Mobile version / app [PROOF OF CONCEPT]

It's looking really good for a starting project. I assume you will only improve over time. Hopefully you make a downloadable app version in the future, since i rather not view the site on my phone browser. See if you contact sly in private and see if he is interested in hiring you to make this reality. I was somewhat considering to do it myself, despite my obvious lack of knowledge, but I would rather have someone else with years of experience do it instead, which would certainly result in a much better product at the end.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It's looking really good for a starting project. I assume you will only improve over time. Hopefully you make a downloadable app version in the future, since i rather not view the site on my phone browser. See if you contact sly in private and see if he is interested in hiring you to make this reality. I was somewhat considering to do it myself, despite my obvious lack of knowledge, but I would rather have someone else with years of experience do it instead, which would certainly result in a much better product at the end.

You can install the webpage as a native app already :). Just check "edit 3" in my original post. Thanks for your kind words!

completely agree...i think making this site mobile and user friendly is a massive challenge and is possibly why sly doesn't seem to be pushing to release an app...it might be worthwhile to pm him to bounce ideas off each other if you haven't already...worst case is he ignores you or says "no thanks" in which case you could just keep doing what you're doing...no harm, no foul...

• Like 1

Honestly I like the potential in it. As others are saying, converting every feature and every page on this website into a way that's mobile friendly is a gigantic task. People would expect everything present on a profile or list to be smartly added on mobile resolutions - no features missing basically. However I realize this is mostly a rough draft and a proof of concept. It's got some cool stuff for mobile, such as being able to select anywhere on an entire row for a game instead of just the list title, along with the layout of how trophy lists themselves are arranged. People were right about each row needing to not be too high and stuff and the second version looks a lot better than the first.

That being said, it all depends on if Sly would have an interest in it or not, ultimately he would have a say on it.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Well my thoughts on it are even though I don't have a problem with the mobile version of this website, I'd love it if there was a PSNProfiles App. There are some things on this website that aren't quite right on mobile, like your signature avatar that displays your trophies when you post on the forums for example, it's not displayed on mobile and only on desktop. 

Theres Apps for everything so to speak these days and I think it would be nice if this website had one. I believe i myself asked about an app for this website in the past too. It would be nice but would probably be so much work. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

27 minutes ago, Vadrael said:

it definitly looks interesting, what iam missing and is most frustrating is the forum part. on mobile its not usable due to screen covering adds and functionality wise its not that good either. if you have a idea about that part i would be happy.

Forums work great on mobile with premium.