What is your White Whale / arch nemesis Plat?

Vindibudd

I was just recently going back to my PS3 to finish a bunch of games that I've never been able to in the past because life (Or YLOD) got in the way and there are many plats out there that are no longer attainable which I don't lose sleep over. On the other hand there are many that are still obtainable but hugely difficult and that's what this thread is about.

For me, it's Battlefield: Bad Company. I've played this game for like a thousand hours yet two trophies continue to elude me, standing grayed out in my trophies list in mocking fashion: I am Bad Company, for which I am one savior patch away from dinging and Beans, Bullets, Bandages for which I am 2800 kills from unlocking.

Every time I see Battlefield: Bad Company on my trophy list stuck at that 95% all I can think about is

"To the last I grapple with theefrom hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

What's your White Whale game?

Edited by Vindibudd
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Vindibudd said:

I was just recently going back to my PS3 to finish a bunch of games that I've never been able to in the past because life (Or YLOD) got in the way and there are many plats out there that are no longer attainable which I don't lose sleep over. On the other hand there are many that are still obtainable but hugely difficult and that's what this thread is about.

For me, it's Battlefield: Bad Company. I've played this game for like a thousand hours yet two trophies continue to elude me, standing grayed out in my trophies list in mocking fashion: I am Bad Company, for which I am one savior patch away from dinging and Beans, Bullets, Bandages for which I am 2800 kills from unlocking.

Every time I see Battlefield: Bad Company on my trophy list stuck at that 95% all I can think about is

"To the last I grapple with theefrom hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

What's your White Whale game?

Go for it. BF BC is doable if you keep playing it

• Like 1

It's not a Plat but rather a 1000G on the 360. 

I just could not for the life of me get the 1000G on Batman Arkham Asylum done because of this one combat challenge (Shock and Awe I think it's called).

Every time I would stuff up somewhere, but the most agonising one was when I fell short by ten points. Of a required 30,000.

Needless to say my zeal to complete it completely petered out after that. 

• Like 3

This will offend some, but Atelier Rorona is mine.  I was late to the PS3, but liked the look of the game and was enamored by the number of spin offs so I ran out and bought the first six games, loaded up Rorona...and knew I had made a mistake.  What a PITA the platinum trophy is.  The game itself is good, actually, but for folks who care about trophies, juggling all of the things the game makes you do within the time limits, and missables to boot, overall it's just a bother.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DBTrophyGuy said:

Grand Theft Auto 4. That online grind. I avoid 100%ing the single player just because I know that if I do, I will feel compelled to at least try to get the MP done. 

I am actually working on that right now myself lol.

4 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Gran Turismo 5

YES I feel your pain.

Edited by Vindibudd
  • Like 1