Hardest boss

dannyswfc9

Sorry if this as been posted before but cant find another thread on it

Ive been discussing with my brother about boss battles. Personally i think the valkyrie queen in god of war is hands down the hardest boss ive faced in gaming. 

Most other bosses have a certain technique or way of beating them but of the randomness of her attacks and so many you cant block or avoid it makes it so frustratingly hard to defeat. Plus a few hard hits and your almost dead

I would like to know what bosses other people think are the hardest. Ive never played any dark souls games but people say the valkyrie queen is harder than anything they have seen in dark souls

3 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Agreed. It was so satisfying when i finally beat the bitch down.

I think i gave up too quickly which is suprising because not alot normally beats me in gaming. If i got back on it, it would taje a while getting back used to the controls and stuff. Might give it another try one day because its the only trophy from the plat

Kind of a toss up between Ludwig from The Old Hunters Bloodborne DLC and Jetstream Sam from Revengeance. At least in terms of boss fights that I actually felt like they were hard and not just had annoying gimmicks or attacks that make it seem hard. But Ludwig was pretty rough especially when in his second phase where he gets his Moonlight Greatsword and the choir in his boss music kicks up.

For Jetstream Sam I remember getting stuck on his fight when I first played it. I feel like they made it where healing items show up in his boss arena more since when I first did it I barely had any healing items and that's what made me stop playing for a bit. I probably just didn't have enough but I don't know. I still found it to be hard at the time.

• Like 1

Demi Fiend in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

This is one of the bosses I could never beat. As a matter of fact, I can’t name or remember any other boss I haven’t beaten. This is a long time ago though, with some internet help I could probably do it today.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

Shao kahn mk 2 dang when i was a lil G it was hard to beat him i needed the blessings from the elder gods.

Omega weapon ff 8 without using the end or god potions was also nuts.

Mk 9 300th floor tower battle.

Ff x Penance without using yojimbo.

Neverwinter Orcus solo as a gwf

Edited by Sagaan

Here are a few.

Mr. Sandman (Title Defense Mode) - Punch Out!!! (Wii)

Mr. Sandman is the final boss of Punch Out. He doesn't have any gimmick that makes the fight difficult, he is just really fast and hits like a semi-truck. I was using headgear (the you suck, have some help item [it's obtained from losing 100 fights; I lost 100 times way before reaching Mr. Sandman])  to reduce the damage I was taking and the fight still left little room for error. It took me about a week to beat him. At that point, I memorized the fight because I lost so much.

On a side note, I haven't fought Mike Tyson in the NES Punch Out. It's on my bucket list.

Vamp (Extreme) - Metal Gear Solid 2 HD

He was just impossible to hit near the end of the fight. I discovered a glitch that let me stun lock him with the homing rocket launcher at the beginning of the fight. For some reason the game has terrible slowdown if you look into the water with the homing launcher during the fight. I was able to lag the game so much by spaming rockets that the invincibility frames would expire but Vamp wouldn't move much. I was never able to drain the full life bar but I was close by the time Vamp got unstuck. I got lucky with a rocket and he died.

Rei Ryghts (True ending route) - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

She is the final boss but Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is a JRPG so she can be level passed being a major threat. I didn't do that and decided to win using skill and tactics. It didn't go very well the first dozen attempts. She is a two form boss and I had to beat the easier first form everytime I lost. I finally won using Iris Heart's EXE Drive (EXE Drives at super powerful moves that use their own meter) despite being hesitant to use it since she wasn't part of my strategy. I decided to go for it because Rei's turn was next and she gets HP regeneration on her turn.

Goro Akechi - Persona 5

I was under level for most of my Persona 5 playthrough so it was a bit challenging. I remember the fight being hard and it's another second form boss. My party got wiped except Joker. I realized that one of Joker's Persona was immune to every attack he had, so I went from getting bodied to slowly chipping away Akechi's HP because I was invincible.

Ulysses - Fallout New Vegas ~ Lonsome Road

The Lonsome Road DLC is the hardest DLC in Fallout New Vegas. Ulysses will attempt to bore you yo death with prolix speeches throughout the DLC. If you survive those, he is the semi-oppional boss. If you fail to get him on your side, you're forced to fight him. Has perfect S.P.E.C.I.A.L and is really hard to kill. He has medical eyebots the will continuously heal him too. I won first try but it was a very long fight. I remember using about 100 stimpacks in that fight alone.

