Sniper Elite 4 does not start

martolod85

I downloaded Sniper Elite 4 from the PSN Store two days ago (free psn plus game august), I played it a bit yesterday and I wanted to play further today but the game does not start anymore. I always see the first picture but the game does not really start cause it does not change to the gaming menu, it seems being freezed... 

I tried different things: 

- deleted every save file - game still not starts

- uninstall, new download - game still not starts

- restored the ps4 database - game still not starts

- renewed all the licence - game still not starts

I really do not know what to do more. Yesterday I thought "cool game", now I am really getting angry about it... ? 

Maybe anyone knows more and can help? 

Edited by martolod85

On 12.8.2019 at 0:31 PM, marko_cruise said:

Your save file will experience an issue if you have DLC and it isn't installed. Reported in forums many times.
My best guess is: It doesn't know how to handle a Loadout that includes a DLC weapon in your Save File.

That couldnt have been the problem in my case. I had it installed for the first time, never played before, so i also had no save. I started the game for the first time ever but it didnt work. Only when i installed the DLC, the game started. So no plausible reason in my opinion, just bad coding... I should be able to launch the game, just not have access to DLC content... Or at the very least, there should be an error message telling me i have to install the DLC, not just freeze without obvious reason.