Ways to boost this game

patrickogorman19

Unlikely, even during the night I had lobbies reaching up to 9-10 players. I played GT:S ~ 2 1/2 months ago. However I am not sure, if matchmaking is different in Australia than in Europe.

Edited by Mori

If Sport Lobby couldn't find all players with the same DR rating, it creates multiclass room, where could be all drivers from S+ to D, the only criteria that should match is SR rating.

I've been in those lobbies a lot of times. Actually game's matchmaking care less about DR, and qualification times.

Edit: The only real chance for you two is to match for a SR rating with lowest player count. Unfortunately as long as I know Kudosprime doesn't have this statistic, so you have to figure out it by yourself.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

13 hours ago, iHateTrophys said:

Impossible to boost.

Best strategie:

Start monday morning very early.

Do insane qualifiying time.

Than you always have pole position. Now play all day long monday and tuesday. You should win 90%, because other players will not have experience. Wednesday-Sunday better not play.

When you get better rating, use 2cent on your R2 Pedal, but not drive. Simply start race without driving. This races where you only crash into the wall count as finished too.

With this strategie i only completed like 110 races myself, to get all 3 online trophies.

I found race 6 players only about 9am my time. I reackon there even less in the middle of the night espically in my region which has a lot less players, It might be worth a try. If not I just have to practice.

1 hour ago, ph0nix123 said:

I'd also add that the races will run even if you are the only person in the race. When I did my wins, there were times (usually around 5am) when I was racing by myself and was able to get an easy win. Although this was quite rare.

So pole and wins do count if your the only person racing that's intresting the only way I could win.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, it's impossible to boost.

But I don't think it is all that difficult to get the Sport related trophies, if you are at least an average player. If you can manage a time that sits a bit above the average on a event, being it Race A, B or C, you can get poles pretty easily, provided that you tank your stats to avoid being put against better players as you progress in the game. I'm above average in sims (but far from great) and thought I'd never be able to do the 65 poles and 91 wins trophies, but by tanking my stats, I got both within a month... and it was easy, there were weeks with 20 wins, for instance. You can check your times in Kudosprime or with the GTS Companion app (not the GT Sport app) to gauge where you at every week.

Other than that, focus on just one event - the one that mixes cars that you like better or have a track that you knows well - and, you know, practice and improve: going without TCS and full manual (even on the DS4, as I can prove possible and enjoyable) will by itself segregate you from all the casual majority.

Now, I'm missing just the insane lvl 50 and the 322 wins pretty much.

Edited by wowbagger_84

2 hours ago, wowbagger_84 said:

As others have said, it's impossible to boost.

But I don't think it is all that difficult to get the Sport related trophies, if you are at least an average player. If you can manage a time that sits a bit above the average on a event, being it Race A, B or C, you can get poles pretty easily, provided that you tank your stats to avoid being put against better players as you progress in the game. I'm above average in sims (but far from great) and thought I'd never be able to do the 65 poles and 91 wins trophies, but by tanking my stats, I got both within a month... and it was easy, there were weeks with 20 wins, for instance. You can check your times in Kudosprime or with the GTS Companion app (not the GT Sport app) to gauge where you at every week.

Other than that, focus on just one event - the one that mixes cars that you like better or have a track that you knows well - and, you know, practice and improve: going without TCS and full manual (even on the DS4, as I can prove possible and enjoyable) will by itself segregate you from all the casual majority.

Now, I'm missing just the insane lvl 50 and the 322 wins pretty much.

In my region its harder due to less players I spent 1 week trying to get a decent amount of wins but I only managed to get  1 win and 3 poles. You played the same players over and over again.I still vs players who have played over 1000 hours and have played over 1000 races. There is always at least one player better than me. my best bet is to play in the middle of the night where there are less players on.

6 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

In my region its harder due to less players I spent 1 week trying to get a decent amount of wins but I only managed to get  1 win and 3 poles. You played the same players over and over again.I still vs players who have played over 1000 hours and have played over 1000 races. There is always at least one player better than me. my best bet is to play in the middle of the night where there are less players on.