Legate Lanius was going to be picked before I remembered Ulysses. He's tough and hits hard but can be avoided with a simple speech check. I fought him once because I was curious and I was shocked by how hard he can hit.

Your Parents? - htoL#NiQThe Firefly Diary

The boss in question doesn't have a official name or I just couldn't find it. The boss is simple and only requires you to play 2 mini games 24 times. The mini games are a simple 3 card suffle and a "have the correct answer fly across the screen and pick the correct one". At first the mini-games are slow but they speed up over time. They get so fast, they become nearly impossible to track with the human eye. Fortunatly, you can be wrong 3 times before dying; everything else in the game will kill you in 1-hit. You also get a check point mid-battle.

This boss is difficult in casual play because the end is just luck with 33% & 25% odds of being correct. Sadly, there is a trophy that requires you to not be wrong once. You can cheat by using a recording device to record every mini-game (you can pause during the fight) and playing it back at ¼ speed until you're confident in your answer. Almost every guide will encourage using this method.

I played all Darksouls games and similar ones, but the hardest boss for me is not from those games, it's from Dragons Dogma's DLC,

Spoiler

Daimon, the second time you fight him.

This boss is just ridiculously hard and gets nearly no damage if you're not completely prepared for him!

Also, Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age has an infuriating 'boss' with the additional 100 trials. The last floor made me go insane.

Spoiler

The five judges you have to fight are no fun AT ALL. Even with every team member on lv 99 these guys are just crazy strong. Not to mention that your team gets weaker with every floor you complete. Sadly that's not all, the last two standing judges just throw unlimited elixirs at each other, healing them completly. Pure madness.

Hardest boss ever? I'd go with Tartarus in Halo 2 on Legendary difficulty without using a cheese. That fight was the bane of my childhood. Runner up would probably be Ugh Zan III in Serious Sam on Seriously difficulty.

Those are both because of the difficulty setting though; they are pushovers on easier difficulties. Without a difficulty modifier, I'd say Slave Knight Gael Orphan of Kos are the clear winners in Soulsborne, Valkyrie Queen Bitch in God of War is a tough one, and lastly, Genechiro from Sekiro because of the difficult learning curve.

• Like 2

i'm hestitant between 3 boss fights because they were all insanely hard for different reasons (all are solo'ed)

1:

boss: ethereal queen 

game: start ocean the last hope.

special circumstance: deal the deathblow with lymle and beat him within 10 minutes

explanation: the ethereal queen is the strongest superboss in the game by far and is located in the second (and last) post game dungeon of the game called the wandering dungeon. the wandering dungeon has 20 floors and obviously the EQ is located on F20 on all the even floors you will fight a boss (however the EQ is the only hard one) and the odd floors will have a random challenge picked out of iirc 3 possibilities, of which 1 is taking a lot of time. so the main part why this one is so hard is because of the major punishment when you lose: the WD itself is easy enough that you can expect to reach F20 with little trouble, however, to reach that point you have to play about 5-6 hours on average, which can vary in hours of time both more and less hours depending on which challenges you get on the odd numbered floors. and the thing is, you can't save in the wandering dungeon so you have to do this all in one run and death means everything you did was all for nothing and you have to start over the whole thing. you can leave voluntarily to keep the stuff you found but this also means you have to start from floor 1 again. as for the fight itself, there are several things that make this one quite hard: first of all, the boss itself is quite powerful. one of her attacks supernova is powerful enough to easily 1 hit kill your entire party, you can still switch players after but that still costs time and making mistakes often means you die again. but besides the raw power and obviously the pressure of dying and being forced to do the WD all over again. there are a few other things, you need to do more then winning, you have to do it within 10 minutes and deal the deathblow with lymle because there is a battle trophy (not to be confused with trophies) in game you will only get when you win the fight that way. and there is a trophy you will only get when you have collected all 900 battle trophies. so first of all, lymle is a very bad character for this challenge, the only good abilities she has are fire elemental but the EQ is immune to all elements, in other words you can't expect to win within 10 minutes while using her as your character, so you have to let some other character beat her up instead and switch when she almost dead, but the thing is the EQ has no health bar. so you kinda have to guess when to switch, so doing this too early measn you don't get it done within 10 minutes, and doing it too late means the deathblow isn't dealt by lymle. and even if you manage to win the fight but didn't meet those requirements you are forced to restart the game because if you try again she is literally twice as strong so you literally can't beat her within 10 minutes.

