Worth starting this late?

I'd say with 20 days left, it's possible to get 100% from scratch...but you're going to need playing day/night to get all treasures and wins needed during those 20 days.

Maybe if you started when the shutdown was announced 2 months ago, yeah, that would be much more doable. Right now it's still possible, just a huge PITA because you have to rely on RNG to get both treasure sets done.

Treasures, if you're lucky and have a second ps3 + 4 all controllers in total, can be done in about 50 hours and that's excluding those from competitive modes and coop adventure. Competitive mode wins is another 50 hours or so, maybe less if you have a reliable team that doesn't fool around too much. Add another 20 hours to complete the crushing coop adventure/arena medals and you have about 120 hours of pure boosting to do in 20 days...which means 6 hours per day at the least (That's if you're lucky with treasures, as I said before).

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 3

There are a lot of open sessions full of players scrambling to get it done, so I think it is possible, but like Otonio said, you're going to have to play every chance you get for as long as possible everyday. The RNG is terrible and it's not uncommon to have people grinding for days just trying to get that last treasure to drop.

If you think you're going to have a ton of time available to dedicate to this sure. If not, just stick to the Uncharted Collection.

• Like 1

Only if you really want the 100% and have a lot of time available during the remaining days or if you don't mind not having 100% completion profile, otherwise sticking to the PS4 remasters would be the better choice. 

If you really want the plats I'd say wait after the shutdown, there is a very slim possibility that 100% will still be possible even after the shutdown as the multiplayer of the game is p2p so in theory the mp trophies could still be earned just like it's possible to do so in Batman: Arkham Origins, but for that I'd wait a couple of months or more just to make sure.

11 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

the multiplayer of the game is p2p so in theory the mp trophies could still be earned just like it's possible to do so in Batman: Arkham Origins, but for that I'd wait a couple of months or more just to make sure.

Don't you need an Online Pass though? Not sure if that makes a difference. Just thought I'd point that out.

I used an old file I downloaded years ago "Free Multiplayer" which is independent of the base game/disk. It was about 4-1/2 GB … took hours to download just to get the single MP trophy required for platinum. The co-op can be done split screen from the disk.

40 minutes ago, NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR said:

Don't you need an Online Pass though? Not sure if that makes a difference. Just thought I'd point that out.

I used an old file I downloaded years ago "Free Multiplayer" which is independent of the base game/disk. It was about 4-1/2 GB … took hours to download just to get the single MP trophy required for platinum. The co-op can be done split screen from the disk.

I don't remember, I played the physical GOTY version. Anyway, since all DLCs are free now the online pass should be free as well.

38 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Definite no on starting it now. Me and my girlfriend was on it almost everyday for around 6 hours each day on average (maybe a little more) and we finished it in exactly a month. You'd be risking an unobtainable 100% in an almost impossible task.

yeah, but the OP never stated whether 100% in all games (most games?) matters. 

The game is worth playing, might as well get the Plat (2 really easy mp trophies) before it is too late and maybe pick up a few DLC trophies while you can.

I have trophy hunter friends who have been working on this nonstop for the past few weeks and they are even worried that they wont get it all done due to the RNG.  I wouldnt start unless you are ok with not have 100% or you can devote 100% of your awake time until server closure. I think its September 3rd.

Thanks for the responses everyone; based on what everyone is saying I think I’ll just get the PS4 versions instead ?

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

The game is worth playing, might as well get the Plat (2 really easy mp trophies) before it is too late and maybe pick up a few DLC trophies while you can.

Yeah I’m trying to keep my profile at 100% (slacking right now, but I’ve been busy ?) so I may just play it for the base game trophies on my second account!

If you have 4 copies to boost solo. I’d say go for it. You’d be able to do all competitive matches solo and you would be done with in like 30hrs. Then for co-op you just need 2 more people and that will take another 30+hrs depending how good you are on crushing. Then all thats left is hunter arena for treasures. I know everyone is trying to scare you off with the whole RNG but it aint too bad. Just gotta play few matches every day for a week or so. Without alts, no chance 

• Like 1

Its not in your list so stick to the ps4 and avoid torturing yourself. Unless you enjoy spending alot on consoles and games ,getting good players to help out with coop (may be out of luck due to time difference and most have finished by now) and enjoy feeling the frustration ( luck based takes forever)  then you would be out of luck as technically this month is now the finishing phase. 

17 hours ago, djb5f said:

He said it pretty obviously in context if it is worth to starting and finishing the online, as in all the dlc trophies to 100% otherwise he wouldn't have asked the question if it was worth starting 'with it being so late in the month'...

• Like 1

¿Personal advice?: No. It's not worh it. Just go for the 2 basic MP trophies for the main game to avoid getting out from earning the platinum. BUT starting the DLC from scratch is only advisable in two situations: 1.- Have a ton of free time and no job. 2.- Have a good number of PS3 systems and controllers ready to boost this solo (and that is not incluiding the coop stuff and getting those damnable treasures).

33 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

¿Personal advice?: No. It's not worh it. Just go for the 2 basic MP trophies for the main game to avoid getting out from earning the platinum. BUT starting the DLC from scratch is only advisable in two situations: 1.- Have a ton of free time and no job. 2.- Have a good number of PS3 systems and controllers ready to boost this solo (and that is not incluiding the coop stuff and getting those damnable treasures).

dont forget  good players (overseer and Triumvirate)

• Like 1