Hardest boss

dannyswfc9

For me is the secret ending of Armored Core: For Answer. It was made by the Dark Souls guy, can't remember his name, so the whole game doesn’t fuck around. But the final secret ending is, if you take all the “evil” missions, the main factions in the game all decide that you’re too dangerous to live and send their top pilots to assassinate you.

It's a 1v5 battle where your opponents are all exceedingly different enemies as far as weapons and resistances go.

Feedback, just use energy weapons and run away all the time.Reiterpalasch, heavy ballistics with stun, same with Stasis. Ambient is pretty easy if you stay focused on her. But then you have all four PLUS your operator in a heavy energy resistant AC and it’s just impossible to build anything to take them all on without being lacking in one area. There’s no pattern to learn, no timing to get down, no gimmick to figure out, no special item to use. It’s just a straight up 1v5 fight against enemies every bit as strong and fast as you are. That mission was brutal. 

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 1

Going to go with one that's already been mentioned a few times.

Route D's boss in Drakengard 3. Even with the videos I wasn't able to beat it, and this is coming from someone who was pretty damn good at DDR on controller, and it keeps me from the plat. It's the only game on my list I can't actually complete the story in, meaning I didn't drop it due to just not caring or getting bored.

• Like 1

Orphan of Kos, Slave Knight Gael and Darkeater Midir in soulsborne. 

Isshin. 

Almost all online bosses in Armored Core Verdict day, as if fighting them isnt enough, you need to get lucky to actually fight them in the first place and also need a good team of other players. 

Edited by Ptirle

Not sure if anyone mentioned this one or not, but a really tough boss for me was Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! Man he mopped the floor with me so many times before I finally beat him. Not to long ago I found this website that let you play classic NES games. I booted that game up and made it a couple matches in. Didn't take long before I just put the code in to fight Tyson. I think I lasted about 5 seconds. Was a nice trip down memory lane when all the neighbor kids hung out in my basement watching each other try to beat him.

• Like 1

It's a toss up between Oryx, The Taken King, Aksis Archon Prime from Destiny 1's Wrath of the Machine raid and King's fall Raid or Riven of a Thousand Voices from Destiny 2's Last Wish Raid.

ALSO SPECIAL MENTIONS TO VAL CAL'OUR IN SPIRE OF STARS 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxgTK2dHGis&t=252s 
like its trying to perform surgery on top of a moving semi truck

super bosses and final bosses in single player games are one thing; but have any of you guys tried taking down a space dragon genie, while trying to simultaneously solve a "into the looking glass puzzle" while trying to shoot its eyes. or trying to call out colors while trying to keep track of a teleporting cyborg while trying to juggle additional enemies

It took my team like 7 hours to complete King's fall Raid with half concentrated on Oryx himself. Like half the boss is platforming, while trying to shoot down mini bosses and trying to kill him.

like try looking up any of the raid guides for any of the raid bosses for Destiny

Valkyrie Queen on give me god of war difficulty NG. 

Pretty much 1 or 2 hit dead, without time to heal if survived a hit. I really enjoy a challenge, this was one. 

Fector from stardew valley's prairie king without getting hit.

Edited by Reinachii-

Furi - The Burst (on Furier difficulty).

Probably not the hardest I've ever dealt with, but certainly somewhere in the top 10. Her final stage is absurd. Fortunately, the soundtrack is so good, you almost don't mind retrying.

The optional bosses in Rogue Legacy are also a nightmare.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

General from Kaiser Knuckle (Global Champion) has to be THE one. Shao Kahn? Rugal? Here is someone even worse. General is overpowered AF and I guess the hardest boss in fighting game history. You'll agree once you've seen his multi-way projectile that redefines cheap. If you even reach General, godspeed.

Look at that 2-hit combo that does 50% damage (a bit after 0:33 in the below YT video). Ridiculous. Anyway, LordBBH has managed to get him 32 continues later. Respect for anyone who takes General down. You need some good combos and apparently luck. General's AI is like a TAS player. It seems that not only does the CPU read your inputs like MK2/3, but it also tries to adapt to your patterns.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:43 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Demi Fiend in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

This is one of the bosses I could never beat. As a matter of fact, I can’t name or remember any other boss I haven’t beaten. This is a long time ago though, with some internet help I could probably do it today.

Took me 3 goddamn attempts but i beat it! Back in the day i can honestly say i mastered DDS. Loved it like no other game. So cool.

My pick is Ozma from FF9 on PS1 only.

Even with auto life, lvl 99s, thievery at 9999 etc it can still 1 shot you. Randomly. It also changes its attacks i heard depending on your setup. 

The remastered version on PS4 makes him a cakewalk but the original is horrible RNG. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

Took me 3 goddamn attempts but i beat it! Back in the day i can honestly say i mastered DDS. Loved it like no other game. So cool.

My pick is Ozma from FF9 on PS1 only.

Even with auto life, lvl 99s, thievery at 9999 etc it can still 1 shot you. Randomly. It also changes its attacks i heard depending on your setup. 

The remastered version on PS4 makes him a cakewalk but the original is horrible RNG. 

Nice. If only they would remaster those old SMT games. I would buy those games immediately. Ozma is easy ?.

Came to see if Drakengard's Route D Boss and the Demifiend were mention.  Was not disappointed.

Going to throw in a few I haven't seen mentioned:

Omega from Mega Man ZX.  This duel was intense.  Went in with full health and three tanks.  Even after learning the patterns and when to attack, on my clear I still barely made it out alive.  He hits hard.  But it doesn't feel cheap.  Everything is avoidable.  And it's one of the funnest fights in the game.

