All Boss Fights | Normal Mode (Tips & Strategies)

rubhen925

Hey guys, I compiled a video on all the bosses in the game on Normal. You can't choose a difficulty when you start the game. Some fights can be super easy with a certain set of weapons and some can be a nightmare as you need to run around the whole level to destroy targets that make the fights easier. The final fight is probably the hardest as the 2nd phase is incredibly cheap with the missile barrages.

I'm probably not the best person to give advice as I made a ton of mistakes and still don't understand some bosses, but at least I can tell you what not to do.

Hell mode is probably going to be reliant on how well you can dodge and change between guns. For your first time fighting these bosses I suggest learning them, instead of saving POWs and going for other collectibles. The reason being you can come back with better weapons to make the fights much easier. I sadly make the mistake of going for the collectibles in these fights which makes the actual battles much longer than they need to be.

Recommended Guns to be Investing in:

The Machine Guns are the best light guns to take for fights as they are pretty OP once you get the later guns. They deal incredible damage and also can stun lock most enemies. Energy Round version are ideal for most armored bosses.

The next to invest in are the Bazookas. Hands down the best weapons to do solid damage to most bosses and enemies in general. I highly suggest having multiple loaded to your heavy gun slots.

The other weapons are nice to have, but in terms of DPS, these two guns types will have you get through the game easily if you invest in them.

All Boss Fights (Video):

Timeline:

1) Boss 1 | DORSEY - 0:08
2) Boss 2 | Mobile Armors (Shack, Paul, & Randy Models) - 1:51
3) Boss 3 | CASTINA - 14:52
4) Boss 4 | OLAJIAWON - 16:20
5) Boss 5 | COMMAND CRUISER - 23:55
6) Boss 6 | CASPARAITIS - 28:55
7) Boss 7 | WARNER - 43:28
8) Boss 8 | FIGHT HOUSE - 50:22
9) Boss 9 | DORSEY & CASTINA - 56:44
10) Boss 10 | RICHARD HAWK - 58:14
11) Final Boss | Ultimate Weapon - 1:05:53
12) ENDING - 1:11:00

Boss Tips & Strategies:

1) DORSEY | Boss 1

This is the first boss in the game, and is found at the end of San Francisco level. When you are playing the game for the first time, you won't have too many guns unlocked, so I highly suggest bringing bazookas and missile launchers into this fight to shred the boss down. If you can save up your bazooka ammo for this fight. It will be tempting to use the bazooka ammo for the tanks in the level, but try saving it for this fight. Another easy way to deal with this boss is to save your blaze ability which will melt this boss.

If you farmed and invested in research, try bringing guns with energy rounds to make it easier for you. The boss itself isn't that difficult. It will either charge at you, shoot a laser, or shoot missile barrages. All of these attacks do a ton of damage, but you can hide in corners and shoot the boss so it's not too difficult.

2) Mobile Armors (Shack, Paul, & Randy Models) | Boss 2

This is probably one of the longer fights, because you will need to destroy all the targets in the map. If you don't destroy them the 3 bosses will end up being invisible for most of the fight. As soon as the fight starts dash left or you can instantly get killed by their missile barrages. From there go around the map destroying the targets, while dodging the bosses. Every time your blaze fills up, use it on the bosses and then back to target hunting. Once all the targets are destroyed, time to face the bosses.

Blaze is the easiest way to deal with them. If not, bazookas, and energy round assault rifles and machine guns also do the trick. Make sure to shoot their missile barrages or you'll be out of health before you know it. Try go in and out of cover. Also the final one always likes to get stuck in walls so that can help too.

3) CASTINA | Boss 3

A really easy boss. Shoot the missiles, or strafe left and right to dodge them. Then hit back with bazookas and energy round gun of your choice to melt this boss. Not much else to say. In the Grand Canyon, don't stay on the bridge as the boss can blow it up.

4) OLAJIAWON | Boss 4

This is another boss that can't be touched unless you clear the map of targets. The boss will drop seeker mines drones, so make sure to dodge or destroy them. Once all the targets are down, the boss will strafe from one side to another on the map, dropping bombs and missiles. Use Bazookas, as your machine guns and assault rifles might not have the range to hit the boss. Hide when the boss is not moving and shooting its guns. The best time to attack is when it is moving and you can shoot from under the boss. Other than that, go around the map while the boss is not moving and gather ammo and shield.

5) COMMAND CRUISER | Boss 5

Honestly, this is an easy boss. You should have some powerful bazooka weapons and energy round machine guns. Just destroy the targets and the boss will go down pretty fast. You don't even have to try here. You deal so much more damage than what the boss can dish out. Be careful not to get hit while flying over water as if you fall, you'll die and have to restart the level

6) CASPARAITIS | Boss 6

Let's just say, I hate this boss. You have to go around the whole map and destroy the targets to slow down the fire rate of the boss. The laser beam will kill you instantly as it can stun lock you. Getting close to it is not an option as well, because the boss can use its legs to smack you aside. Overall an easy boss to deal with if it didn't have the laser attack.

