UlvenFenrir

worst post game grind ever

108 posts in this topic

On 19/09/2019 at 3:54 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

you already know what youre going into with a  game like gt or a jrpg for that matter. wolfenstein was never grindy so in terms of wolfenstein games then young blood is huge grind.

Well you know what you are in for if you look at a trophy guide for youngblood before you buy it. 
 

Yeah it’s boring as hell. But i’d much rather do the Youngblood grind than do RDR2 online grind again for example. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 4:47 AM, jonesey46 said:

I don't understand why people come on to this website, a website dedicated to trophy hunting, and have a go at people for trophy hunting. Sure, if you don't like a game you shouldn't really bother playing it but that's just not how it works for a trophy hunter. If it was that easy then this website wouldn't be as popular as it is.

 

Anyway, I finished this game last night and whilst I initially enjoyed it quite a bit, the pointless grind left a sour taste in my mouth. I am a big fan of the Wolfenstein series, including The New Colossus AND I'm even a supporter of the Mein Leben trophy, despite not yet achieving it, because there's a point to Mein Leben, its a trophy that requires skill (and albeit, a lot of luck) whereas most of the trophies in Youngblood are utterly pointless. Youngblood's endgame grind only serves to show that the game is shallow and has very little content.

 

Machine Games have a lot to answer for and hopefully, they get their shit together for Wolf3.

 

Well said on all fronts.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this shit is ridiculous. i think i finished the game in 2 days taking my time having fun, and since then its been a long dragged out playing level 1 over and over and over and over. some of those guns take so long to level up just once. not to mention coins are shit, 3 coins a pickup? yah that helps when you need 100k for all upgrades. i was around level 40ish i think when i finished the main and side missions. im almost level 80 now just from grinding and im just now almost have all the abilities. this game is at the very least 50% grind, if not 75%. the girls are lame with their country accents acting like teenagers but it was a little amusing but doesnt even go with the flow of the game. dancing girls acting like kids while they run around nazis. its almost like they threw these silly girls in there to tame the nazi emblems to be not taken so seriously. i really hate this pos game right now. oh lets not forget the long level load times and the fact you have to keep going back to lab x to get the powerfull ammo that barely lasts so those guns take 3x longer. so much wrong with this.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, Livingstone7728 said:

Do people even play video games for fun anymore?! Doesnt seem like it... if you don't want to grind 30 hours post game because it's repetitive... dont? 


why do they have to put the long grind in there in the first place? it serves absolutely no fun or purpose. like the other guy said it would be tolerable if you could fight waves of enemies, thats actually a really great idea. but the structure of this game how it is shouldnt be set for grinding. its like were being punished for wanting to completely finish a series we like. they are making us hate them lol

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

this shit is ridiculous. i think i finished the game in 2 days taking my time having fun, and since then its been a long dragged out playing level 1 over and over and over and over. some of those guns take so long to level up just once. not to mention coins are shit, 3 coins a pickup? yah that helps when you need 100k for all upgrades. i was around level 40ish i think when i finished the main and side missions. im almost level 80 now just from grinding and im just now almost have all the abilities. this game is at the very least 50% grind, if not 75%. the girls are lame with their country accents acting like teenagers but it was a little amusing but doesnt even go with the flow of the game. dancing girls acting like kids while they run around nazis. its almost like they threw these silly girls in there to tame the nazi emblems to be not taken so seriously. i really hate this pos game right now. oh lets not forget the long level load times and the fact you have to keep going back to lab x to get the powerfull ammo that barely lasts so those guns take 3x longer. so much wrong with this.


why do they have to put the long grind in there in the first place? it serves absolutely no fun or purpose. like the other guy said it would be tolerable if you could fight waves of enemies, thats actually a really great idea. but the structure of this game how it is shouldnt be set for grinding. its like were being punished for wanting to completely finish a series we like. they are making us hate them lol

I finished this game months ago but I'm still pissed at how pointless the end game grind was. Thankfully the games been forgotten about and I think it was a flop so hopefully Machine Games/Bethesda learnt their lesson with this one.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 7:13 AM, jonesey46 said:

I finished this game months ago but I'm still pissed at how pointless the end game grind was. Thankfully the games been forgotten about and I think it was a flop so hopefully Machine Games/Bethesda learnt their lesson with this one.

 

i just finished it and im extremely pissed at this game. i had no excitement of the plat even popping. i had excitement hitting delete on the game. such a pos grind. i ran through riverside and lab x opening crates for about 5 days. and then when everything should of been done, my stats for the first 2 guns were reset so i had to save about 10k+ to upgrade those 2 dumbass guns. constantly changing the date on my ps4 so the crates respawn. i mean without forcing the crates to respawn how did they think people were going to reach 120k coins??? i even played the first mission only for most of my kills and was only getting maybe $300 per run on that without changing the date. this was just the most ridiculous thing ever. even friday the 13th grind isnt making me this mad. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile games like Star Ocean 4 and Mugen Souls grind alone which have 500+ hours of grinding be sitting here like. 30 hours is child's play.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Meanwhile games like Star Ocean 4 and Mugen Souls grind alone which have 500+ hours of grinding be sitting here like. 30 hours is child's play.

youre comparing jrpgs to a fps... big difference there. imagine this: going to the gym for 2 hours because its something you enjoy doing and you also know its going to take you 2 hours. time will fly by fast. now imagine instead of going to the gym for 2 hours, youre forced to peel potatoes for 2 hours. do you think those 2 hours are going to go by fast?