I dispute this. By the time I finally got 91 wins, I was racing pretty much with the same folk, over and over. GT Sport is a massively popular game, but the percentage of people actually bothering to go into Sport mode week after week is far lower, no matter the region. And if anything, you should be getting a ton of Japanese players, the game is extremely popular there. By looking into your profile, I can see that you have done only 17 races (99 starts, only 17 finished) and your time behind the wheel clocks a bit more than 24h. In light of this, I'm pretty sure you didn't actually got to grips with how Sport mode works, how you can game the system and, more importantly, that you had hardly focused on really improving your driving.

I know some players who had more than 500 races completed and are still far from 91 wins. But they are not trophy hunters, they are playing just for the racing and enjoy the game for what it is. On the other hand, I have 230 races completed and 112 wins. But I got out of my way to make sure that I got the 91 needed for the trophy as soon as possible. The point is: the sheer number of races completed by anyone doesn't mean anything.

I can't assess your skill level in the game, but I'm assuming you are an average player (and there is absolutely no shame in that, as I said, I'm too). Here is what you do:

- learn to race with manual transmission and TCS on zero, period. This is mandatory. WIll be traumatic at first on faster cars (you shouldn't notice on slower ones), but that alone will set you far apart the rest

- focus on one kind of car. For Gr.3 races, I only use the Porsche 911 RSR, for Gr.4 I use the Cayman or the Ferrari 458. You can pick whatever you like.

- choose one of the weekly races and focus on it. Try to really learn the track, look for track guides for getting to grips with braking points and trajectories (this guy does some of the most helpful I could find)

- the idea of trying a bit more unpopulated servers early in the morning is helpful

- forget racing until you are confortable with the track-car combo. Go for races when you are sure that you are on the verge of your limit and can't improve your time much more

- as a rule of thumb, forget race C and FIA Nations and Manufacturers events. Those races are set with tire and fuel depletion on - and with quite aggresive multipliers sometimes. Races such as this will need focus on pit-stop strategies and more skill to avoid excessive tire degradation and fuel consumption. If you are not confortable with handling yet more variables, just leave them and focus on race A and B, which never have tire and fuel depletion

- look your driver rating (DR, the first letter) and whenever you start to rise and go up against better players, like people who are on B or A, start to drop out from races, so that your ranking will drop fast and you be racing against E and D people again, where racing is way more dirty, but drivers tend to be slower and more error prone

The summary is that the platinum on GT Sport is far easier than it seems (my god, GT5 was crazy hard, GT Sport is just annoying), BUT, and this is a big one, you have to put up a bit of effort, is hugely time consuming and you have to be at least proficient in racing sims to be able to learn and explore the game with ease.

Edited by wowbagger_84
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wowbagger_84 said:

I dispute this. By the time I finally got 91 wins, I was racing pretty much with the same folk, over and over. GT Sport is a massively popular game, but the percentage of people actually bothering to go into Sport mode week after week is far lower, no matter the region. And if anything, you should be getting a ton of Japanese players, the game is extremely popular there. By looking into your profile, I can see that you have done only 17 races (99 starts, only 17 finished) and your time behind the wheel clocks a bit more than 24h. In light of this, I'm pretty sure you didn't actually got to grips with how Sport mode works, how you can game the system and, more importantly, that you had hardly focused on really improving your driving.

I know some players who had more than 500 races completed and are still far from 91 wins. But they are not trophy hunters, they are playing just for the racing and enjoy the game for what it is. On the other hand, I have 230 races completed and 112 wins. But I got out of my way to make sure that I got the 91 needed for the trophy as soon as possible. The point is: the sheer number of races completed by anyone doesn't mean anything.

I can't assess your skill level in the game, but I'm assuming you are an average player (and there is absolutely no shame in that, as I said, I'm too). Here is what you do:

- learn to race with manual transmission and TCS on zero, period. This is mandatory. WIll be traumatic at first on faster cars (you shouldn't notice on slower ones), but that alone will set you far apart the rest

- focus on one kind of car. For Gr.3 races, I only use the Porsche 911 RSR, for Gr.4 I use the Cayman or the Ferrari 458. You can pick whatever you like.

