[EU] Check your emails. 25% code off Summer Sale items.

Mohd_AAAA

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

No code for me, checked the source of the message and there is nothing there. I do have the "more games added" mail, there's just no code below it, seems there is some sort of ruleset that only gives some people the code.

I tried viewing the source but found no code. Download the mail as a .eml and just drag it into chrome and you should the 10 digit code 3 times total.

I had to download Thunderbird to save mail since it wasn't a option in web browser.

When i read the mail in browser it said nothing of an offer or a code. So don't worry if you can't see anything just do what mention above and you should see one.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

I downloaded Thunderbird on my computer and viewed the email as plain text and there was the 25% off code! It really makes you wonder how often this sort of thing happens. In the end I got a physical copy of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and the Season Pass for just a couple of dollars more than the sale price of a digital copy of just the base game so I’m pretty damn happy with that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I tried viewing the source but found no code. Download the mail as a .eml and just drag it into chrome and you should the 10 digit code 3 times total.

I had to download Thunderbird to save mail since it wasn't a option in web browser.

When i read the mail in browser it said nothing of an offer or a code. So don't worry if you can't see anything just do what mention above and you should see one.

I thought I tried it all, but apparently saving the eml through 1 email app is different from another one. Tried thunderbird, and now I've found it.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I downloaded Thunderbird on my computer and viewed the email as plain text and there was the 25% off code! It really makes you wonder how often this sort of thing happens. In the end I got a physical copy of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and the Season Pass for just a couple of dollars more than the sale price of a digital copy of just the base game so I’m pretty damn happy with that.

How do you view an email as plain text on Thunderbird?

37 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

How do you view an email as plain text on Thunderbird?

In the main menu, 3rd menu "View", then 11th entry, something like Content (I'm translating roughly from German), where you can switch to plain text view. Switch back once you're done.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

In the main menu, 3rd menu "View", then 11th entry, something like Content (I'm translating roughly from German), where you can switch to plain text view. Switch back once you're done.

Thank you, I finally managed to find my code using Thunderbird.
I'll have a quick look on the store to see if anything takes my interest and if not i'll give it away to someone else to make use of.

For reference I had to switch to plain text in the "Message Body As" section under the View option.

Edited by Martain2

I can confirm aswell that by installing Thunderbird, I was able to see the code using the steps reported here. ?

Also the 25% discount code applies to every single item available on the store, it's not limited to the games available during the Summer sale.5j04czq.png

Edited by wickenex
  • Like 1

I'm unlikely to use my code anytime before the expiry date so have decided to host a giveaway in the following thread, anyone here is free to enter for a chance at one (or another) discount code.

The giveaway will be open until sometime in the evening (UK time) on 14/8/19.

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I'm unlikely to use my code anytime before the expiry date so have decided to host a giveaway in the following thread, anyone here is free to enter for a chance at one (or another) discount code.

The giveaway will be open until sometime in the evening (UK time) on 14/8/19.

Nice, thank you for this giveaway?

On 8/10/2019 at 6:49 AM, Lance_87 said:

Excuse me but don't you americans get similar things maybe 2-3 times every year? I think the last time we europeans have seen discount codes was years ago...

nope not exactly.

the last time the U.S. got any was from watching game trailers on some playstation side site, which i believe the last time that happened was the end of march or april last year. it does sound like its been longer for you on your end if that's the case. the only other instance people received a discount code in the U.S. was for people that bought that black friday spider man ps4 bundle. 

Just now, filipefmir said:

I saved the email and opened on chrome but in the code place it appears "None Avaiable", i contact PSN support from Portugal and they said that didnt knew about any of these codes...

I realy want to buy the rdr2 game, can any1 help me?

Thats what i did. You don't see a 10 digit code repeated 3 times in total?

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Thats what i did. You don't see a 10 digit code repeated 3 times in total?

"

Um incentivo extra só para ti* Para te agradecer pela tua preferência, filipefmir, queremos dar-te um desconto extra de 25% nos artigos das Promoções de verão no teu carrinho da PS Store. Basta usares o teu código pessoal em baixo, válido até às 23:59 BST do dia 21/08/2019. Termos e condições completos http://click.playstationmail.net/?qs=0592ae6340783aa194e842d15f3b44d8d56cb10d17322446d92a5036e2b392aa991deda3daeea34542187e669e780d81d1d89368c031b2cd aqui .

None Available

http://click.playstationmail.net/?qs=ebdc622059eee52cb0cdfa767db7b8987cc7d9f0f90424cb6e051cd5d183404b616ee5443d2fa0ef3487132e49d08700446f8634779e4bf6 Poupa ainda mais

Thats what appears on the code space "None Available".

7 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Thats odd, my only guess then is that maybe Portugal didn't get a code. There is a code giveaway here  in the forums somwhere that you could try and enter.

Some of my portuguese mates get the code but not me, i cant enter on giveaway bcz i didnt have the 25 points on forum to enter on giveaways but thanks anyway :)

Edited by filipefmir
missclick
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, filipefmir said:

Some of my portuguese mates get the code but not me, i cant enter on giveaway bcz i didnt have the 25 points on forum to enter on giveaways but thanks anyway :)

Well if other from portugal are getting it so should you. Have tried viewing the mail as plain text in a email program? That's the other option to get it to show up. Thunderbird works for this since most people in the thread used it. It's worth a try atleast.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Well if other from portugal are getting it so should you. Have tried viewing the mail as plain text in a email program? That's the other option to get it to show up. Thunderbird works for this since most people in the thread used it. It's worth a try atleast.

yeah mate, it shows the same message. I am contacting the PS support, but in my country is rly bad :/ 

I buy stuff of the store nearly every week and no code for me. No surprise though, it is simple economic practice. They are not going to give codes to people who regularly buy stuff anyway as they will come back regardless. I imagine the code is for 'loyal' customers who have NOT bought anything recently to entice them to come back.

It is a fairly standard business practice to give discount to lapsed customers, rather than those you know you can rely on regardless.