regarding platinum and online.

RJP_X

how many people do you generally need if we are strictly talking about the online from the base trophy list? if its possible to knock out trophies with one other person how much time would you need with that person to boost things?

i play single player 99% of the time but have been sort of tempted to grab this since its on sale for $15 all the time lately, but i'd want to know how worth it it is when it comes to the online portion. my play time in games isn't set in stone for certain times and such, usually why i avoid games that require a ton of devotion to online that requires boosting. i've done red dead redemption in my early ps3 days and i recall most of the online i remember not really boosting much. 

i'm trying to get an idea if you can spend a lot of time grinding alone in private sessions, or if you need a group of people for practically every step of the way lol. if its the latter i'll probably just forget about it, i have this on the ps3 from years back but the platinum is impossible now and i don't use my ps3 much nowadays. 

You need 4 people to get the Backseat Driver trophy. All the other base game online trophies only require 2 people, max. 

For reaching rank 100, you can spend your time alone in private sessions or solo public lobbies. Getting to rank 100 isn't difficult but takes awhile. It took me a month on my second go but I wasn't trying. 

• Like 1

There are things called platinum awards which, some are multi person centric. But there's a lot of them that can be boosted with one other person and probably wouldn't take too long... And you just so happen to know someone who might want to boost them too =)

I also know a semi-quick way to get to 100 solo if you're ever interested in that.

The single player stuff alone is worth the price of admission IMO.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, SixyLove said:

You need 4 people to get the Backseat Driver trophy. All the other base game online trophies only require 2 people, max. 

For reaching rank 100, you can spend your time alone in private sessions or solo public lobbies. Getting to rank 100 isn't difficult but takes awhile. It took me a month on my second go but I wasn't trying. 

thanks a bunch for giving me a general idea.

12 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

There are things called platinum awards which, some are multi person centric. But there's a lot of them that can be boosted with one other person and probably wouldn't take too long... And you just so happen to know someone who might want to boost them too =)

I also know a semi-quick way to get to 100 solo if you're ever interested in that.

The single player stuff alone is worth the price of admission IMO.

yeah i had you in mind when asking this as i believe i read a post of yours awhile back how you were interested in the platinum. plus i've been friends with you on PSN for a long time and talked with you the most. i wouldn't want to really jump into something that takes this amount of time with people i don't really know. 

i definitely avoid games that require long term boosting, especially setting up with random people. i remember in my early ps3 days i joined a group of people for assassins creed brotherhood and they all knew each other and had started working on it, i was asking how i should go about it and nobody answered, instead invited and i guess i was doing the boosting wrong and no matter the game it takes me time to get use to things. lol. that's part of why i highly prefer single player games as it gives me time to get use to how stuff works and also on my time. so after awhile i was like, forget it not worth it. so i tend to avoid crap like that with randoms.

i don't mind games with randoms that take a nights worth as its not as much as a worry, but sometimes you start to work with someone, make progress, they have to go for the night and next thing you know they ended up finishing up the rest with their friend that could finally get on so you're stuck trying to find another person. hate shit like that, online boosting definitely has left a bad taste for me over the years for certain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RJP_X said:

i wouldn't want to really jump into something that takes this amount of time with people i don't really know. 

Yeah, that's actually kinda my thought on it too. I was grinding to 100 solo cause I thought another friend of mine was going to help me boost the platinum awards, but when I found out he couldn't help me, I just abandoned it lol. I wasn't going to commit to a rando. 

It is simple as that, it took me 3 mounths to 100% it, i finished it 2 days ago and i gave as much time as i could and we played everyday with a group of 4 people. If you find 3 dedicated people that can bare with you while you figure out how to get everything to work, than go for or else you will be matched with randoms that dont care a bit about winning, trophies, or heists.