Which suggestion/update do you want to see on PSNP first?

Mori

Which suggestion/update do you want to see on PSNP first?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Which suggestion/update do you want to see on PSNP first?

• The Ribbon System
    • Backlog on Profiles
    • Fixing Auto-Updates for everyone
    • Finishing the Series
    • White List for Trophies / Games
    • Option to remove completed games from gaming sessions
    • Unattainable trophies color coded and tagged
    • Fixing the Rarity Leaderboard
    • Improved Milestones

I'd like to see the game series finished first before anything else. I loved the idea when it was presented then partially implemented, but it stopped there ?. I like to hunt for 100% for all games in some particular game series and that feature would be nice to search for ones I don't currently have or to decide which one I can go for next.

Next in my priority list would be to fix the rarity leaderboard. That meaning fixing individual trophy lists rarity issues caused by cheaters and worldwide/by nation rarity leaderboard by removing cheaters from those. Don't mind what formula Sly comes up to calculate points for a rarity leaderboard, it's fine as long it follows the guidelines of "rarer trophies = more points".

3 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

When does this poll end because currently the most useful choice is winning. Admittedly that means jack shit but it looks good at first glance.

I would like to give it a week, some people may be in holiday or had no time to check it yet.

Well, yes it could mean nothing, but I think its worth a try at least. Maybe Sly already has a list about all the changes and suggestions that were presented in the past. Maybe he cares / maybe not. I would be very pleased if he could at least give a short statement on all the suggestions that are presented here, if they are possible and can be expected or not. That would at least end to some extend the repeating of the same suggestions.

11 minutes ago, Mori said:

I would like to give it a week, some people may be in holiday or had no time to check it yet.

Well, yes it could mean nothing, but I think its worth a try at least. Maybe Sly already has a list about all the changes and suggestions that were presented in the past. Maybe he cares / maybe not. I would be very pleased if he could at least give a short statement on all the suggestions that are presented here, if they are possible and can be expected or not. That would at least end to some extend the repeating of the same suggestions.

I am just playing pal. I think you are right, just something from him would at the least end the constant whining threads about the same things.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

1 week? You’ve got 115 votes and almost 300k members, is there any real reason to close it at all? Leave it open and see if stuff changes over time. 

Fair point but perhaps that shows the amount of people who actively partake in the forums is a lot lower than it used to be?

Interesting poll though. The 2nd most voted choice is for some pretty colours to be added to certain things. Not sure what people's thought process is in regards to usefulness but we shall see how this pans out.

• Like 1

The backlog feature is by far the one I'd most like to see added. This site has so many great aspects - gaming sessions, guides, forums, etc. and it's a real shame to limit their integration on your profile to only games you've already played. Then add in other potential bonuses like sharing your backlog to coordinate future play and you've got a winner.

• Like 2

Thank for putting up this poll. It will give a nice general idea of the popularity of these different suggestions.

The suggestions that are leading the polls are very sensible additions imo. But I think we should keep in mind that in the end it is Sly that will decide what he wants to work on and if some features are even something he wants to add at all.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

1 week? You’ve got 115 votes and almost 300k members, is there any real reason to close it at all? Leave it open and see if stuff changes over time. 

Sorry, should have been clearer about this. I didnt plan on closing the poll, actually I didnt know this option was even available. The poll can be used by Sly, to see what suggestions are the most wanted by the community. I think, one week is long enough, to at least get a picture of whats actually the most demanded right now, so Sly can decide if he wants to give us a statement about those suggestions and if there is a chance that they could get implemented or fixed. 

31 minutes ago, Only1Tommo1 said:

All well and good doing a poll, but 

1. is the person/persons capable of implementing this gonna see it?
  2. is the person/persons capable of implementing this gonna give a shit?

1. I'll try or make sure that he gets notified about this thread at least. Maybe he saw it already.

2. I dont know

Edited by Mori

my two cents on all of the proposed improvements with a couple added suggestions/ideas at the end...

1: The Ribbon System

have no use for this feature...i agree with someone earlier that emphasizing imaginary cutoffs to give people a bunch of ribbons seems like the end result would just be to devalue the ribbon system much in the same way people feel the trophy system now is devalued...whole thing just feels kind of cheesy in a gymnastics participation ribbon kind of way...

2: Backlog on Profiles

also have no use for this feature...i could spend a whole day uploading my backlog to my account but I'm sure in the end I'd just end up deleting them off my system...my ps3 and 4 can only handle so much data at once and i have to wonder if they would disappear from my backlog here if I uninstalled/deleted the lists from my consoles...if so, then the backlog system would just bother me since it would be kind of pointless as it would basically just hide my F-rated games...if not, then it would just be like a wish list system which I'm not a fan of...i try to keep 0% games off my account so I can focus on the game I'm playing with the limited free time I have...i like that currently my trophy list data and stats are automated and anything user dependent doesn't interest me...

3: Fixing Auto-Updates

i think this would be nice if it leads to accurate stats...i believe it might also fix the "underground" rarity leaderboard...not much one to pay attention to stats but inaccurate stats on a site that emphasizes stat tracking seems odd...additionally we have a team dedicated to removing cheaters yet this effort is wasted if the latter remain part of the stat tracking...

