenges" are so can't help you there. EDIT: Are you referring to the Seraph Crystals challenge? If you are, then that's a DLC challenge and not required for the Platinum.

I have discovered the Terramorphus nest thanks to joining a friend's game. I asked to kill him in order to help me level up a bit (I'm level 34 and I don't have so much time to play since I have luckily found a job, I'm sorry for this method ahah) but he anyway didn't manage to kill him.

I'll anyway play it offline considering your warning about discovering new areas and I'll look better at trophy guide (I know there's a missable in last DLC released)

I have received a weapon from Michael the first time I went in Sanctuary lol (you can see from my trophies I started the game July 7, I've reached Sanctuary on July 9 and I usually talk to everyone in open world games if someone has some hidden side quests, and he spawned the first time). I'll search a video for a better location of Jenkins 

Pink challenges are so called in trophy guide, look at my reply above 

5 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Pink challenges are so called in trophy guide, look at my reply above 

They're just color-coded by the author for ease of viewing. No actual "pink" challenges in the game. I think the author colored them for the purpose of needing to complete that challenge entirely to unlock another.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZionAxis said:

They're just color-coded by the author for ease of viewing. No actual "pink" challenges in the game. I think the author colored them for the purpose of needing to complete that challenge entirely to unlock another.

This^

The colour coding is purely an artistic decision by the Guide author and isn't in the game itself so just complete Lv5 of the 2 specified challenges and you will be golden :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

The way to count this challenge you have to kill the enemy in close-range with shotgun when he's not aware of you, after you have received damage from him as counter attack or you simply need to kill him by staying very close to him?

You just need to be very close to the enemy when you make the kill, there's no requirement to be stealthy or receive damage first. Basically you need to be right up in the enemy's face for it count as close-range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/59-borderlands-2-trophy-guide#21-challenge-accepted

Pink = need to complete this challenge to lvl 5.

I've just read the guide lol indeed there are no text in game with pink colour...

Ah gotcha you were going off the guide. Yeah as others have mentioned. Getting really close to the enemies and blasting them will count. It doesn't have to be stealth and you can take damage. Again, the trick is though that you have to basically be up in their face when killing. Being a few feet away won't count. Luckily, I played through the first portion of the game running nothing but rocket launchers and shotguns to account for these challenges early. And again you can go back to early areas in the game where enemies are low-leveled if you need to grind them out.

• Like 1