Platinums that are rarer for PSNProfiles than they are for all of PSN??

djb5f

I found this rather bizarre.  This platinum is showing as only 1.35% for PSNProfiles community BUT somehow 3.7% for everyone on PSN.  I don’t think I have seen that before.

Are there other examples of this happening where the platinum is actually more common for the overall population?  Has to be a mistake, no?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/240-scene-it-bright-lights-big-screen

L677bdc.png

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

No, there's a few games where it just happens to be like this. More people completed tha game overall than among the limited owners on PSNP. I found at least one game like this a while ago but can't remember what it was.

Then there's all the Vita games that have crazy high platinum % on PSN due to hackers and low owners while being close to 0% on PSNP, but that's a different thing.

• Like 1

This immediately came to mind. I swear I'm going to get this at some point. (sucks having no one to borrow those move controllers from lol)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/455-dancedancerevolution/Avatar_Of_Battle

I'm pretty sure I have others. When I actually look at my list I'll edit this post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This immediately came to mind. I swear I'm going to get this at some point. (sucks having no one to borrow those move controllers from lol)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/455-dancedancerevolution/Avatar_Of_Battle

I'm pretty sure I have others. When I actually look at my list I'll edit this post.

This is a good example.  Interested in more.

45 minutes ago, The Abiding Dude said:

Keep in mind that cheater are not excluded from the Sony stats. There are games out there that can't be platted (anymore) legit. Hackers can get those trophies.

Scene It is not being cheated or hacked.

52 minutes ago, The Abiding Dude said:

Keep in mind that cheater are not excluded from the Sony stats. There are games out there that can't be platted (anymore) legit. Hackers can get those trophies.

While not untrue, do you really think that's the reason? Seems unlikely to me. If hackers want a boatload of platinums to boast about, you'd think they'd choose more prestigious games than Scene It and DDR.

@HaserPL's explanation is more likely IMO.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

While not untrue, do you really think that's the reason? Seems unlikely to me. If hackers want a boatload of platinums to boast about, you'd think they'd choose more prestigious games than Scene It and DDR.

@HaserPL's explanation is more likely IMO.

Nope, they have them ALL! I have seen dozens of accounts with all trophies available.

Something else worth mentioning is that, contrary to what some people think, players would complete games even before the PS3 era. It wasn't exactly unheard of for someone to complete everything in an RPG on the PS2. Many of the Disgaea games have a higher rate on PSN. No doubt some of them are cheaters, but I'm sure there are a few that just aren't using this site, too.

Bladestorm: Nightmare is one such game. PSNP rarity is 0.42% meanwhile PSN rarity is 1.5%. This is almost entirely due to hackers because I’m reporting profiles for this game all the time. I’ve reported 4 people just in the last week.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is another one. 6.40% on here and 19.9% on PSN.

Catherine also has a slight variance of 1.29% on here compared to 1.5% on PSN.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, djb5f said:

This is a good example.  Interested in more.

I only had 1 more on my profile. And 3 that were close. (or at least close in my opinion)

PSNP% vs PSN%.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. 0.89 vs 0.9 (this probably goes back and forth even though I'm not sure if the plat is possible anymore)

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires is close. 1.77 vs 1.3

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 is close. 3.28 vs 3 (another one I plan on getting one day)

F.E.A.R. 2 is close. 0.59 vs 0.4 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

5 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Bladestorm: Nightmare is one such game. PSNP rarity is 0.42% meanwhile PSN rarity is 1.5%. This is almost entirely due to hackers because I’m reporting profiles for this game all the time. I’ve reported 4 people just in the last week.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is another one. 6.40% on here and 19.9% on PSN.

Catherine also has a slight variance of 1.29% on here compared to 1.5% on PSN.

Why is the blade storm nightmare plat so low? Is it unobtainable or just super grindy?

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Why is the blade storm nightmare plat so low? Is it unobtainable or just super grindy?

You’re looking at an easy 150 hours to plat it for starters. However the main reason is because once you’ve completed one battle that’s it. You’ll be repeating the same thing over and over and over.

Yeah 2 games comes to mind immediately. 

Darius burst. Its 0,50% here. But its 4,8% on psn

While Raiden V. is 3,57% here. And on psn its 0,3% 

Obviously Darius is alot harder. So it may be hacked alot ?

Edited by Vergil

The most mysterious one to me that I've seen is Mech Wars: Desert Ashes. 10% rarity on here but somehow 60% rarity on PSN!?

New players are ranked around 35 in the online, so I expect there's less than 30 people with the plat (probably even less, especially if it's true that this game is cross-play with Switch). PSNP tracks 69 game owners (only 4 with that plat), so the numbers really don't add up to me how the PSN rarity can be so high.

I guess this game must have more trophy hackers than actual owners??

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

I think we underestimate how many hackers are out there.

Consider Tokyo Tattoo Girls.  The platinum is bugged and unachievable, but an amazing 24.4% of owner of PSN have the plat.  Which means 24.4% of people with the game are hackers.  Yes, demographics play a part, Trophy Hunters are not necessity representative of the general gaming population.  However, with rarer titles that fact that PSNP's stats are 'clean' accounts for a lot.