4: Finishing the Game Series update

no interest in this either...if I care about a series, i'll already know this stat...if I don't care or a series has a lame title in it (like metal gear survive) this stat will just kind of annoy me...i also don't tend to stack games (again, limited free time, would rather play something new) so seeing all of the potential trophies will do nothing for me...much like the ribbons, I'd prefer if this was optional...better yet, put links to the project platinum threads instead and people who care can sign up for the series stuff and even get badges in the process...no need for those of us who don't care to have them prominently displayed on our profiles...

5: White List for Trophies / Games

i was told that this will likely not be implemented so perhaps a better idea would just be to clearly define what happens with these kinds of games/trophies...right now, I'm not really sure if there's a clear stance...run like the wind comes to mind here...

6: Option to remove completed games from gaming sessions

another feature I don't have much use for...i actually look through the sessions (my favourite part of the site) to offer help with games I've already completed just as much as I use them for creating new ones so having completed games appear is a good thing in the way I use the sessions...

7: Unattainable trophies color coded and tagged

something that identifies unattainable trophies quickly would be nice...on the .org sister site it is often displayed at the top of a guide in bright red and I'm a big fan of this simplicity...

8: Fixing the Rarity Leaderboard

much like the ribbon system, imaginary cutoffs and falsely inflating stats around these cutoffs doesn't appeal to me...to me the average rarity stat on the stats page is about as good as it gets...i have (lazily) thought about a proper formula that avoids the imaginary ranges/extrapolation but haven't come up with anything suitable with my limited intellect...

9: Improved Milestones

sure...i don't really ever use these so an option to remove or fully customize them would be good...i think one trophy cabinet is enough and that customizing milestones could combine the two...it could also be an added feature for premium members...non-premium get 10 customizable spots...premium get 50 or something like that...

10: Others

it appears the ignore user feature doesn't actually ignore users properly so this being fixed might be a good idea...have no use for this feature since I've never blocked/ignored anyone but in an age where privacy control is emphasized this functioning properly would be ideal...

I may have suggested this a while back but I'd like to be able to see people's active gaming sessions, whether i own the game(s) or not, on their profile in some form somewhere...that way I can see if someone I've had a good boosting experience with and I may have other games in common or also be able to weed out those that tend to be serial joiners/creators...very low priority...

expandable stacks on the home page...i've seen a few complaints about ratalaika in particular flooding the home page or newly added trophy lists...what if games with repeat lists were displayed as one and had a clickable "+5" or something that could expand them to show the available regions/stacks?...can't say I've ever even noticed the "ratalaika flooding" just offering up a potential solution...

game ratings and deals...it would be nice if we could click on links that lead us to a review page for games we are interested in...i'm guessing there would likely be debate over which review website to use, people vocally against a game's rating, and possible trademarks to consider...it might also be cool to click on a game and get an amazon link or "on sale now at xxxxx" notification...again, might have trademarks involved and could also be difficult to track down availability in all regions...

overall, I think I like simplicity and when things function properly so things that keep the site tidy (or at least the option to choose tidy) and functional are what I would like to see be given priority...i do also think that all these changes should be dependent on what a majority of users want...i recognize that I might be a minority in these parts and that's fine with me...this is the best site of its kind so I'll be satisfied with whatever manifests (as long as I have the option to toggle it off...haha)...keep up the good work guys and gals!...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1, 3, 9, 7. In that order. I don't really care to much about the other things.

[1= ribbons, 3=Auto updates, 9=  improved milestones, 7=colour coding unobtainable trophies]

Of course it's not just importance that is, well, important when deciding what to do first, but ease of implementation. Meaning if you could do preference 2+3+4 in the time it takes to do number 1 then working on the first preference would no longer be the preferred option.

Still, useful poll thank you. 

Hey @Sly Ripper,

as you can see, we voted on the most requested suggestions from the past couple months (& years). As it stands atm, Backlog on Profiles is the most requested one, followed by colour-coding unattainable trophies and fixing auto-updates for all profiles. 

I would like to ask you, are these suggestions possible to fix/implement and would you do so if possible?

Well I think fixing a functionality that just don't work right now is more important than implementing something new. The numbers in rarity are just wrong so this feature is useless atm for the job it should do. ppl who don't know about that rely on wrong assumptions and ppl who know have to look at a broken feature they want to use but can't.

oc this only makes sense together with autoupdate.

but after that I'm most interested in a white list bc I really want that platinum in GTA5 but right now I stay away from that just to be sure.

broken and buggy trophies in the lists are great as well, right now I have other sources for that, and I never rely on only one source for this problem. It would be just an add on to that for me.

for everything else I already have my own google doc like a table for backlog, series aso, I don't need any of this. IMO finding games or series is pretty easy right now, except for MAYBE a japanese game with kanji tiles or something. 

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhunting

On 8/15/2019 at 10:31 PM, Mori said:

Hey @Sly Ripper,

as you can see, we voted on the most requested suggestions from the past couple months (& years). As it stands atm, Backlog on Profiles is the most requested one, followed by colour-coding unattainable trophies and fixing auto-updates for all profiles. 

I would like to ask you, are these suggestions possible to fix/implement and would you do so if possible?

You gave it a shot, and I commend you for it. 

But given a week has passed and there hasn't even been acknowledgment, I doubt anything will come of this. 

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...