martolod85

Sniper Elite 4 does not start

6 posts in this topic

I downloaded Sniper Elite 4 from the PSN Store two days ago (free psn plus game august), I played it a bit yesterday and I wanted to play further today but the game does not start anymore. I always see the first picture but the game does not really start cause it does not change to the gaming menu, it seems being freezed... 

I tried different things: 

- deleted every save file - game still not starts

- uninstall, new download - game still not starts

- restored the ps4 database - game still not starts

- renewed all the licence - game still not starts

I really do not know what to do more. Yesterday I thought "cool game", now I am really getting angry about it... 😢 

Maybe anyone knows more and can help? 

Edited by martolod85

Just had the same Problem, i had to download all the DLC i owned, then it worked! 

Although in my case it was the first time i tried starting it, it didnt work and then stopped working in my case... 

Thanks for the tip, it worked for me after I installed all the dlc content! 

Grazie mille

Your save file will experience an issue if you have DLC and it isn't installed. Reported in forums many times.
My best guess is: It doesn't know how to handle a Loadout that includes a DLC weapon in your Save File.

On 12.8.2019 at 0:31 PM, marko_cruise said:

Your save file will experience an issue if you have DLC and it isn't installed. Reported in forums many times.
My best guess is: It doesn't know how to handle a Loadout that includes a DLC weapon in your Save File.

That couldnt have been the problem in my case. I had it installed for the first time, never played before, so i also had no save. I started the game for the first time ever but it didnt work. Only when i installed the DLC, the game started. So no plausible reason in my opinion, just bad coding... I should be able to launch the game, just not have access to DLC content... Or at the very least, there should be an error message telling me i have to install the DLC, not just freeze without obvious reason. 

I had the same problem with the retail version at D1 because I had already bought the Season Pass