2:

boss: four kings 

game: dark souls 1

special circumstance: level 1 challenge on new game +

explanation: most people probably are aware of the difficulty of souls games, so imagine playing the whole thing at level 1. now imagine this is just the easy part since new game + is a LOT harder. usually my hardest boss of the game is dragonslayer ornstein & executioner smough. but because of the massive health and wide range of unforgiving attacks (which almost all of em 1 hit kill you) the four kings is easily the hardest one imo. usually blocking with your shield is the best way to prevent damage, but because all of his attacks (including his common sword swings) include magic damage you still get damaged when hit even if blocked. and you can switch to a better fitting shield but thats at the cost of stability which means your stamina drains much quicker when hit. and you can't take your time either because he will duplicate with getting a sword in your ass in the process. so rolling is the preferred option so you nned to time it really well in order not to get hit, and you need to know very well how his attack patters work or otherwise you can't roll right or you get blasted by his AoE attack or humanity grab which are both using up a lot of range. 

3:

boss: rajang

game: monster hunter freedom unite

special circumstance: G rank gathering hall solo

explanation: monster hunter is a quest based game in which you get promoted to higher levelled quests when you complete the "urgent quest" which you can only unlock by winning several "key quests" the level of a quest is measured by an amount of stars and a bunch of those levels together are either low ranked, high ranked or G ranked. the difference of strength between the ranks is a lot. the majority of teh quests are "hunting quests" which means you get sent to a map where a boss monster lives and you have to kill it. there are all kinds of monsters but teh hardest one i have beaten till now is the rajang. it might not look like much but it's way stronger then several (gigantic) elder dragons i've already beaten. there are 2 main questlines in the game, you have the village questline and the gathering hall questlline in the village questline everything has to be solo'ed and in the gathering hall you have a choice to solo but you can also team up (max 4 players) as you might expect, the gathering hall questline is a lot tougher because its difficulty is kinda made for teaming up. however i always like to do it all solo and i only even consider teaming if i have completed a quest at least once. the main reason why it's so hard i because he has a combination of great speed, and great strength, he also has a lot of moves which vary from all kinds of directions meaning theres almost no safe spot where you can hit him. which means he's very hard to dodge and when he hits it's for a very great chunk of your health bar. have to say there are much more extremely hard quests i still plan on doing ?

obviously i was really happy when i cleared these bosses under these conditions ?

Edited by yiazmat50112254

Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1, I struggled and never won on normal difficulty and can't imagine how he would be on proud or critical modes.

Spiral draco in Tales of Vesperia on difficulties higher than normal. I struggled on easy and normal with all my characters level 200 and having the hidden weapons, so this boss on chaos mode must be almost impossible without some special strategy and skill.

Not next to impossible, but Penance in FFX was really hard and needs so much grinding and preparation beforehand with maxing stats and getting ultimate weapons, which are hard to get with those annoyingly tough mini games. The Yojimbo method is probably the best way but still needs a lot of gil. 

Trema and Chac in FFX-2 remasters's Via infinito: I beat these two as I had mastered all the dresspheres but they were really difficult, especially with the cat nip trick no longer usable. 

For the normal entry... Perfect Urizen in dmc5, Hell and Hell mode.  Jesus getting S rank on that one was horrendous

For a tricky entry... Orphan of Kos on a bl4(lowest blood level run). That fucker can one shot you no problem unless you are on your guard at all times. Better learn your parries son! 

• 9 months later...

Apart some superbosses from RPGs like Xenosaga Ep II, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Valkyrie Profile series and the more recent Armored Core and Souls series bosses. I remember these ones:

Baal (Final Form) (from Grandia)

I was underleveled and with few healing items, plus you can't exit the area to explore the world once you're in the final dungeon. Hard times, really hard, i just gave up until more recent times. You should have seen my face when i discovered there was another quite boring boss after this....

Orgulla (Xenosaga Ep II)

More or less the same as above. Also Xenosaga Ep II doesn't even have item shops... I remember i've restarted the game from the beginning.

Added recently:

Parace l'sia (Arcana Heart 3)

Crazy cheap boss with damn powerful attacks. I had luck.

The Flower (Drakengard 3)

No comment, watch a video.

Edited by DeathNyx