 

i dont care if you grind a jrpg for 500 hours. most people know what theyre in for. but who tf wanna grind for 40 hours in a fps? and in a wolfenstein game? no one.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

youre comparing jrpgs to a fps... big difference there. imagine this: going to the gym for 2 hours because its something you enjoy doing and you also know its going to take you 2 hours. time will fly by fast. now imagine instead of going to the gym for 2 hours, youre forced to peel potatoes for 2 hours. do you think those 2 hours are going to go by fast?

 

i dont care if you grind a jrpg for 500 hours. most people know what theyre in for. but who tf wanna grind for 40 hours in a fps? and in a wolfenstein game? no one.

Um your missing the point, the topic of this post is called "worst post game grind ever" It does not say worst FPS post game grind ever. In the end a grind mostly comes down to how long and tedious this grind is.
Your still doing the same thing over and over ill take 30-40 hours to 500 hours of doing the same thing any time.

8 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Great argument. There are people starving in the world so you shouldn't feel hungry.

 

30hrs or 500hrs it doesn't matter. This game was straight up unnecessary and didn't have the content or gameplay loop to justify it. 

As mentioned above the topic of this post says worst post game grind ever which i don't agree with but hey Great Argument you just pointed out what most grinding is, lack of content and gameplay, thanks for your words of wisdom and valid input

But in the end everyone has a different view on what a grind is and where it should be.

Edited by fisty123
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Um your missing the point, the topic of this post is called "worst post game grind ever" It does not say worst FPS post game grind ever. In the end a grind mostly comes down to how long and tedious this grind is.
Your still doing the same thing over and over ill take 30-40 hours to 500 hours of doing the same thing any time.

As mentioned above the topic of this post says worst post game grind ever which i don't agree with but hey Great Argument you just pointed out what most grinding is, lack of content and gameplay, thanks for your words of wisdom and valid input

But in the end everyone has a different view on what a grind is and where it should be.

I'm not the OP and I agree the post title is somewhat dramatic. In any case, isn't grinding in JRPG's expected?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The grind wasn't too bad... it's sad that people expect developers to make games with easy platinums and when they dont the game is awful....the game wouldn't be very grindy at all if people played it without a walkthrough... that being said I very much enjoyed this game... not a goty by any stretch but a definitely worth 40$ I paid

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Livingstone7728 said:

The grind wasn't too bad... it's sad that people expect developers to make games with easy platinums and when they dont the game is awful....the game wouldn't be very grindy at all if people played it without a walkthrough... that being said I very much enjoyed this game... not a goty by any stretch but a definitely worth 40$ I paid

 

Post game grind in this title is objectively bad though, whether it's 'terrible' 'awful' or 'not too bad' - that's semantics. The point i'm raising is that the main game is enjoyable, while not being anywhere near as high quality as the main games, I had fun with it. But the platinum is a chore-some experience.

 

The platinum is objectively easy to achieve with time. You seem to be making a connection between grind and difficulty in context with achieving the platinum here and the two are unrelated in this case.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I'm not the OP and I agree the post title is somewhat dramatic. In any case, isn't grinding in JRPG's expected?

In the past yeah but even these days with the aim of trying to get more I guess you would call them triple A players to play JRPGs the grind for most mainstream JRPGs is slowly becoming less which is not a bad thing really given these games can still take 60 - 150 hours to pass

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 1:46 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

wth were they thinking? by the time youre done with the story and post game content youre left with at least 30 hours of grinding out weapons and farming coins. 

 

i remember machinegames saying this was twice the length of wolfenstein 2? yeah.......... grinding for 30 hours doesnt count as twice the length machinegames fyi.

 

please for the love of everything that is holy, dont fuck up wolfenstein 3.

If you’re grinding an extra 30 hours then you’ve completely played the game wrong if going for the Platinum. You should’ve completed all side quests alongside changing weapons constantly before finishing the game. I was able to finish it in just under 30 hours with about a 12-15 hour grind so it wasn’t that bad at all

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone has posted it or not, didn't read through all the replies but for those of you still trying to finish this. You already know the coin boxes respawn at the end of the day. Do a run through and gather up all the coins then manually set your date to the next day. It tricks the game and all the coin boxes reset. It's still a bit boring but it helps speed up the process a bit. I need only about 8,000 coins left and 171 kills for the dieselhammer (the worst because the spawn rate is random on getting any of the hammer weapons) then I will be finished!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

I don't know if anyone has posted it or not, didn't read through all the replies but for those of you still trying to finish this. You already know the coin boxes respawn at the end of the day. Do a run through and gather up all the coins then manually set your date to the next day. It tricks the game and all the coin boxes reset. It's still a bit boring but it helps speed up the process a bit. I need only about 8,000 coins left and 171 kills for the dieselhammer (the worst because the spawn rate is random on getting any of the hammer weapons) then I will be finished!

