worst post game grind ever

12 minutes ago, reiner- said:

The grind is either due to the developers thinking their game was so good people would play it forever or what I suspect is that there was content cut from the game and will slowly be released over time.

Nail on the head. Glad I didn't buy this yet. Maybe when I eventually get around to it, there will actually be enough of substance to justify my buying it at reduced price and second-hand.

11 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

"live-service" games just have horrible trophies, that's how things are now. Blame the CEO's and Shareholders not the creativity. =)

Live service games are essentially "online only" games, or games that require you to make an account so companies can keep track of your personal data.

It's beyond me how an old game from generations ago like DOOM that is still fun to play has me making a Bethesda.net account just to play it. That is a good example of live service being forced and that is not the way to do it.

The moment Ubisoft tries to force me to keep using uPlay in order to progress forward with a game, I am done with them. They already tried getting gamers to use their smartphones and do this other crap just to access certain chests in Assassins Creed Unity. People got upset over it and Ubisoft was forced to change them so that you can open those chests without the need of jumping through hoops.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

I checked this thread because of its appealing tittle and, well, I wanted to know what is the worst postgame grinding ever done! ?

Stop making these threads complaining about grind in games. What do you want, free trophies? The industry offers a lot of these as well, go play them. But, hey, maybe you would have to "grind" money to buy them? Wouldn't you be "grinding" trophies by the way? Oh my god, life is so cruel and I can't stand all these grind.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

Live service games are essentially "online only" games, or games that require you to make an account so companies can keep track of your personal data.

It's beyond me how an old game from generations ago like DOOM that is still fun to play has me making a Bethesda.net account just to play it. That is a good example of live service being forced and that is not the way to do it.

The moment Ubisoft tries to force me to keep using uPlay in order to progress forward with a game, I am done with them. They already tried getting gamers to use their smartphones and do this other crap just to access certain chests in Assassins Creed Unity. People got upset over it and Ubisoft was forced to change them so that you can open those chests without the need of jumping through hoops.

I don't understand why you made this post and quoted me Spaz.

I understand what a Live service game is and WY is a live service game.

7 hours ago, reiner- said:

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

It's definitely not the worst but it's still shit.

Someone here suggested a survival mode. That would be great. Though you would never get a job at Bethesda with those whacky ideas. ?

The grind is either due to the developers thinking their game was so good people would play it forever or what I suspect is that there was content cut from the game and will slowly be released over time.

I mean I would have even taken New Game+. At least replaying the game and getting the mission rewards again would have sped up the process and made it feel less grindy. 

The problem is the game is too short to complete the gun mastery trophies and the enemy armor system sucks. 

They should have kept the same enemy system as thier previous games... but Oh Well! I'm almost done grinding - best place by far is to go to riverside 

~ 50 enemies 

- 15 loot crates that can be farmed (use PS4 system clock) 

- Plenty of ammo for all wepaons especially kraftwerks

- Rinse and repeat about 5-8 mins each time 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

i dont see wolfenstein young blood on your profile so unless youve played it somewhere else, you wouldnt make that post if you actually knew what the grind was.

its not the worst grind ever, but its one of the worst, especially for a fps genre. 1f44d.png

With this logic in mind you shouldn't have complained about the game itself either.

There is thousands of grinds out there that I've done that you don't have on your list but you've made the assumption that I do and others do.

I wouldn't say to you that You cannot comment on the grind of games like Battlefield hardline because you haven't played the game.

It's subjective, it's personal opinions.
If you think the grind is horrible then that is fine, Too bad you feel that way but you can't shush down someone else's opinion about it.

Only alcoholics and drug addicts should care for other alcoholics and drug addicts because unless you've been one you can't understand how it feels having withdrawal.

It's illogical.

You made the thread with the title "WORST POST GAME GRIND EVER". and suddenly you are saying It's Not the worst grind ever.

I am sorry there bud but you cannot piss on someone else and claim this is the worst only to shift directions when the narrative suits you for a quick stab at someone.

That there is people that gave you upvotes also indicates how close minded this community is, SHEESH.

10/10 Click bait thread.

also you have not done all of the grind yet so are a hypocrite :D

and with that this thread is done.

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

i think youre reading a little too much into all of this lol calm down. im not having a go at anyone in this thread. everything is civil. maybe put down whatever it is youre drinking.

"I Think" you contradict yourself by saying you are not having a go at anyone when you end your post with calling me an( or implying of) alcoholic or substance abuser.

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

"I Think" you contradict yourself by saying you are not having a go at anyone when you end your post with calling me an alcoholic or substance abuser.

lmao woaaaah there. i have never called you an alcoholic or a substance abuser. youre the one who brought it up and comparing it to video games all of a sudden.

stop flirting with me and find someone else to bother. youre completely derailing the thread.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, grbolivar said:

Seems like I'm skipping this one too. I skipped Wolfenstein 2 because of Mein leben, now this.... They are ruining this franchise.

Well it’s your own fault you are skipping games because of trophies. Not theirs. This game isn’t the best though. But Wolfenstein 2 was decent. 

Edited by Radford999
  • Like 3

If anything it feels like they are sitting on a MTX coins/xp boosts...

not comparing or compiling "worst grinds ever" lists it is just incredibly poor design, poor balancing, awful progression - on top of terrible story and bad characters.