- choose one of the weekly races and focus on it. Try to really learn the track, look for track guides for getting to grips with braking points and trajectories (this guy does some of the most helpful I could find)

- the idea of trying a bit more unpopulated servers early in the morning is helpful

- forget racing until you are confortable with the track-car combo. Go for races when you are sure that you are on the verge of your limit and can't improve your time much more

- as a rule of thumb, forget race C and FIA Nations and Manufacturers events. Those races are set with tire and fuel depletion on - and with quite aggresive multipliers sometimes. Races such as this will need focus on pit-stop strategies and more skill to avoid excessive tire degradation and fuel consumption. If you are not confortable with handling yet more variables, just leave them and focus on race A and B, which never have tire and fuel depletion

- look your driver rating (DR, the first letter) and whenever you start to rise and go up against better players, like people who are on B or A, start to drop out from races, so that your ranking will drop fast and you be racing against E and D people again, where racing is way more dirty, but drivers tend to be slower and more error prone

The summary is that the platinum on GT Sport is far easier than it seems (my god, GT5 was crazy hard, GT Sport is just annoying), BUT, and this is a big one, you have to put up a bit of effort, is hugely time consuming and you have to be at least proficient in racing sims to be able to learn and explore the game with ease.

Most of this I already know. I played way more than 17 races but I quit most of them because I know I can't win therefore the race does not count. I ususally only do race A as that is much easier than the other 2. Also race A generally  has less players playing. I have spent probably 10 hours of trying to get a good time believe me. I'm rank D and still vs Rank A and B players.

14 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Most of this I already know. I played way more than 17 races but I quit most of them because I know I can't win therefore the race does not count. I ususally only do race A as that is much easier than the other 2. Also race A generally  has less players playing. I have spent probably 10 hours of trying to get a good time believe me. I'm rank D and still vs Rank A and B players.

If you can't win, the best thing to do is to finish, and finish last. Keep making your stats rubbish so you get matched with worse players. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

In the end, all boils down to what times you are able to achieve each week. If you don't have the pace, and are still invested in getting the platinum, I'd suggest to you practice and more practice (you started playing about two weeks ago, right? which is not a lot of time with a game that relies on skill, precision and a lot of technical stuff) until you develop the kind of proficiency needed to be competitive. I've been playing sim games forever and got to GT Sport not being a noob, and I'd still do 300 to 500 qualifying laps each week on my quest for the 65 poles/91 wins trophies - even on tracks that I've been racing all my life in all kinds of racing games. So, yeah, it can be a huge undertaking for less seasoned players.

Race A is not always the best option, for me at least. This week is a great example of that: Tokyo leeds to chaos and I find Race B the more accessible of the three events.

Edited by wowbagger_84
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Matter of fact is, there's no "easy" way on getting these trophies. You seriously have to be committed for approx. a month if you want to get all of them out of the way naturally. As many people have said already, qualifying is key, so do the best lap possible (always check the replays of the Top 10 guys). Also, always race on the category you believe you can do well. Most of the time the races with the same car seem to be the easier for beginners, until you get to understand the mechanics and the behavior of the faster Gr.4-Gr.1 cars, so you can move there. I am quite an experienced GT player but I don't consider myself to be that good, but with serious effort I managed to get every online trophy in about 3.5 weeks. Practice alot, commit and you shall be rewarded. Long story short, you better be here to stay for a while, otherwise you can wave goodbye to this Plat (and mind you I find this waaay easier than the near impossible GT5 plat)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 5:22 AM, The_Bogeyman_JPN said:

Matter of fact is, there's no "easy" way on getting these trophies. You seriously have to be committed for approx. a month if you want to get all of them out of the way naturally. As many people have said already, qualifying is key, so do the best lap possible (always check the replays of the Top 10 guys). Also, always race on the category you believe you can do well. Most of the time the races with the same car seem to be the easier for beginners, until you get to understand the mechanics and the behavior of the faster Gr.4-Gr.1 cars, so you can move there. I am quite an experienced GT player but I don't consider myself to be that good, but with serious effort I managed to get every online trophy in about 3.5 weeks. Practice alot, commit and you shall be rewarded. Long story short, you better be here to stay for a while, otherwise you can wave goodbye to this Plat (and mind you I find this waaay easier than the near impossible GT5 plat)

Is it compulsory to do the circuit challenges to improve?

