tinman_1954

RDR2 Herbalist Challenge 9

13 posts in this topic

May have messed up big time here. Found a lot of the Orchids before starting this challenge and any found beforehand don't count. Unfortunately I collected all of them in 3 different species and evidently the Orchids are the only plants that don't regrow after being picked. Have returned to these locations numerous times now and nothing. This has made it impossible to complete the challenge. Outside of restarting the game, does anyone know of a workaround?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think they will reappear but they are very rare

at least thats what i read on another post here

and this is a shit challenge bc you have to recollect all herbs again when you start this challenge 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Googled for you since I don't remember why they are locked. No need to restart

 

Exotics Quest. Located in the northern part of Saint Denis. You have to complete “The Gilded Cage” quest in Chapter 4 to unlock it. The sidequest is made up of 5 stages, and in each stage you need to collect various exotic items around the map. The game actually prevents you from collecting the required amount of orchids before you’ve reached the correct stage, so, for example, since you need 5 Queen’s Orchids for the quest, the game will only let you get 4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SeniorRicketts said:

i think they will reappear but they are very rare

at least thats what i read on another post here

and this is a shit challenge bc you have to recollect all herbs again when you start this challenge 

Well, it has been a week now and none of them have regrown. Yes I agree with you about recollecting being a bunch of BS.

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Googled for you since I don't remember why they are locked. No need to restart

 

 

 

Ok. I didn't know that. So I have to recollect these plants again?!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tinman_1954 said:

Well, it has been a week now and none of them have regrown. Yes I agree with you about recollecting being a bunch of BS.

Ok. I didn't know that. So I have to recollect these plants again?!!

It seems that you have to complete the sidequest first in order to finish the challenge

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Erkawest said:

It seems that you have to complete the sidequest first in order to finish the challenge

Starting to lose interest in this game real fast. It seems as though it is a massive collection of seemingly endless and redundant Easter egg hunts with the hands tied and the eyes blindfolded!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tinman_1954 said:

Starting to lose interest in this game real fast. It seems as though it is a massive collection of seemingly endless and redundant Easter egg hunts with the hands tied and the eyes blindfolded!

Yes, it got me burnt out hard. Was regretting it halfway through. I'm #13 on the world leaderboard in finishing this platinum, haven't touched the game since and wouldn't recommend the plat to anyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, tinman_1954 said:

Starting to lose interest in this game real fast. It seems as though it is a massive collection of seemingly endless and redundant Easter egg hunts with the hands tied and the eyes blindfolded!

 I recommend you to ignore the trophies for now and just play/complete the game (Main story) first. Otherwise the grind might kill the game for you and that would be a shame.

Edited by GoDBoss173
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

 I recommend you to ignore the trophies for now and just play/complete the game (Main story) first. Otherwise the grind might kill the game for you and that would be a shame.

 

Yes, I would recommend it too. This Game is a Masterpiece, enjoy it and if you done, see which Trophies you can get. I platinumed it in 5 Month because I loved this Game, but pause sometimes with the Game or you will loose interests. Play some other Games meanwhile.

 

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

Yes, it got me burnt out hard. Was regretting it halfway through. I'm #13 on the world leaderboard in finishing this platinum, haven't touched the game since and wouldn't recommend the plat to anyone.

 

This Game is not meant to be rushed. Of course you lost your interest.

Edited by Sikutai
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tinman_1954 said:

Starting to lose interest in this game real fast. It seems as though it is a massive collection of seemingly endless and redundant Easter egg hunts with the hands tied and the eyes blindfolded!

Well that's what happens when you rush things and worry about getting collectibles done after 5 mins of playing instead of enjoying the game. The challenges aren't supposed to be done asap. Hence why you can't complete Herbalist challenge 10 (and a few others) until after you've finished the story. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sikutai said:

 

Yes, I would recommend it too. This Game is a Masterpiece, enjoy it and if you done, see which Trophies you can get. I platinumed it in 5 Month because I loved this Game, but pause sometimes with the Game or you will loose interests. Play some other Games meanwhile.

 

 

This Game is not meant to be rushed. Of course you lost your interest.

Started this game back in May and I'm only in chapter 2. That's not rushing it. I don't rush games and don't like games that force rushing upon you. I tend to be somewhat of a completionist. I try to do everything in a given area before moving on to the next. That way nothing gets missed. I definitely do not like having to replay a game 7 or 8 times to get everything out of it like some games require ( multiple playthroughs ). Overly excessive grinding requirements generate frustration that often destroys any enjoyment a game may have and this game seems to require that. It causes a lot of people to lose interest real fast. Games designed to inflict high frustration and/or anger levels in players ARE NOT enjoyable. I did not start this game with the intent to obtain platinum because for one, it required online play for a lot of the trophies and that is something I will no longer do. That is one frustration factor I have the option to eliminate. Unfortunately games don't come with the basic instruction manuals anymore and they don't give you any idea on how to approach a game or even explain the rules to you. Yes, this is an outstanding game in many aspects BUT those aspects often get overshadowed by the negative practices of some developers.                                                                                                                                                                                         Thank you guys for the positive insights. Guess I'll have to rethink my approach to this game now that I know some more of the rules. lol  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished my playthrough a few months ago and I was very meticulous about this challenge because I read some stuff on it. I did some searching for some of the exotics early on using a map and noticed that some of the exotic plants did not appear in the spot mapped. I think the game keeps at least one of the plants hidden or locked in case you happen to "harvest" them all prematurely. The one's that didn't show up for me eventually appeared during the exotics questline. So I would suggest pulling out a map of known locations and scavenger hunt all the spots, unless you've done that already to no avail, in that case I'm sorry :(

On 8/12/2019 at 1:21 AM, Erkawest said:

Yes, it got me burnt out hard. Was regretting it halfway through. I'm #13 on the world leaderboard in finishing this platinum, haven't touched the game since and wouldn't recommend the plat to anyone.


This game was a juggernaut in terms of platinum requirements, I dedicated about 6 weeks straight to it. Had excel spread sheets and all that. it was intense. Took me a while to recover. Hahaha. I think the online was the least entertaining portion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, undefinedmike said:

This game was a juggernaut in terms of platinum requirements, I dedicated about 6 weeks straight to it. Had excel spread sheets and all that. it was intense. Took me a while to recover. Hahaha. I think the online was the least entertaining portion.

Yes lmao I did the same, printed over 10-15 pages with the requirements at work and even had lists of animals, missions and tips for gold rush... this plat was crazy dedication.

 

Not sure but think I took a week off gaming or something after the plat. I grinded Fort Mencer to lvl50 for several hours until that Teddy theme song got stuck in my head after I went to bed..

Edited by Erkawest
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.