Samudramon and Kuzuhamon from Digimon World Next 0rder.  This is the last thing standing between you and the final boss.  Like most good dual bosses, they compliment each other.  Samudramon has melee skill and is up in your parties face while Kuzuhamon stands back and blasts you with magic.  Even using ExE it was a tough fight.  Honorable mention to Dianamon and Minervamon, but they're post game and optional and when I got to them my party was hilariously broken.  Didn't even need to use ExE.

Imperialdramon PM from Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth.  Unlike those other two fights, this one is unfair.  He's way, waaaaaay too fast.  And he does a Bahamut where he counts down and then blasts you.  His stats are lowered after that and that's when you're suppose to attack.  If you survive the initial onslaught.  He's the postgame superboss, I get that it's suppose to be tough.  But that just isn't fair.

I haven’t played many challenging games. The only boss fights that were somewhat difficult are all from Dark Souls 3 (and these become fairly easy when attempting a few times, dodging is really good on that game).

Pontiff Sulyvahn

Dancer of The Boreal Valley

Nameless King

Sister Friede

Demon Prince

Darkeater Midir

Dancer of The Boreal Valley was quite difficult to defeat but after many attempts I literally realise you have to dance with her in order to defeat her, it was a really fun boss fight. Or him.

Nameless King just has a horrible camera angle when locking on which is a huge thing to do in Dark Souls.

Sister Friede has 3 boss phases so my mind was blown away when I THOUGHT I defeated her on the second phase, realising I used all of my Estus Flasks (heals).

I never even defeated Darkeater Midir cause my sword was doing nothing to him even though I had a very high level and he’d get extra attacks when you deplete half of his health bar AND the camera angle when locking on is terrible too cause he’s a massive MASSIVE dragon. Also I thought it was difficult to read his attacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Drakengard 3's final boss is up there certainly. Doing it yourself is hellish especially due to the fact there is a secret note (why?) at the end that you have no way of knowing about. I had to find a Niconico video (I'm sure it is on Youtube now) and like many, followed the video's prompts of when to press the button to clear it. So you're there, hoping you started both the fight and the video at the same time, and staring at it doing your button presses for what feels like ages as it goes on for several minutes. 

On 01/06/2020 at 11:15 PM, Ptirle said:

Almost all online bosses in Armored Core Verdict day, as if fighting them isnt enough, you need to get lucky to actually fight them in the first place and also need a good team of other players. 

This is my answer too. I should know as I did those bosses with Ptirle here (hello mate) which was quite an adventure.

• Like 1

Guess playing as Casca in the endless eclipse mode. Berserk: The band of the hawk isn't particulary difficult in itself but goddamn does Griffith dole out some cheap shots. Pours transparent explosive balls in the arena and Casca is strictly a close range character (and possibly the weakest overall character at that) and just eats shit all day. Only reason I beat it was because the super meter goes up slowly when you're at critical health.

Also I guess Shao Kahn from mortal kombat 9 challenge tower. Challenge 300 had me pretty close to having the tv exit my premises. 4 battles to whittle down your health slowly but surely culminating with the bullshit that is Shao Kahn himself. I was about ready to drink bleach just to have some relief from the pain.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

Sorry if this as been posted before but cant find another thread on it

Ive been discussing with my brother about boss battles. Personally i think the valkyrie queen in god of war is hands down the hardest boss ive faced in gaming. 

Most other bosses have a certain technique or way of beating them but of the randomness of her attacks and so many you cant block or avoid it makes it so frustratingly hard to defeat. Plus a few hard hits and your almost dead

I would like to know what bosses other people think are the hardest. Ive never played any dark souls games but people say the valkyrie queen is harder than anything they have seen in dark souls

It’s gotta be the Demi Fiend from Digital Devil Saga. Most frustrating boss ever. Frey’s from Star Ocean 3 on 4D difficulty is another one; you screw up your bomb timing, and you die in one hit.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:34 AM, Sanetsuken said:

Guess playing as Casca in the endless eclipse mode. Berserk: The band of the hawk isn't particulary difficult in itself but goddamn does Griffith dole out some cheap shots. Pours transparent explosive balls in the arena and Casca is strictly a close range character (and possibly the weakest overall character at that) and just eats shit all day. Only reason I beat it was because the super meter goes up slowly when you're at critical health.

Ah, Femto. Bunch of cheap-ass crap. Thankfully, patience won the day on that one.

Edited by starcrunch061

For me, it was definitely the Mysterious Figure as Terra in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. It wasn't so bad with the other characters, but it was extremely hard with Terra. Thankfully the fight is over pretty quickly when he mops the floor with you, so it's not like you waste 30 minutes on each attempt or anything... but man was he a bitch.

• Like 2

Infamous my hard run, final battle with kessler seemed to go on forever, died countless times and just couldn't get a strategy going to beat him, I thought it was just me but read on guides other people had similar trouble.

Sly 3 giant carmelita boss time challenge, felt this challenge was tougher than it should have been, time constraint coupled with dodgy grapple when climbing made this one meh

Resident evil 5 playing professional against Ndesu my co-op partner and myself died a shit load of times against this brute, funny thing was we kept going back for more until we finally got him, we'd been playing the game every night for weeks to the point we couldn't wait to get on and play again in the evenings after work. the relief, celebration when we finally killed him felt pretty good at the time, not something you feel from games often.