So go around dealing with the targets and then target the boss. Bazookas and snipers work well here for the boss. You don't have to take down the giant fortress as once you eliminate the other targets the boss slows down and won't fire as much. So you can shoot from a distance and wreck the giant hunk of metal.

7) WARNER | Boss 7

The boss doesn't aim at you, but instead at the Statue of Liberty. I highly suggest bringing a ton of Bazookas, and energy round machine guns. This will make this fight go super easy. I got lucky here as I was literally at the final stretch of land before I got a game over screen. Don't be like me :)

8) FIGHT HOUSE | Boss 8

This honestly made me laugh, but it's actually an easy boss. Get Bazookas ready and shoot the missile launchers that open up. Their locations are top left, middle, and right. Just wait till they open up, get close and shoot the bazookas. Make sure to not hit other areas as if the health bar on the White House goes down, you get a game over.

A couple shots of the bazookas and the missile launchers break down. Destroy all 3 and the fight is over. Make sure to clear the area of enemies as they can be a nuisance.

9) DORSEY & CASTINA | Boss 9

At this point, these two should be a piece of cake. As usual bazookas and energy round machine guns will wreck them. Don't be too careless as the DORSEY laser beam can take a huge chunk of health from you. Other than that, nothing noteworthy.

10) RICHARD HAWK | Boss 10

This boss is a 3 phase fight. Before you get into the fight, make sure to equip yourself with a MG200, and its variants. The reason being, the boss is quick to dodge bazookas and so having dual machine guns will take him out quick.

In Phase 1 the boss will be in the slots area, just dashing around. Use dual machine guns to stun lock him and push him into phase 2. He can break out and hit you with his own machine guns, but it's highly unlikely with two machine guns at the same time.

In Phase 2 he will be in the sky, and will try to electrocute you by hitting areas covered in water. Again with dual machine guns you can easily ground him and stun lock him to phase 3.

Phase 3 is the same as before where you can stun lock him, but he will get to a point where his health won't drop and will slowly start walking towards you. At this point use your blaze if you have it, because he is about to activate his. If you don't have blaze. Jump in the air and fly around in circles around him. If you get hit by his blaze, it will stun lock and kill you, so be extremely careful. Once he runs out of Blaze, drop to the ground and spam the machine guns to finish him off.

11) Final Boss | Ultimate Weapon

Another 3 phase fight. Last one is a joke imo. Phase 1 is a tank phase. We know how this works by now as we fought 3 tanks bosses already. Do not use any guns with energy rounds as the boss has a shield that blocks all energy rounds. Also using Blaze doesn't help as the shield will mitigate 90% of the damage from Blaze attacks. Use Bazookas and machine guns that use standard ammo type and pelt the boss. The boss has a tendency to shoot missile barrages. If this is too much to handle, head to the second floor and jump up on the platform. From there it is easy to shoot the missiles down.

Once the boss has half health he will turn into a CASPARAITIS looking mech. This is the most dangerous enemy type in the game. Because not only do you have to hit his head (The one part with the red glowing eyes) to damage the boss, but the boss can shoot insta kill lasers and infinite missile barrages. Best strategy is use the same spot mentioned above to shoot bazookas and use the machine guns to shoot the missiles headed towards you. Again easier said than done, but after a couple retries you will learn a pattern. I don't do this till after beating him the first time. Also using the SC-RH sniper rifle will speed this part up, but trying to get a perfect sniper shot while dodging missiles is a huge no no for me. So slow and steady is the advice I can convey.

Once the boss loses all his health, he will go into phase 3. All you have to do is keep shooting the boss till the health reaches 0. You have to do this before the timer runs out or you'll get a game over. You don't even have to try here lol. That's pretty much it, as once you beat this phase, you can enjoy one of the cheesiest endings :P

Hope this was helpful!

If I can complete Hell mode, I'll make another thread with updated tips. I already am finding more stuff that is better as I play more.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubhen925 said:

Only fight I hate is the final boss. Hate phase 2

Yeah, it's a pain especially since he can one shot you right after the cutscene before you can even move if you're standing in front of him. Love the game overall though. 

Edited by Killbomb

For those having problems with the last boss or the medal of honor trophy there is a fairly easy way to cheese it, just mimic what you see in the video. this works for hell mode as well.

The gun set up is MG200/EN machine guns for the mobs and a pair of M72A3/BU Bazookas for the boss. Do not use your special attack until the final phase.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fleks_Mhteam said:

For those having problems with the last boss or the medal of honor trophy there is a fairly easy way to cheese it, just mimic what you see in the video. this works for hell mode as well.

The gun set up is MG200/EN machine guns for the mobs and a pair of M72A3/BU Bazookas for the boss. Do not use your special attack until the final phase.

Thanks for the video. You can also grab the offensive augment in the crate up there in the hiding spot to make it go faster. 

• Like 1