Thoughts on people using dummy accounts?

ARH65512

On 8/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, ARH65512 said:

For those who don't know, it's basically a secondary account where people play without trophies thinking in their mind and that way they can still maintain a high completion. 

For me, I'm mixed. I'll admit, I'm guilty of using it, but that's mostly for games I want to play for a few minutes to see if I at least enjoy it. Having said that, I can definitely get by if it's a game that has unobtainable. I can sort of understand if it's a game that has online trophies since they usually can't last forever and they're times where they can shut down the servers without warning (I'm looking at you, Ghostbusters PS3). 

But if it's a game they don't want to play on their main account with all trophies possible but they're hard as fuck (eg. Wolfenstein 2), then I can definitely understand they people are frowned upon. 

Live and let live, I say, Personally, I can't be bothered with a high completion percentage, but there are plenty of things I can be bothered by that have no effect on my gaming brethren.

So long as they aren't cheating, I'm fine with their decisions.

Edited by starcrunch061

It doesn’t matter if people want to use a dummy account to test out games or plat everything on one account, personally I earn trophies for my own satisfaction. Aslong as you feel good with what you’re doing, I don’t think  other people really care about your completion rate (or am I wrong? Idk). 

I’m not obsessed with maintaining a high completion rate, so I’ve never put too much thought into this whole thing with having alternative accounts for completion purposes. 

• Like 1

Honestly sometimes it's nice to just play something without the stress of trophies or the tinge of regret that comes with adding one more thing to clean up to a profile. I think this kind of thing is normal. How nice is it to come home from work and be yourself? My work personality is different than home personality. Gamewise, usually I'm satisfied if I get to A rank on a game. That tells me I went beyond what most gamers do. Right now, I've hidden a bunch of things but that's just to see how it impacted rarity of trophies and my milestones out of curiosity. I'm not ashamed of my typical 60% ish completion average.

Edited by spacey_dweeb