Worth Purchasing Vita Still?

RealCheato

Hello, I am relatively new to trophy hunting and I currently only have a ps4 pro. My current job is extremely laid back and has constant downtime and I was thinking about purchasing a Vita to earn some trophies while I sit here. I read that sony has stopped producing them which I am fine with, but I don't want to sink $100 into it if they will be shutting down online at all so I can't earn any trophies. What do you guys think?

For trophies, no.

For when your sitting here doing nothing, yes.

There's already so many ps4 games for trophies as a starter itll probably take you a long long lonng time.

If anything get a ps3...

Yes, I think it’s still worth getting a Vita. Especially if you can play on the go (or at work :P). I can’t do either but got one anyway last year and haven’t regretted it. I already got more games than I can play on it.

I’m pretty sure you don’t have to be afraid of online shutting down and trophy support pulled. It should be all connected to the other PS systems but then again I don’t know the ins and outs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Aggreshun said:

Hello, I am relatively new to trophy hunting and I currently only have a ps4 pro. My current job is extremely laid back and has constant downtime and I was thinking about purchasing a Vita to earn some trophies while I sit here. I read that sony has stopped producing them which I am fine with, but I don't want to sink $100 into it if they will be shutting down online at all so I can't earn any trophies. What do you guys think?

If you’re looking for something more fun go with the switch or 3DS.

However, if you want the vita for trophies you should probably get it, and I wouldn’t worry about online as there’s no way it’s closing in the next 2 years at least.

I would say - check games for vita and if there are games you would like to play  then get it. Online shouldn't be closed in some time, and at least for me there isn't a lot of games with online features.

I already own vita and 3DS and I'm really mostly playing on psv. There are more games that are interesting for me (I'm not really interested in Marios or Zeldas). That's why I'm not even considering Switch.

And you can always use vita as remote play.

Yes it is. Its great for hunting. And if you love JRPGS there are tons.?

There no worries about sony killing the service to is. Heck sony keep there psp sony slowy going nearly 8 year after it stoped production.

MP groups are still around on some game. You can easy find them.

And i will say they games digitally go on sale all the time. But if you go down the digital root. There a small hidden cost for a chip. The biggest is 64gb and it 100$ so look into that.?

PS: Also if your in the US Gamefly work super well for get vita VN that you can blast thougth. 

• Like 1

if in the states, gamestop, amazon, ebay

problem with the last 2 is you don't know what condition the vita may be in. gamestop you can inspect the console before purchasing

if can import, they still have new vita's i think. play-asia the way to go though the buttons are reversed on X and O which can easily be fixed via settings.

Edited by lordguwa

Okay, I don't own one yet myself. However, if trophy hunting is your thing, I also would like to point out that there are quite a few games that come as a cross-buy; in other words, you pay the same price for a game, and you get a PS4 version of it, as well as the Vita version! I do believe that 90% of the time, these cross-buy games have separate trophy lists, meaning you can platinum the same game twice ??

I have such a backlog of games that I bought with cross-buy! When I eventually get one, I'm going to level up like 5 levels in a week's time ??

10 hours ago, Aggreshun said:

I read that sony has stopped producing them which I am fine with, but I don't want to sink $100 into it if they will be shutting down online at all so I can't earn any trophies. 

PlayStation Network is one unified service across all of Sony's platforms. You have nothing to worry about. Shutdowns are game specific only and do not affect the platforms themselves. In short, if Sony were to shut down PSN on one system it would shut down across all of them.

And to answer your question, yes, it is absolutely worth it.

Edited by Stocking
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Aggreshun said:

I love the vita, and it definitely didn't get the success it should have !

It really worth it considering you have all this "free" time.

And even more interesting if you have PS+ since a long time ago, and took the vita games even without having one => Now is the time to finally do them for "free" ^^

I got my first Vita more than a year ago (the Fat one), then got another one a few months ago (the Slim one) and never once regretted the purchases (each time I got pretty good deals around 120 dollars with memory cards and extra games). The only downside is that the right analog stick might have been faulty in the Slim Vita as it broke down after a very short time - the repair was the third of what I paid for it - so you should test it well before buying (the right analog is actually harder to test as not every game makes use of it). 

• 3 weeks later...

I am adicted to trophy Hunting and I got my own Vita very recently and I LOVE IT

I mostly got it for Persona 4 but I've played a few other titles already such as both GoW games.

Besides the Vita has a few crossbuy titles that have helped me to double my trophies...

For Example, Super Weekend Mode is a $5 game with a 15 minutes platinum. Buy it on your Vita and you'll also get it for PS4 with a separated trophy list.

But cheap Platinums aside, I use my Vita when someone else in the house is using the PS4 to keep working on more trophies

It also comes with a built in game. Welcome Plaza with a short trophy list for you to get started on some trophy hunting before getting a game.

For the trophy hunting aspect it's sooo worth it!

But for general entertainment I just preffer to buy the games on my PS4 for better quality

And of course I cannot leave aside the posibility of getting trophies while traveling in the bus to another city or something 

• 2 months later...

Just bought more Vita games myself, definitely worth it!! But I do always worry if the thing decides to die on me and leave me with all those vita games. Vita are pretty rare, perfect ones at least.

I wouldn't. Most of the Vita's must-have games can be found on the PS4 or 3DS, and both of those consoles have way more exclusives.

The Vita is only good to me for Resistance Burning Skies and Persona 4 Golden. Resistance may be a permanently dead franchise, and Persona 4 Golden will probably make it to either PS4 or PS5 since a Persona 3 remaster will likely happen.