 

For the dieselhammer, if you have the physical version, you can delete your game and reinstall and refuse the patch. Then go to the casino in the first mission where a heavy has the dieselhammer. Jump off the side of the airship after you've killed everything and repeat. This is much faster than the Lab X method of collecting ammo. If you have the digital version it won't work because they removed the mission checkpoints on replays.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emailking said:

 

For the dieselhammer, if you have the physical version, you can delete your game and reinstall and refuse the patch. Then go to the casino in the first mission where a heavy has the dieselhammer. Jump off the side of the airship after you've killed everything and repeat. This is much faster than the Lab X method of collecting ammo. If you have the digital version it won't work because they removed the mission checkpoints on replays.

 

I wish I would have known that before! Haha I just finished it today! Thanks though!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 5:59 AM, Livingstone7728 said:

The grind wasn't too bad... it's sad that people expect developers to make games with easy platinums and when they dont the game is awful....the game wouldn't be very grindy at all if people played it without a walkthrough... that being said I very much enjoyed this game... not a goty by any stretch but a definitely worth 40$ I paid


are you fkn kidding me? i played the game with no walkthrough no guide no anything and didnt even have half the requirements for money, and i think the only weapon i had at 10 was the melee. everything else was level 1 or 2. the game was good, until you finished it and realized you had to repeaztedly do the same bs longer then the actual game took to play

On 11/6/2019 at 0:29 AM, SoapMacTavish222 said:

I don't know if anyone has posted it or not, didn't read through all the replies but for those of you still trying to finish this. You already know the coin boxes respawn at the end of the day. Do a run through and gather up all the coins then manually set your date to the next day. It tricks the game and all the coin boxes reset. It's still a bit boring but it helps speed up the process a bit. I need only about 8,000 coins left and 171 kills for the dieselhammer (the worst because the spawn rate is random on getting any of the hammer weapons) then I will be finished!


the spawn on the weapons ammo seems to be what you need kills with the most. at least thats what happened when i was playing it. when it came down to the big guns as soon as i finished one, it would give me less ammo for that gun and alot more for the next guns i was working towards

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Livingstone7728 said:

The grind wasn't too bad... it's sad that people expect developers to make games with easy platinums and when they dont the game is awful....the game wouldn't be very grindy at all if people played it without a walkthrough... that being said I very much enjoyed this game... not a goty by any stretch but a definitely worth 40$ I paid


Who actually needs a walkthrough for this game? There’s like 6 story missions and the side missions appear for you automatically.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that want to know the newest update added some more side missions and new abilities. The side missions can help with coins and the ability points if you still need some of the abilities like I do.

 

It may reduce some of the post game grind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KZ Shadowfall, never again. I never got a platinum for Red Faction Guerilla but I remember that being pretty ridiculous a few years ago when I grasped how long it would take. Tomb Raider was a horrible, horrible grind and 100% Fallout 4.

Edited by HandsUp1992
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to strongly agree about the post game grind. I have finished the game including the side missions in about 15 hours, currently reaching 40 hours and I still have 9 ability points to earn and about 40k coins to fully upgrade all weapons. 

This is extremely frustrating and tedious. I am currently redoing the last mission and I get about 150k xp per 15 mins but I had enough of this mission already. 

I am fine with collectables, but this unnecessary grind makes no sense whatsoever. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 9:46 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

wth were they thinking? by the time youre done with the story and post game content youre left with at least 30 hours of grinding out weapons and farming coins. 

 

i remember machinegames saying this was twice the length of wolfenstein 2? yeah.......... grinding for 30 hours doesnt count as twice the length machinegames fyi.

 

please for the love of everything that is holy, dont fuck up wolfenstein 3.

 

I feel your pain. Whatever you do, don't buy Gundam Warriors : Reborn, you can complete the whole main story in about 10 hours, but you need to grind 5000-10000 kills for most mobile suits in the game, and separately about 5000 kills with each pilot in the game, maybe about 50 characters and 60 mobile suits. Well even with the fastest grinding method, you're looking at about 100 hours and almost a million kills required. Good luck with being lonely and grinding that 3 minute dessert stage about 300 times.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RomSn3 said:

I have to strongly agree about the post game grind. I have finished the game including the side missions in about 15 hours, currently reaching 40 hours and I still have 9 ability points to earn and about 40k coins to fully upgrade all weapons. 

This is extremely frustrating and tedious. I am currently redoing the last mission and I get about 150k xp per 15 mins but I had enough of this mission already. 

I am fine with collectables, but this unnecessary grind makes no sense whatsoever. 

 

Try Brother 1.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.