3D Games - What's your impression?

daniel_flavia

I was in NY a while ago and entered a Sony store, and there i saw with my own eyes...a kit including a 3D monitor, 3D glasses and some 3D games.

I bought immediatley, and came back from this trip thirsty to play with it.

After a while, the 3D feature start to became just ok, and then a while ago, I just quit playing games using the 3D monitor and came back to my TV, wich is bigger and easier to handle. And the glasses are unconfortable, you couldn't use it for too long.

My impression is that 3D games are not that impressive to customers anymore, and the games are not coming out with 3D like it used to be. Correct if I'm wrong. I think Studios are leaving this feature.

What do you think? Do you play on 3D?

Its better play on 3D?

3D features will die eventualy?

Does it will strive and make a comeback again?

Any 3D games that you recomend? (I have some)

Long live Sony and PS!!!!

Edited by daniel_flavia

Personally I never liked 3D whether on games or movies. It's never been that impressive to me and I it puts a lot of strain on my eyes.

The only 3D things that I actually liked was the "Hubble" movie on IMAX 3D and one of the pirates of the carribeans I watched on 3D.

Avatar had some o.k 3D but still prefer normal HD

I've played a few 3D games and seen a few 3D movies that were genuinely improved by the 3D experience but it isn't something that I will sink my money into, and I think developers are realizing it was more of a fad (for videogames anyway) and aren't spending time developing 3D enabled games. 

Parker

I play games in 3D, well that is what games support it :P I like it much more then simple ways. Ofcourse I need to take more breaks from gaming since a 8 hour long gaming session with 3D would hurt too much :P

you're absolutely right, i think nobody could handle more then 2 or 3 houra playing with 3D glasses, it wears your vision of and make you a little dazzled.

• 2 weeks later...

The only game I ever played in 3D was Motorstorm Apocalypse. It adds that little extra to the game, but the glasses are not comfartable and the room must be completely dark for a good 3D experience ... all in all to much hassle for a little visual boost.

It's annoying to me as I wear glasses so on top of them I have to wear these others.  It feels like a bit of a gimmick to me, like Bolloxx said, it's even starting to wear off at cinemas and most of the time when I decided to go see 3D there, it was only for the better quality picture.

A bad headache... *Answering your topic question. I played Dead or Alive on a 3DS a while back and got a large headache shortly after.... I hate 3D all together, I don't even like watching movies in 3D... But it's nothing special.

Edited by SuperDorkyGrl94

I don't have a 3D TV, but I do have a 3DS and whiel many say having 3D on is supposed to let you judge depth in platformers, I didn't see how. I never have the 3D feature on when I play my 3DS as it just makes everything blurry.

Super Stardust HD is insane. I think PS3 games take to much of a resolution/framerate hit for it to be the definitive way to play. I think if the PS4 can pull of 1080p 3D, it will convince more people. The degrade in visual and gameplay quality was just to much for this gen hardware.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1