Sony's Code of Content with IDs

FarfetchDoomer

Just a little rant. Decided after sometime to change my ID, waited till the whole PSNProfiles thing was sorted and wanted to use the ones I have on my other services I made but lo and behold when I went to change my ID to 'FarfetchHipster' (one am currently using for everything else) its stated 'ID not allowed', tried something else which either was already taken and allowed so I know for sure that one was being denied by Sony's Code of Conduct. Wonder what the hell was offensive about that ID? Do people find Hipsters that offensive? I mean gathering from my current PSN ID which was a joke nickname I had at college, I would find more people up in arms about that one than the new one I want, hell I took out the 88 in my current ID and it was allowed. Oh well guess am stuck with it unless I can think of anything else...but knowing me that'll be 'offensive' too.

Thats Sony 2019. while we cant change sonyschildish behavior, we do can come up with other solutions.

Try using different kind of name generator and then maybe play a bit with the results. it hard to get new original names but its more satisfying once you finished that part of your gaming life.

• Like 1

Yeah it can be surprising what is & isn't allowed. I used to be part of a group chat which had a language filter where you'd post your recent platinums & when I did 'Nitroplus Blasterz Infinite Heroines Duel' they censored it just because 'you can't have 'heroines' without 'heroin'. Seems like they thought that through about as much as the rest of what they do.

On the other hand I had an illicit ID for 10 years & they only made me change it when they actually put the feature in there. I did a good 500 or more hours of online gaming with that ID & never got reported (never gave anyone a reason to).

32 minutes ago, HornieDee88 said:

Do people find Hipsters that offensive?

Sure plenty do. People who want to purchase a record from a band they like without it selling out in seconds & being put on discogs for thrice the price. People who aren't into coffee culture & have to hear people bang on about it. People who were financially forced out from where they grew up due to gentrification. I don't think it's any kind of malicious loathing but discontent with the general idea of what contemporary hipsters are is a common thing I've come across for sure. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Sure plenty do. People who want to purchase a record from a band they like without it selling out in seconds & being put on discogs for thrice the price. People who aren't into coffee culture & have to hear people bang on about it. People who were financially forced out from where they grew up due to gentrification. I don't think it's any kind of malicious loathing but discontent with the general idea of what contemporary hipsters are is a common thing I've come across for sure. 

Haha, tbh I've been told too many times I look like one rather than the lifestyle xD

At least Sony is a bit more lenient than Nintendo and all the censoring that's come to nicknaming Pokemon. 

The name you suggested seems ok though, it's a bit odd that it's seen as offensive. Did you try an underscore in between the two words to see if that works?

• Like 1