Worth Purchasing Vita Still?

RealCheato

honestly the Vita kinda really sucks, i can tell why it didnt do too well and why Sony pulled the plug on it, in western regions anyway

besides the problem that it is very prone to stick drift,

the library is abt 95% animu/weeb/VN games

i think in general anime is kinda cringey so i tried out playing a lot of vita games but deleted them usually within a few hours or even minutes out of embarassment. btw most ppl in japan shun anime so it's not a controversial thing to say. if anything anime helps ruin the otherwise interesting image/perception of japan, and most vita games do just that

games id say are worth playing are Need for Speed games, Danganronpa games, Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, DOA5 Plus, and Vasara Collection (if you like shmups) but you can play those on consoles as well. some games i havent played yet that look cool are Soul Sacrifice and EDF games and other stuff i probably missed

above all those it's worth it for Muramasa Rebirth alone which is one of the finest games ive played, arguably the #1 reason to get a Vita at all, especially since Persona 4 Golden is now on PC but that game the epitome of weeb games i think, deleted that game within 4 minutes. Muramasa Rebirth on the other hand has amazing art direction and soundtrack as is usual from the studio and great gameplay and an actual decent and beautiful presentation of japan and japanese culture unlike the average vita game. it's only on Vita (and wii but it's an inferior version and barely anyone plays their wii anymore).

if you're some trophy hunter you can pretty much disregard everything i said above and go for it i guess. plenty of ppl who get VNs they plat in like a few minutes when they dont even bother reading or cant even read Japanese at all

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD

Definitely great fir earning trophies from some fantastic  games. A great thing is hardly any of them need an internet connection so the trophies rarely become unobtainable. I still use mine regularly. You’ll have several years worth of great games, especially if you love JRPGs like me.

Only real downside of getting one so late in the lifecycle is that there are rarely PSN sales for VITA games these days.

recommend games like Persona 4, Tokyo Xanadu, Dragon Quest Builders, Criminal Girls, Hyperdimensional Rebirth games, conception 2, blue reflection, Gal Gun, Mary Skelter Nightmare, Wotld of Final Fantasy, Trails if cold steel games, plus ratchet, sly and Jax games...just too many to remember. Maybe check my profile and filter for VITA games.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I'd buy another one for backup if I could find a decent to new one now. So yeah, it's totally worth it! Nothing more amazing than playing PS4 games in bed.

I bought my Vita 4 months ago and I do not regret it. Sure it's no portable PS4 but still I had fun with a few games and will have that in the future too. 

Games I can recommend so far are:

- The Unfinished Swan

- Monster Bag

- Uncharted Golden Abyss

Don't mind to recommend me some if you know any good.