11 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Is it compulsory to do the circuit challenges to improve?

Circuit experiences will introduce you to tracks greatly and provide valuable insights but you will have to race with another car in sports mode which nullify everything you've got but at least you had learnt where the corner is, what can be the optimal line etc, at that point... 

But it is a very different story with another car, and racing this time not a lone traning session

Edited by Darpiom

Just play the game. Get the best lap time you can. I'd recommend the middle option. One make races are harder to get poles on and it's next to near impossible to win a race if you're P4 or lower...

Also I'd recommend getting your pole times at the start of the week and get most of them out of the way if a track comes up that you're highly confident on.

1 hour ago, f40f50gt said:

Just play the game. Get the best lap time you can. I'd recommend the middle option. One make races are harder to get poles on and it's next to near impossible to win a race if you're P4 or lower...

Also I'd recommend getting your pole times at the start of the week and get most of them out of the way if a track comes up that you're highly confident on.

I just got 91 wins trophy. I disagree with you I find one make racers a way easier to get a good time on I got plenty of poles, when I tried the middle one I never got close to the pole time. Plus the middle one 16 people to compete with while there is only 12 for race A. I have won racers from P4 or lower simply by ramming others players thanks to this update where you don't get penalise for ramming other players.

• Like 1

On 31/1/2020 at 2:28 AM, weggelopen said:

Yes but in sport mode you can make a room with friends only

no, "lobby" is not "sport mode" and does not count for trophy.

now i'm at 132 pole, 86 wins with 285 race.

see the race A and B, select one of these and gor for a 20/30 lap qualify/practice, learn the track and only after go for race.

without a good practice it's almost impossible to win.

in my opinion the rank doesn't count too much, i won more A and B DR than C or D, just race over and over.

edit:
if the car is slow/really slow try to get a very good qualify laptime to start ahead or between 1-4 because can be hard to overtake even if you have a good start from the grid;
with faster cars many playerscan loose grip on start and you can close up the gap or overtake them.

SR rank S is ok, many players here are serial killers and try to push you off the track but at lower grade it's not racing but wrestling so i suggest to stay in S tier.

just have fun, experience built up racecraft skill and make you a better player.

Edited by Gioz85_ita
edit paragraph
  • Like 2

When new events comes on Monday pick a race and car you most comfortable with and practice. You can also see top 10 times and their replays which can help you improve.

Before I started the game I was worried about online wins, but its actually not too bad, currently sitting at 75 races, 24 poles and 36 wins and started only week and a half ago. Now I'm worried about lvl 50 (2353000xp) ?

I find it hardest to start from pole as people slipstream, bunch up behind you, get close and on first turn bump you out of the race. If you play clean you will stay in S rank, which doesn't grant you no bumping tough. Penalty system is sometimes broken as if you get bumped from the side off the track YOU get penalty and lose several positions... happened to me few times. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, vujos said:

When new events comes on Monday pick a race and car you most comfortable with and practice. You can also see top 10 times and their replays which can help you improve.

Before I started the game I was worried about online wins, but its actually not too bad, currently sitting at 75 races, 24 poles and 36 wins and started only week and a half ago. Now I'm worried about lvl 50 (2353000xp) 1f62c.png

I find it hardest to start from pole as people slipstream, bunch up behind you, get close and on first turn bump you out of the race. If you play clean you will stay in S rank, which doesn't grant you no bumping tough. Penalty system is sometimes broken as if you get bumped from the side off the track YOU get penalty and lose several positions... happened to me few times. 

yes man, lvl 50 it's a nightmare because the exp you need is extremely high and it's really boring to repeat over and over the same 2-3 race which give you best Xp amount in gt league.
best race give you around 8200 exp points in 11-12 minutes.

• Like 1