Lack of Themes on PS Vita?

GraniteSnake

I was browsing the Vita store earlier and I noticed that there’s only a handful of themes available to purchase/download for free. Were themes something that never really took off on the Vita? Or are the more widely available on the PS3 store? I have the Uncharted: Golden Abyss one, but some more variety would be great.

Edited by GraniteSnake

31 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Were Themes something that never really took off on the Vita? Or are the more widely available on the PS3 store?

Wouldn’t know about how it was back in the days when Sony actually cared about the Vita - I’m not that old... 

48 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

The Vita's customization is better than the PS4 in my opinion. Ability to change application positions and each background image to whatever you want without having to pay for anything is great.

I feel like an idiot for not thinking about this already. Being able to transfer images from your PC to your PS Vita essentially removes the need for themes...

6 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

I feel like an idiot for not thinking about this already. Being able to transfer images from your PC to your PS Vita essentially removes the need for themes...

Yeah but what i think he was talking about is that you can have 10 pages of apps on your vita and each page can have a seperate background, so you can potentially have 10 themes at once

20 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Yeah but what i think he was talking about is that you can have 10 pages of apps on your vita and each page can have a seperate background, so you can potentially have 10 themes at once

You can only apply one theme at a time as far as I know, but you are correct about each page being able to have a seperate background image. What's cool is you can have a theme applied (in my case Uncharted: Golden Abyss) yet have each background image set as your preferred photo. So you can benefit from the better looking icons while also customising the background as you see fit. (the default icons don't look great imo)

2 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

You can only apply one theme at a time as far as I know, but you are correct about each page being able to have a seperate background image. What's cool is you can have a theme applied (in my case Uncharted: Golden Abyss) yet have each background image set as your preferred photo. So you can benefit from the better looking icons while also customising the background as you see fit. (the default icons don't look great imo)

Oh ok

i have a bunch of pictures saved on my vita and i use those as my background images so i have 10 different backgrounds, i just figured themes applied the same way but maybe not