What is your White Whale / arch nemesis Plat?

Vindibudd

L5c6d1c.png

This special one ^

I generally don't bow down in front of a challenge and I like going back to hard games I left aside to finish them after a while (days, month, sometimes even years after starting).

This one though is a different story. While nuclear throne, super meat boy, dariusburst CS and others are on top of the platinum challenge ladder, Crypt of the Necrodancer is just on a completely different level and I doubt I would be able to develop the skill to tackle this one.

So I play it for fun on a sub account from time to time and let it stay there as my forever White Whale.

2 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Hey mate, I have the plat on RLL4 and I unlocked the training drills trophy on RLL3 on another account. I would recommend un-installing the game and then re-installing and playing offline without any updates. I know for 4 they released a patch which dramatically increased the difficulty of the drills and I'm wondering if it might've been similar for 3, I can't quite remember. Make sure it's the last trophy you need before un-installing though as I'm not sure how stats are tracked in these games. Hope that helps!

Oh cool as. I'll see if it's the case for 3, worth a try at least. Cheers for the info mate :)

• Like 1

Shines the lightning kingdom. I want to finish and plat this so bad, but I'm having a hard time sticking with it. Not that it's a bad game, I just messed up a side quest and don't have the motivation to continue. I know I can just get it on the mandatory second playthrough but... One day I'll do it. 

Also Action Henk is one I will never finish. I got to the Kentinator challenge and can't even make it past the first jump. Fun, cute game but out of my skill level.

Currently for me it's Dragon Quest Heroes 2

I loved the first one and enjoyed going for platinum (I play quite a few RPGs so I do enjoy and don't mind tedious grinds for trophies) but for some reason I feel overwhelmed with this sequel. Maybe it's bad timing on my part, not enjoying it as much, would like to co op or a combination of all but I just dread of continuing where I left off.

I do hope to get motivated to continue playing and get platinum one day as I don't want to give up on it that easily.

1 hour ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

Certainly the PS3 version of Resonance of Fate. Put many hours into it, reached the final chapter and had a string of things to do, but got bored of the game and never played again.

I love that game but it's understandable especially when going for platinum, I was crazy enough to platinum the PS3 version twice due to my love for it.

28 minutes ago, Angel said:

I love that game but it's understandable especially when going for platinum, I was crazy enough to platinum the PS3 version twice due to my love for it.

That was one of the games that I most wanted to play on the PS3. The game is unique and very good, but I didnt play it at a good time and I think this ended up making the platinum run bad. Maybe instead of continuing I should start all over again on the PS4.

LittleBigPlanet Vita. One of the trophies requires you to get 50 different people to play a level you made. I currently only need 9 more players, but the problem is, very few people still play this game, and the people who are interested in using P4P to boost this trophy have already played my level (which I'm happy about; my issues are solely with this trophy's requirements). This is, in my opinion, one of the most unfair and frustrating online trophies ever. While LBP 1 and 2 have a trophy identical to this one, neither game is anywhere near as dead as the Vita version.

This really hurts because I really like LBP Vita. It's one of my favorite games on the Vita so far (although I thought the DC Level Pack was hot garbage), and I actually went out and bought the first two LBP games for my PS3 because I liked it so much. I'm still very proud of my 92% completion of the base game, but it's not quite as satisfying as having a hard-earned platinum. As for 100% overall completion, that is never going to happen since the Marvel DLC has long since been delisted, and the less said about the DC levels, the better.

Also, I still have to find every single prize bubble in the game. Some of those bubbles are very, very difficult to reach, and some are impossible unless you have someone else playing with you. I could probably do this, but currently I'm not feeling super motivated to do so right now.

GTAV Doomsday heist.  I realize this is not for the platinum but as somebody who really likes to complete games to 100% this trophy is something I would only ever attempt if everything else was 100%.  Why?  Because i think its stupid to have to unplug your ps4 to keep from having to restart the entire heist and if you fail to unplug or disconnect in time then everybody has to start over on count of you or you have to start over because of somebody else.  It isn't worth it.  If I did it I would rather practice it enough so that we could do it without fail rather than sit next to the ps4 waiting to pull the plug but it's hard to find people who want to do that as well.  

On 12/8/2019 at 5:59 AM, steel6burgh said:

GTAV Doomsday heist.  I realize this is not for the platinum but as somebody who really likes to complete games to 100% this trophy is something I would only ever attempt if everything else was 100%.  Why?  Because i think its stupid to have to unplug your ps4 to keep from having to restart the entire heist and if you fail to unplug or disconnect in time then everybody has to start over on count of you or you have to start over because of somebody else.  It isn't worth it.  If I did it I would rather practice it enough so that we could do it without fail rather than sit next to the ps4 waiting to pull the plug but it's hard to find people who want to do that as well.  

