Difficulty spike between hard and infernal: a smart way to level up?

Brightblade76

I'm playing solo, I've cleared the hard playthrough at around level 53 and now I'm getting my ass handed to me at infernal difficulty, or at least I have to spend an absurd amount of money to revive. What's a viable way to level up to at least lv.70 before attempting infernal difficulty? I've tried to clear a couple levels on hard without returning to town, but I've leved up just a level and half, I can imagine things get worse at lvl.60 and beyond. Is there a smarter way to proceed or do I have to get prepared to an excruciating grind? The plat for this game is already repetitive as it is without making it worse.

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly, you can pray at the church in town to get more experience but I'm assuming you already did this?

I played online and I got lucky that some high level players joined my game (which I were able to use later in my team offline after collecting some bones and reviving them)

3 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

I'm playing solo, I've cleared the hard playthrough at around level 53 and now I'm getting my ass handed to me at infernal difficulty, or at least I have to spend an absurd amount of money to revive. What's a viable way to level up to at least lv.70 before attempting infernal difficulty? I've tried to clear a couple levels on hard without returning to town, but I've leved up just a level and half, I can imagine things get worse at lvl.60 and beyond. Is there a smarter way to proceed or do I have to get prepared to an excruciating grind? The plat for this game is already repetitive as it is without making it worse.

Thanks in advance.

I prayed at the church for the exp boost and went through the Labyrinth of Chaos on Hard. I found that a good way to level up solo.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I prayed at the church for the exp boost and went through the Labyrinth of Chaos on Hard. I found that a good way to level up solo.

I'm gonna try that, even with the exp boost, doing hard quests or the easiest infernal quest takes too much for my liking, the game went smooth up to defeating the Ancient Dragon on hard, now it suddenly became a chore playing solo.

Edited by Brightblade76

As said above, make sure to pray before going on adventure to boost your score. Labyrinth of Chaos is a good place to do so, and you also get some loot that may be useful. Aside from that, you may try to join random rooms on Hard to play on co-op. Since you just want to level up, it's easier than boosting, and faster.

Also, keep at least 5 sets of equipment ready in case you need to swap at path selection. Depending on your character, try to have an NPC that covers another type of skills you can't (i.e. you use a Fighter, and NPC is Wizard/Sorceress).

Well, I've managed to reach level 66 by recollecting all the talismans on hard (because you lose all of them after defeating the ancient dragon, the game is stupid like that), doing some runs in the chaos labyrinth and repeating 8-10 times the harpy quest on infernal (it seems the latter gave me the highest amount of exp per minute). This allowed me to defeat the ancient dragon on hard under the three minutes mark (2:59 lol), and gather three talismans on infernal while reaching level 70. Feels like I'm doing progress now, but it's a war of attrition nonetheless.

• Like 1

I guess the Demon Lord is impossibile solo without borrowing OP npcs from others. Beside the fact that's a chaotic spamfest like most of the game only ten times worse.

Edit. Ranting always works lol

I've managed to defeat him using three stalwart potions and selling everything before the fight, in order to have lots of revives at my disposal.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1