The game is too short, the rewards are too small and infrequent, the armor system is just pointless and all the weapons/masteries/skills are 50% irrelevant to the game/story/player only there for you to check them off a list.

MG just goes all over the place, The New Order was amazing, The New Colossus was imho also trash (not as bad as this) and Old Blood was incredible.

It's by far not the worst grind ever, but it's really a pretty useless grind. There is absolutly no endgame content so i am running the mission "Laboratory X" (or what ever it's called in english), for hours and i am almost done with my weapons. I know all the enemie spawns and could run this mission blind...

Also the game wasn't that great in my opinion so better watching a review next time before buying. Somehow i thought Bethesda couldn't fuck up the Wolfenstein franchise... but well ^^

On 9.8.2019 at 7:55 PM, Varhur said:

At least in Rayman you had the grind segmented into parts, you couldn't just sit 8 hours farming points, you had to wait for the challenge to be over, get the points, then participate in another challenge. Long grind indeed, but limited to 20-30 minutes daily, I wasn't burned out from that.

I prefer to choose how to play games and unlock trophies. These timers remind me of the worst mobile Free2Play games. Despite the fact that there are like 4 or 5 different levels you have to play for months...

On 10.8.2019 at 10:31 PM, Radford999 said:

Well it’s your own fault you are skipping games because of trophies. Not theirs. This game isn’t the best though. But Wolfenstein 2 was decent. 

I get what you mean and I enjoyed W2 on PC. But I don't get why publishers would allow to implement trophies that, in the worst case, lower sales figures, Would W2 have been a worse game without this trophy nobody liked? I don't think so. Would W2 have sold hundreds or even thousands of copies more, if they hadn't implemented such trophy? Definitely.

You don't sell AAA games just with trophies, but you lose sales with them.

I'm almost done with Wolfenstein 2 now and if i have enough time before Control comes out, i'll definitely give Youngblood a shot. I've never really minded natural grinds, y'know, grinds which are synonymous with RPGs etc because you kind of expect them as part of the genre. In fact, I kind of like those. From what i'm seeing with people's comments with Youngblood, is that the grind isn't natural and a little meaningless, which is why folks have beef with it.

I'll definitely give it a go and see for myself soon, even if there is a bolted on pointless grind at the end, i'm still down for more stuff set in the Wolfenstein universe. I'll just dose myself up on coffee and podcasts when the grind time approaches :)

• Like 4

This game's grind may not be the longest as I finished in less than 50 hours, but it just isn't fun at all.  The loop this game offers is pointless.  Having to farm all those silver coins to buy gun mods you don't even want to use since you can only use one set of mods at a time feels so pointless.  Farming your mastery up with weapons that aren't worth using that have severe ammo limitations is not enjoyable either.  However, the main issue with this game is that it lacks content and the plat requires you to play the same things over and over that were not that fun the first time due to them ruining everything that made Wolfenstein what it is.

The gameplay is slow with the RPG mechanics they introduced and the two ammo types they decided to force you to swap between to penetrate armor is just tedious.  It is so arbitrary in what type of armor each gun penetrates and the block armor has less options for some reason.  The girls have very irritating personalities that you can't relate to at all and the game cannot be taken seriously in any way as it feels like they are trying to turn it into Borderlands with over the top, unbelievable characters.  The level of immersion this game offers compared to The New Order is just terrible.  It just isn't a great entry into the Wolfenstein series and thus the trophy set that requires you to grind the game for many hours beyond the story content feels a lot worse than it is.

There will be people who don't mind the game or defend it as with anything, but I'd take the Monster Hunter grind over this any day.  A fun game that has a rewarding gameplay loop is always going to feel more worthwhile even if it ends up being more time.  For me, this game doesn't check those boxes.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Elegy said:

This game's grind may not be the longest as I finished in less than 50 hours, but it just isn't fun at all.  The loop this game offers is pointless.  Having to farm all those silver coins to buy gun mods you don't even want to use since you can only use one set of mods at a time feels so pointless.  Farming your mastery up with weapons that aren't worth using that have severe ammo limitations is not enjoyable either.  However, the main issue with this game is that it lacks content and the plat requires you to play the same things over and over that were not that fun the first time due to them ruining everything that made Wolfenstein what it is.

The gameplay is slow with the RPG mechanics they introduced and the two ammo types they decided to force you to swap between to penetrate armor is just tedious.  It is so arbitrary in what type of armor each gun penetrates and the block armor has less options for some reason.  The girls have very irritating personalities that you can't relate to at all and the game cannot be taken seriously in any way as it feels like they are trying to turn it into Borderlands with over the top, unbelievable characters.  The level of immersion this game offers compared to The New Order is just terrible.  It just isn't a great entry into the Wolfenstein series and thus the trophy set that requires you to grind the game for many hours beyond the story content feels a lot worse than it is.

There will be people who don't mind the game or defend it as with anything, but I'd take the Monster Hunter grind over this any day.  A fun game that has a rewarding gameplay loop is always going to feel more worthwhile even if it ends up being more time.  For me, this game doesn't check those boxes.

Nice summary there @Elegy, definitely some good points. I'm wondering if they will patch or make some gameplay changes, either i'm blind or i they haven't given any heads up around any tweaks or changes to the gameplay that you referenced.