@steel6burgh You dont have to unplug your console you just close app. I did the close app trick for the no death challenge on the original heists. I know your pain with the trophy though. I had 100% on gta then they brought out the director mode trophies so I had to buy the game back to complete it. and then not long after I did they added the doomsday heist so I had to buy the game AGAIN. But I still dont have the challenge trophies. Finding people to do it with is just to much of a task. Plus the heists are just bad anyway. Didnt enjoy them at all. 

The Wolf Among Us (PS3). It's not all that difficult a plat, and I have the plats for most of the other Telltale games. The annoying thing, though, is that I really didn't enjoy playing through it (it's the only game that's made me fall asleep while playing). More annoying is that the game decided to corrupt my saves, and at a time when I didn't have PS+, so I have to redo the first two episodes. I keep telling myself I want to so I can get it out of the way but at the same time I can't bring myself to do so. 

Edited by iceblade997
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iceblade997 said:

The Wolf Among Us (PS3). It's not all that difficult a plat, and I have the plats for most of the other Telltale games. The annoying thing, though, is that I really didn't enjoy playing through it (it's the only game that's made me fall asleep while playing). More annoying is that the game decided to corrupt my saves, and at a time when I didn't have PS+, so I have to redo the first two episodes. I keep telling myself I want to so I can get it out of the way but at the same time I can't bring myself to do so. 

Throw on some videos, streams, or podcasts while you play and half focus on that. If the game is putting you to sleep then you probably aren't really that invested in the story, so might as well just enjoy something else and multitask. Just an idea.

• Like 1

Twisted Metal. I deeply loved that game and wanted to platinum it so bad. I managed to complete all offline trophies which was not at all easy but the online requirements were just ridiculous... that added to how broken it was with lots of lag and disconnections. Sadly the servers closed down for good but I still didn´t lost my hope as hackers managed to bring back MGS4 Online...

I've lots of 1% and 2%s PS3 games that will probably be like this forever but seeing Twisted Metal at 71% is the only thing that offends me of my list.

Twisted Metal, my personal Moby Dick...

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a game I want to love. The world, setting and enemies all seem like they would be right up my alley. AND add to that a trophy list with multiple DLC, making for a very impressive 100%? Seems like a no-brainer for me right? The gameplay completely through me for a loop. I just was straight up not having a good time. I'll return one day to vanquish you, but for now DA:Inquisition's plat rests out of reach.

37 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

Throw on some videos, streams, or podcasts while you play and half focus on that. If the game is putting you to sleep then you probably aren't really that invested in the story, so might as well just enjoy something else and multitask. Just an idea.

Thanks a lot for the tip - somehow I'd never thought of that. I'll give that a try and see how it goes - it should at least make things more bearable...

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:22 PM, MandA60VISE said:

Vanquish, suck at shooters and I can't even do challenge 2 much less challenge 6. Surprised I could even do hard mode.

I was bored enough to see how many people were stuck at 91 percent in terms of trophy percentages.

There is a whopping 6000+ people (accounts) who have everything else but the challenges for the platinum trophy. That is a LOT, considering a little over 4000 people have the platinum. I guess those challenges requires too many fast reflexes and timing.

• Like 1

On PS3 it's Call of Duty: World at war and inFAMOUS.

WaW was my first PS3 game and naturally I want to plat it... but my god I can't get over how Veteran is just downright unfair at times. Checkpoints are so scarce, grenade spam is ungodly, and enemies respwan faster than you can even see them sometimes. Then there's the three zombies trophies I'm missing which is to get a kill with 3 traps on Shi no Numa, get 75K on Shi no Numa, and get 5 packed guns in Der Reise.

inFAMOUS because of it's collectibles. 350 of them yet 0 ways of telling which ones you have/haven't got. What a nightmare.

On PS4 it's currently Furi and Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. I don't really have the skill to get an S-rank on Furier in Furi. Idk if I ever will either.

Black Ops 3 is just a buggy mess that's so bad I outright refuse to play campaign for longer than an hour or two. I kid you not when I say I legitimately obtained an accolade, only for the game to bug out and undo my accolade, forcing me to do it again. 

And then there's those annoying zombie trophies. Even with a good dedicated group, some of those trophies feels like it popped because it wanted to.